Author Topic: Burns Night  (Read 2374 times)

kwaing

Burns Night
« on: Wed, Jan 13, 2016, 23:25 PM »
kc and Captain Geeko are providing the evening entertainment for a Burns Night celebration at the East Neuk Hotel in Crail on Saturday January 23rd.

Coinneach MacAndrais might've been a more appropriate booking ... we'll see  ;)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Re: Burns Night
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Jan 14, 2016, 18:34 PM »
kc and Captain Geeko are providing the evening entertainment for a Burns Night celebration at the East Neuk Hotel in Crail on Saturday January 23rd.

Coinneach MacAndrais might've been a more appropriate booking ... we'll see  ;)

Looking forward his reappearance in his tartan trews

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #2 on: Tue, Jan 19, 2016, 11:36 AM »
Looking forward his reappearance in his tartan trews

I shall endeavour not to disappoint :-)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #3 on: Sun, Jan 24, 2016, 15:10 PM »
Great night in the East Neuk hotel, great food and fun had by all. Kenny and Andy in tartan trews gave us plenty of Burns songs and old Scottish favourites, lovely to hear him sing the Four Mary's and ae fond kiss in particular. Struggling with the cold and having to drink hot toddies, Kenny sang his heart out, it was a magical experience as he said himself he had always resisted singing those types of songs, so it was really special to hear his take on them, look forward to a CD of them in the future he certainly could give Eddie Reader a run for her money.  😊😊😊😊

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #4 on: Sun, Jan 24, 2016, 15:38 PM »
God is punishing me again.  Having booked an up-and-coming young musical combo and engaged the services of a top-notch and many-starred kitchen impresario, I found myself on my back with the rotten flu which came at me out of nowhere, and therefore had to miss the Not-Burns-Night goings-on.  I wonder if it was because I called czefski an auld fud?  Or was it because I tooted my horn at the old fella on the mobility scooter whom I couldnt get past at Cellardyke?  Mysteries.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #5 on: Sun, Jan 24, 2016, 16:02 PM »
God is punishing me again.  Having booked an up-and-coming young musical combo and engaged the services of a top-notch and many-starred kitchen impresario, I found myself on my back with the rotten flu which came at me out of nowhere, and therefore had to miss the Not-Burns-Night goings-on.  I wonder if it was because I called czefski an auld fud?  Or was it because I tooted my horn at the old fella on the mobility scooter whom I couldnt get past at Cellardyke?  Mysteries.

Start drinking the hot toddies too!  Wondered where you were last night, hope you are feeling better soon. 

Jackie

« Reply #6 on: Sun, Jan 24, 2016, 16:20 PM »
Get well soon x
Your new chef did you proud and KC and Andy of course.

johnmac

« Reply #7 on: Tue, Jan 26, 2016, 08:21 AM »
Another great night of music, fun and food-thanks to KC, Geeko and all at the East Neuk hotel.
And the Burns and the traditional songs were a real treat- lovely versions.
The KC sons were no' bad either!