Author Topic: fence statement  (Read 50560 times)

czefski

Re: fence statement
« Reply #45 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 16:58 PM »
I'll be in the Golf and whatever that one in the square in Aberfeldy is called. Give me a shout when they're done.

michi_p

« Reply #46 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 17:01 PM »
Is it too soon to say that I'm delighted I might never have to hear Randolph's Leap again?
I think so, they've just been added to the bill for Karail and Aberfeldy.
 ;)

Has aberfeldy been announced then?

Uncle Ellwyn

« Reply #47 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 17:10 PM »

Relieved to hear Fence lives on.

If there are two people who deserve success (or happiness or whatever) it's Kenny and Johnny. They both have given us so much and only ever asked that we buy some records and dance about a bit. Both are an inspiration and the world is a much better place for them.

Amen

czefski

« Reply #48 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 17:15 PM »
Is it too soon to say that I'm delighted I might never have to hear Randolph's Leap again?
 ;)

Whisky Stephen said yesterday that tickets will be released soon

Captainfourhorns

« Reply #49 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 17:18 PM »

coriander

« Reply #50 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 18:34 PM »

Relieved to hear Fence lives on.

But...is it the same fence or a Newco Fence??

Fence then, Fence sort of now, Probably Fence Forever.

Mind that time KC was singing Diamantina Drover at the end of Homegame whatever and he changed the line 'these fences run forever' to 'Fence will run forever'?

That was a genuine wow moment eh?

On reflection i'm really looking forward to both things taking off. If there are two people who deserve success (or happiness or whatever) it's Kenny and Johnny. They both have given us so much and only ever asked that we buy some records and dance about a bit. Both are an inspiration and the world is a much better place for them.

And as I've said elsewhere I still hope they can patch things up sometime. Y'never know ;)

So long live Fence and all the very very best to Johnny PT

Peace out doods x 8)

Yup. I really don't see why people feel the need to choose sides on things like this. it was never going to last forever in the incarnation that we were lucky enough to know. Aw the best to all that were ever involved. Me, I still just feel bloody lucky to have been involved at all!

Uncle Ellwyn

« Reply #51 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 19:03 PM »
Well said Corrie.

Hugs all around!

coriander

« Reply #52 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 19:07 PM »
Well said Corrie.

Hugs all around!

Unc, I hope you remember what a 'bosie' means, cos you're getting a big fat one from me right now!

michi_p

« Reply #53 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 19:18 PM »
 ;)

Whisky Stephen said yesterday that tickets will be released soon

Good to know.accommodation was sorted out ages ago.just started to get curious about who's playing.

Christian Mingle

• now try playing the same notes in the right order
« Reply #54 on: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 19:37 PM »
i'm with Coriander. it could have been handled a little better maybe in the gist of the initial announcement but in the long run everyone ends up with more music under both old fence, which i am delighted to still be associated with, and from whatever new endeavour Johnny decides upon and the memories of some great times together with more to come! vive la fence.

Kimmers

« Reply #55 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 09:06 AM »
i'm with Coriander. it could have been handled a little better maybe in the gist of the initial announcement but in the long run everyone ends up with more music under both old fence, which i am delighted to still be associated with, and from whatever new endeavour Johnny decides upon and the memories of some great times together with more to come! vive la fence.
Agreed. The initial announcement caused a lot of confusion and a bit of panic I think, but at the end of the day I'm happy as long as Fence continues on in spirit and deed.  ;D

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #56 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 20:00 PM »

My boy isn't reading this but I can tell you right now he agrees with your sentiment wholeheartedly.

baldpar

« Reply #57 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 20:05 PM »

My boy isn't reading this but I can tell you right now he agrees with your sentiment wholeheartedly.

I like them. Why do they offend others ?

Uncle Ellwyn

« Reply #58 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 20:19 PM »
Well said Corrie.

Hugs all around!

Unc, I hope you remember what a 'bosie' means, cos you're getting a big fat one from me right now!

:) ;D :-*

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #59 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 20:47 PM »

I like them. Why do they offend others ?

I don't mind them, but D is allergic to twee...