Author Topic: Triassic Tusk label launch on the 4th of June at the Dreel Halls in Anstruther  (Read 8863 times)

Leckers

am i right in thinking the
live music is just in the
afternoon and the djs are
at night? and is there a
break around tea time for
fish and chips? cheers.

stephen

It'll all blend into one really, although we'll get most of the live music in the afternoon and most of the djs in the evening. I mean there's too much stuff to fit in either bit. And i'm trying to make facebook work. Should have a website ready too. No actual records, but we could play previews of some of the singles if it's the kind of thing folk are interested in.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Is there a bar or is it BYOB

stephen

There's a bar.

Captainfourhorns

stephen

I am excited. I got up at 6. I'll be asleep before it starts.

Captainfourhorns

Gathering the idiots# together as I type

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Thanks for organising this event Stephen and informing us of the not so iminant release of anything on the label lol!  For those who attended we were treated to some excellent sets and laughs throughout the day.  Stand outs for me were the two Dans who were in top form.  Jo was great although she had a bit of a bad hair day what a difference that smurf hat made, look forward to the competed songs.  Lomond / Ziggy needs to have his words somewhere for him to see maybe he could have a power point presentation to help him out and Dan Lyth I am sure would utilise that particular piece of equipment.  Unfortunately we had to nip out when River of slime was on as we had to try and check into our digs had we known that it wasn't going to start on time we might not have needed to do this.   DJs and Mike the poet where first class, all in all it was a highly enjoyable afternoon and evening topped off by fireworks in the harbour.  For those who weren't there, you missed a good one. 

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Forgot to say thanks to AIA the bar was well stocked and the addition of the steak and haggis pies a revolution!

fuctifano

white hot sweaty funky fun  ;)

Thanks everybody.  :-*

lynneh1

Great day/night, thanks all

funky_nomad

white hot sweaty funky fun  ;)
You wish...

stephen

Thanks everyone. Sorry it started a bit late, i know now to take payment in advance for these type of things.

Thanks to everyone that came and made the atmosphere excellent

Thanks to Dan, Dan, Jo, Lomond, Ziggy and Slime for excellent live playing.

Thanks to Sean, Davie and Divine for excellent record playing.

Thanks to Alan and the AIA crew for looking after us.

Thanks to Fisher and Donaldson for inventing the steak and haggis pie.

Next hop will be in Glasgow, when we'll launch an actual record. Keep an eye on www.triassictusk.com or on facebook or on here for news i suppose. August hopefully.

Also, congratulations to whoever won the Comfort In Rum 45, i was a bit too tired by that point.

fuctifano

some further thoughts on the tusk hop...

obviously it was a great night. love the records, love the bands, love the crazy dancing. I think the 'format' of these nights are perfect.

I was annoyed I missed all the folks playing in the afternoon but withered hand and river of sublime were excellent. I did hear jo foster singing along with withered hand - just to herself really not part of the set but it was beautiful. Did someone mention a song they had recorded together? Maybe a double a side. either way its going to be amazing. Actually the merch desk was very interesting - maybe the first time I'd seen 2 jo foster eps on sale anywhere - loads of other interesting stuff - rare found records, all sorts.

Sean Doolz played a blinder as did the Divine chap. loads of great great records that nailed the dancefloor and kept everyone on their toes. Stephen was also hitting all the right spots - the last maybe 10 records were immense. What a climax - (uh huh)

More folk should go to these things really. Superb fun. whens the next one? ;D