Author Topic: Gummi Bako: Acoustic But Plugged!  (Read 9973 times)

fuctifano

Re: Gummi Bako: Acoustic But Plugged!
« Reply #15 on: Fri, Jun 28, 2013, 22:18 PM »
2 things on this.

1) We went to visit my wee nephew (who is 2) this weekend, and at one point he announced he 'had a smelly bum bum' - I really had to bite myself back from asking if he was Bob Agnews.  He's at that age that if I had asked such a question it would have been getting repeated none stop since.  I did encourage him to pick his nose later on though, so swings and roundabouts.

2) Vic's brother finds this CD hilarious.  Normally that is not that significant a statement, but Carl has an unfortunate genetic condition where he doesn't have a sense of humour and can't understand most humour.  But he was laughing his head off at this, and with no-one else in the room either (we were in an adjacent room when this happened).  GENUINE MEDICAL BREAKTHROUGH.  This EP might be the most important key to understanding human evolution.

;D

geebee

« Reply #16 on: Tue, Jul 09, 2013, 22:55 PM »
Paul only 'got' the album title when we bought the CD at the Hebden Bridge gig and he saw the cover :)

I'm not sure I "get" you. Is there something I'm missing? ;)

We went to visit my wee nephew (who is 2) this weekend, and at one point he announced he 'had a smelly bum bum' - I really had to bite myself back from asking if he was Bob Agnews.  He's at that age that if I had asked such a question it would have been getting repeated none stop since.  I did encourage him to pick his nose later on though, so swings and roundabouts.

I considered singing a paraphrased version of it to my nephews last week but thought better of it. However my youngest nephew did enjoy an ad-libbed smelly poo song and made several requests for it. He's got such a sweet, "naughty" face, it's hard to say no to another rowsing chorus.

Vic's brother finds this CD hilarious.  Normally that is not that significant a statement, but Carl has an unfortunate genetic condition where he doesn't have a sense of humour and can't understand most humour.  But he was laughing his head off at this, and with no-one else in the room either (we were in an adjacent room when this happened).  GENUINE MEDICAL BREAKTHROUGH.  This EP might be the most important key to understanding human evolution.

I'm so pleased to have helped the poor fella out. The OBE is no doubt on it's way! ;D

arab

« Reply #17 on: Wed, Sep 04, 2013, 20:54 PM »
I got an email from a Robert Agnew yesterday !  It made my day.  Not looking forward to meeting him but still makes me smile every time I see his name.

thebot

« Reply #18 on: Wed, Sep 04, 2013, 20:59 PM »
I got an email from a Robert Agnew yesterday !  It made my day.  Not looking forward to meeting him but still makes me smile every time I see his name.

I couldn't handle it.  Good luck!

coilsandco

« Reply #19 on: Wed, Sep 04, 2013, 21:05 PM »
If anybody on here is the parent/uncle/aunt/grandparent/godparent of a small boy I can heartily recommend this release.  My 3 year old son has spent much of the past week pulling his pants down and wiggling his bum whilst loudly singing along to 'Old Bob Agnews'.  I estimate I have heard this song about a hundred times since the end of last week.  And I'm still not sick of it!  Good work GB.  :o

thebot

« Reply #20 on: Wed, Sep 04, 2013, 22:20 PM »
If anybody on here is the parent/uncle/aunt/grandparent/godparent of a small boy I can heartily recommend this release.  My 3 year old son has spent much of the past week pulling his pants down and wiggling his bum whilst loudly singing along to 'Old Bob Agnews'.  I estimate I have heard this song about a hundred times since the end of last week.  And I'm still not sick of it!  Good work GB.  :o

That's good parenting in action.  RIGHT THERE.

coilsandco

« Reply #21 on: Thu, Sep 05, 2013, 06:53 AM »
 ;D

He's also a fan of 'Your Wicked Ways' which he calls "the slow and the fast one".  Whilst some of the lyrical content on this release may not be entirely suitable for children, I figure he's probably too young to really understand the more, er 'saucy' lyrics.  Although I do fear for the future of a child whose first musical obsession is Gummi Bako...

:o

kwaing

« Reply #22 on: Thu, Sep 12, 2013, 22:33 PM »
beth was part raised by Gummi's wegie "Babyman", she's turned out just fine  ;D

Kimmers

« Reply #23 on: Tue, Sep 24, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Love this one.  :)
Old Bob Agnews is particularly amusing to Nathan and me.
The back story is that we have our cat, Squirrel, who was a rescue off the streets of Baltimore. He was quite sickly as a kitten, and we were always cleaning up after his "smelly bum."
Over the years, every melody we encounter, we sing our lyrics of Squirrel's stinky bum (often rhyming with fluffy tum). So we were cackling on our drive from Crail Sunday morning upon hearing Old Bob Agnews.
Hairy, scary, stinky bum....yep, that's Squirrel.  ;D

Rusticbob

« Reply #24 on: Thu, Sep 26, 2013, 13:12 PM »
Dear Gummi Bako,

Please can you help settle a family argument.  When listening to the song "Old Bob Agnews", I am convinced that the name "Bob Agnews" has been chosen because it sounds a little bit like "Bawbag News".  Indeed, when someone requested the song at the recent Bunfight, I was convinced at first that that was what they were shouting for.  My wife, on the other hand, believes that this is just a happy coincidence. 

I hope you can help settle this matter.

Yours, etc.

Rusticbob

geebee

« Reply #25 on: Mon, Oct 07, 2013, 15:58 PM »
I couldn't handle it.  Good luck!

Heheh, good old Bob. Do pass on my warmest regards!

That's good parenting in action.  RIGHT THERE.

;D ;D ;D That wasn't the intended type of audience interaction but I'm glad it's kept you all amused. I'm just slightly concerned I may have set the bar too high with that one.

;D

He's also a fan of 'Your Wicked Ways' which he calls "the slow and the fast one".  Whilst some of the lyrical content on this release may not be entirely suitable for children, I figure he's probably too young to really understand the more, er 'saucy' lyrics.  Although I do fear for the future of a child whose first musical obsession is Gummi Bako...

:o

That's nice to hear, thank you for letting me know. Yeah it's a bit of a mixed bag with an uneven distribution of sauce. I've thought about doing a kids collection for a while now. It'd be nice to have something I could play to my folks  ;)

I'm sure he'll be just fine  ::)

Love this one.  :)
Old Bob Agnews is particularly amusing to Nathan and me.
The back story is that we have our cat, Squirrel, who was a rescue off the streets of Baltimore. He was quite sickly as a kitten, and we were always cleaning up after his "smelly bum."
Over the years, every melody we encounter, we sing our lyrics of Squirrel's stinky bum (often rhyming with fluffy tum). So we were cackling on our drive from Crail Sunday morning upon hearing Old Bob Agnews.
Hairy, scary, stinky bum....yep, that's Squirrel.  ;D

The song was pretty much intended to be something that folks could stick their own naughty lyrics and friend's names in - especially after a pint or two. I'm glad you've made it your own  :D

Dear Gummi Bako,

Please can you help settle a family argument.  When listening to the song "Old Bob Agnews", I am convinced that the name "Bob Agnews" has been chosen because it sounds a little bit like "Bawbag News".  Indeed, when someone requested the song at the recent Bunfight, I was convinced at first that that was what they were shouting for.  My wife, on the other hand, believes that this is just a happy coincidence. 

I hope you can help settle this matter.

Yours, etc.

Rusticbob

Hi Rusticbob, many thanks for your enquiry. I would suggest to your wife that some happy coincidences are actually meant to be. Hopefully your marriage is full of them.

Lots of love, geebee x