Author Topic: a newish album  (Read 6983 times)

stephen

a newish album
« on: Fri, Aug 23, 2013, 00:27 AM »
That album that was recorded last year - Experimental Batch #26. We'll get it released in time for Aberfeldy Festival. It's really good, i think most of the folk on here will enjoy it. We'll announce some festival stuff soon too. Joel Stones from Tropicalia in Furs is going to come over and dj though, which is nice.

Jackie

Re: a newish album
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Aug 23, 2013, 07:17 AM »
Very much looking forward to the Aberfeldy Festival this year :)
Might avoid the whisky cocktails this time (if there are any available) but Paul is intending to treat himself to a bottle of malt.  We might even try and squeeze in a trip to the distillary if there is time.

arab

« Reply #2 on: Fri, Aug 23, 2013, 11:37 AM »
That album that was recorded last year - Experimental Batch #26. We'll get it released in time for Aberfeldy Festival. It's really good, i think most of the folk on here will enjoy it. We'll announce some festival stuff soon too. Joel Stones from Tropicalia in Furs is going to come over and dj though, which is nice.

Whats this album?  Different to the vinyl thing?  The vinyl thing is brilliant.

michi_p

« Reply #3 on: Fri, Aug 23, 2013, 11:47 AM »
if it's the album that was available at gnomegame everyone should get it. it's lovely.

just saw that aberfeldy is on on the sunday night as well now...that's great, obviously, but i am not quite sure i will manage to squeeze a third day in.
sometimes not having a car is a serious problem (nor being able to drive): i have a flight to catch from edinburgh on the monday. lunchtime-ish.

maybe now's the time to ask for a lift...?

coilsandco

« Reply #4 on: Sat, Aug 24, 2013, 02:14 AM »
What is this record?  Or is it considered impolite to ask?

Is it possible for someone who wasn't at Gnomegame and won't be at Aberfeldy to get a copy?

:-X

czefski

« Reply #5 on: Sat, Aug 24, 2013, 08:48 AM »
Coilsandco, it's called Experimental Batch No. 26, an album which I think was recorded on or around the time of Aberfeldy Festival last year. The track listing is:
Side 1
Future Wives - KC & Lomond Campbell
Never Sorry - Slow Club
Piya - Suhail Yusuf Khan & KC
Honey on Thigh - James Yorkston
Nothing - The Pictish Trail
Side 2
Future Divorces - KC & Lomond Campbell
Feathers are Falling - JY
The Lengths - Lomond Campbell
Earth in Fewer Words - Suhail Yusuf Khan
Doncaster Dome - Slow Club

It's only on vinyl and it's fudging brilliant. If you send me your address I'll get you a copy if it's on sale at Bunfight.

coilsandco

« Reply #6 on: Sat, Aug 24, 2013, 19:30 PM »
Coilsandco, it's called Experimental Batch No. 26, an album which I think was recorded on or around the time of Aberfeldy Festival last year. The track listing is:
Side 1
Future Wives - KC & Lomond Campbell
Never Sorry - Slow Club
Piya - Suhail Yusuf Khan & KC
Honey on Thigh - James Yorkston
Nothing - The Pictish Trail
Side 2
Future Divorces - KC & Lomond Campbell
Feathers are Falling - JY
The Lengths - Lomond Campbell
Earth in Fewer Words - Suhail Yusuf Khan
Doncaster Dome - Slow Club

It's only on vinyl and it's fudging brilliant. If you send me your address I'll get you a copy if it's on sale at Bunfight.

That looks like a fucking brilliant record alright.  That's a very kind offer too!  Thank you very much, I'll be in touch.

8)

baldpar

« Reply #7 on: Mon, Aug 26, 2013, 21:14 PM »
Sounds good. Hope to be at the Aberfeldy festival so will pick up a copy then.

Monks

« Reply #8 on: Tue, Aug 27, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Is this the same that was available through the kc tour? Our place is being renovated so record player and all vinyl has had to be put away and i never had a chance to listen to this before I was instructed  to clear up my stuff.  Will this be available via the good people who govern this website? Please make it so!

arab

« Reply #9 on: Tue, Aug 27, 2013, 13:48 PM »
have i said this is possibly one of my favourite fense related releases ever?  and the cover is bloody lovely too.

JoJ

« Reply #10 on: Tue, Aug 27, 2013, 13:54 PM »
Where do I sign up for this?

stephen

« Reply #11 on: Tue, Aug 27, 2013, 15:07 PM »
Right, Gummi has helpfully reminded me. Going to send some to the Bunfight, i reckon they'll probably be available on this very website.

michi_p

« Reply #12 on: Tue, Aug 27, 2013, 16:43 PM »
i never really checked but did this come with a download, or was it vinyl only?

e.r

« Reply #13 on: Tue, Sep 03, 2013, 13:09 PM »
really hope that they will sell it here online. just received the beautiful "sure and steadfast". can not reccomend this enough and hope womeone will release it on vinyl sooner or later.

Rusticbob

« Reply #14 on: Thu, Sep 05, 2013, 16:15 PM »
This was available at the bunfight, on CD and vinyl, along with a bonus CD of Ziggy from Found covering a Pictish song.  Beautiful album, with some amazing indian instrumentation and vocals on it.  I think it might be one of my favourites too.   And "Feathers are Falling" looks like the closest we're going to get to a Three Craws song for a while...definitely buy it if you get the chance