Author Topic: World Tour of Cellardyke & Anstruther June 16th - 19th 2016  (Read 7568 times)

thebot

Re: World Tour of Cellardyke & Anstruther June 16th - 19th 2016
« Reply #15 on: Thu, May 26, 2016, 19:28 PM »

Friday 19th looks like it'll be a truly unique event.

Hope to see a few of you Hubbers in attendance and right up at the front 8)

Is that Friday 19th immediately following Friday 17th?  Or was it meant to be Sunday 19th immediately following Sunday the 17th?

You've forgotten to take into account the 0th of March this year.

kwaing

« Reply #16 on: Fri, May 27, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Both and yet neither, but the Sunday 19th follows all Fridays for weeks to come!

DiBa

« Reply #17 on: Wed, Jun 01, 2016, 10:07 AM »
The Haven on Thursday, grub and a gig

lynneh1

« Reply #18 on: Mon, Jun 06, 2016, 14:16 PM »
As part of the Ship Tavern's "Celebrity Bar Staff" season, June 18th will be a fundraiser for Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (I work with them). Just drop off any small change you have into the collecting tins if you wish to donate, thanks

fuctifano

« Reply #19 on: Fri, Jun 10, 2016, 00:25 AM »
was thinking I might not get to any of this so I might just do a wee flying visit on the Saturday. don't tell anyone  ;)

baldpar

« Reply #20 on: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 08:04 AM »
Anybody been to any of the shows?  How were they?  I'm looking forward to the Ship gig tonight.

Jackie

« Reply #21 on: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 09:15 AM »
Gig in the garden last night was excellent if a little chilly.
Loved They Flock Like Jupiter which I hadn't heard live before and gorgeous ending with Circle My Demise and The Racket They Made.

Looking forward to tonight now.

baldpar

« Reply #22 on: Sun, Jun 19, 2016, 01:24 AM »
Wow oh wow.  Just home from the Ship Tavern gig.  Bloody brilliant   :) Fabulous songs all night long.  Had the pleasure of meeting Toucann for the first time. There was also a lady there who was taking photos on an old style film camera.  I'd be interested in seeing how they turn out if  anybody knows her.  My ears are ringing from the musical delights  :)

Toucann

« Reply #23 on: Sun, Jun 19, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Pleasure to meet you too baldpar! Can I assume that inner crail to outer space was your favourite tune last night?   8) a fab set indeed.

baldpar

« Reply #24 on: Sun, Jun 19, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Pleasure to meet you too baldpar! Can I assume that inner crail to outer space was your favourite tune last night?   8) a fab set indeed.
So many great songs last night but I think you might be right.  Those going to the Boathouse today are in for a treat. 

Jackie

« Reply #25 on: Sun, Jun 19, 2016, 10:14 AM »
It was an outstanding Fence night :)
I think the lady with the camera was Karen Vaughan - possibly on here as klv. I will tell her you are interested.

czefski

« Reply #26 on: Sun, Jun 19, 2016, 11:40 AM »
Wow oh wow.  Just home from the Ship Tavern gig.  Bloody brilliant   :) Fabulous songs all night long.  Had the pleasure of meeting Toucann for the first time. There was also a lady there who was taking photos on an old style film camera.  I'd be interested in seeing how they turn out if  anybody knows her.  My ears are ringing from the musical delights  :)

That was no lady, that was renowned photographer, artist and contributor to this forum, klv.

My time at the WToCaA is at an end but what a great 3 nights it was.

Firstly, Pip Dylan's square-neck slide guitar blues was brilliant all three nights. First time I've seen him playing the blues, loved it.

Short wave radio set with guitar rather than keyboard on the first night. Some rarely played gems, Church as Witness and some not heard for a while, At the W.A.L, along with classics like Circle My Demise and a Taylor Swift cover, previously covered by Gummi. A fab night and home in Edzell by midnight, a nice consideration for a school night.

2nd night at the Thomson's stunning garden for the British Heart Foundation Fund-Raiser, in memory of their son Adam. Pip on top form again followed by another fantastically mixed KC set which even had some of the hardcore fans trying to remember which album certain tracks were from. They Flock Like...Psycho Girlfriend and Dead Mouse Diary were all stand-outs.

Last night was another great night at the Ship, some of my all-time favourite KC gigs have been in the back room there. As well as Pip we had the ever-charming Hamish Hawk to entertain us before KC and Geeko played some songs of the Aikman's vintage before being joined by On the Fly and Uncle Beesly for a raucous hits set which got us on our feet, ending with a great pogo to the Happy Song.

Great to see so many well kent faces and meet a few new friends over the 3 nights. Thanks as always to KC, Geeko, Beesly, OTF, Pip & Hamish. Also to Linda and Craig (?), for letting us into their garden on Friday night.

I'll post a link to the photos I took for those that are interested later on in the week.

Corrie, unfortunately the swelling has gone down!!!

czefski

« Reply #27 on: Sun, Jun 19, 2016, 13:17 PM »
https://flic.kr/s/aHskywK3fs

Photos from Thursday night.

Jackie

« Reply #28 on: Mon, Jun 20, 2016, 10:05 AM »
After a pretty miserable 2 weeks spirits have been totally uplifted by a fabulous Fence World Tour, ending yesterday with a rousing sing a long to Cod Liver Oil And The Orange Juice  ;D
Thanks everyone. xx

stephen

« Reply #29 on: Mon, Jun 20, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Bet this was amazing. I'm selling my children if anyone wants a pair of gigplanruiners.