Author Topic: Songs in the Key of Fife  (Read 14524 times)

AETC

Songs in the Key of Fife
« on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 12:12 PM »
Songs in the Key of Fife

The Intertwining Stories of the Beta Band, King Creosote, KT Tunstall, James Yorkston and the Fence Collective
Vic Galloway

Available at your local book shop.

czefski

Re: Songs in the Key of Fife
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 12:22 PM »
Onto page 90, thoroughly enjoying it.

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 14:09 PM »
Looking forward to purchasing my copy at the Cambo event.
I think it ends 'Long Live Fence'  :)

baldpar

« Reply #3 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 21:38 PM »
Going to the Edinburgh book festival event on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. Bought the book last week but not started it yet.

czefski

« Reply #4 on: Fri, Aug 16, 2013, 21:49 PM »
Going to the Edinburgh book festival event on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. Bought the book last week but not started it yet.

What's on this Tuesday Baldpar, I may be at a loose end Tuesday night? Hoping to get to the Spiegeltent on the 25th though

baldpar

« Reply #5 on: Sat, Aug 17, 2013, 12:13 PM »

What's on this Tuesday Baldpar, I may be at a loose end Tuesday night? Hoping to get to the Spiegeltent on the 25th though

Tuesday night at 8:30 Vic is talking about the book. Not sure if there are still tickets available. Might be worth checking the book festival website. Tickets are a tenner.

GWC

« Reply #6 on: Sun, Aug 18, 2013, 18:02 PM »
Finally got my copy after ordering it months ago on a certain river based site.
I look forward to reading it. :)

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #7 on: Mon, Aug 19, 2013, 10:24 AM »

Tuesday night at 8:30 Vic is talking about the book. Not sure if there are still tickets available. Might be worth checking the book festival website. Tickets are a tenner.

See you there... and on Sunday as soon as Neil Gaiman's talk is done :D  I started the book this weekend and I'm really enjoying it so far, well done Vic!

baldpar

« Reply #8 on: Wed, Aug 21, 2013, 08:49 AM »
Top night with Vic last night. Some very funny anecdotes. An hour was nowhere near long enough. I got the feeling he could've talked all night. He took time to chat to people at the book signing as well. He told me that KC and JY will be appearing with him at the Jura Unbound event on Sunday night.

Kimmers

« Reply #9 on: Wed, Aug 21, 2013, 09:25 AM »
Top night with Vic last night. Some very funny anecdotes. An hour was nowhere near long enough. I got the feeling he could've talked all night. He took time to chat to people at the book signing as well. He told me that KC and JY will be appearing with him at the Jura Unbound event on Sunday night.
Sounds great.  8)
Looking forward to this event done in September at the Cambo Estate.  :)
I'm going to the Jura Unbound event as well.  ;D

czefski

« Reply #10 on: Wed, Aug 21, 2013, 09:30 AM »
We're coming down on Sunday too, we should wear name badges or carnations in our buttonhole (no euphemism).

Kimmers

« Reply #11 on: Wed, Aug 21, 2013, 09:40 AM »
We're coming down on Sunday too, we should wear name badges or carnations in our buttonhole (no euphemism).
Not a bad idea! Though I won't be looking like this:

;D ;D ;D

Scotpaulabear

« Reply #12 on: Wed, Aug 21, 2013, 09:54 AM »
I will be the half-cut bird trying to sneak in late after Neil Gaiman's talk  :o

Baldpar, how did I miss you again??  ::)  I got talking to Rosti (who got a hug from Vic during the talk cos he owned a Deaf Mutes album  ;D ).  I was too shy to start shouting your boardname in the room and hoped you'd notice the loud midget, sorry  :-[

baldpar

« Reply #13 on: Wed, Aug 21, 2013, 19:05 PM »
I will be the half-cut bird trying to sneak in late after Neil Gaiman's talk  :o

Baldpar, how did I miss you again??  ::)  I got talking to Rosti (who got a hug from Vic during the talk cos he owned a Deaf Mutes album  ;D ).  I was too shy to start shouting your boardname in the room and hoped you'd notice the loud midget, sorry  :-[

I was keeping an eye out for you. Obviously missed you  :(
Will try again on Sunday. I'll be the bald man with glasses, probably wearing a denim jacket.

thebot

« Reply #14 on: Wed, Aug 21, 2013, 19:11 PM »
What's the craic with the Jura Unbound thing?  Is it really JY and KC and whisky on a bank holiday Sunday for free???  That seems a bit easy and too good to be true, Shirley?