Author Topic: 2 days  (Read 1656 times)

stephen

2 days
« on: Wed, Jun 15, 2016, 15:58 PM »
Haven't been outside for two days.

Jackie

Re: 2 days
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Jun 15, 2016, 16:38 PM »
You haven't missed anything - went to St Andrews this morning and the fog (sorry Haar) was replaced by torrential rain.

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: Wed, Jun 15, 2016, 16:40 PM »
haar sounds more romantic than fog but it isn't.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #3 on: Wed, Jun 15, 2016, 22:51 PM »
Yeah I havenít been out for 2 days either.  I donít think Iíll bother again.  I was just back from 5 days in Venice, beautiful things every time you turn a corner, and now this.  Itís so unfair, if anywhere should be disappearing beneath the waves, itís Glasgow. Or maybe Birmingham. Or any other shitty British city.

Toucann

« Reply #4 on: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 10:14 AM »
Gosh what a cheery bunch :-)

stephen

« Reply #5 on: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 10:53 AM »
haar sounds more romantic than fog but it isn't.

THIS.

i'm on my third day, and since on Monday i only took the bairn for a stroll to the water for an hour i might be on a record for indoor time in a week. Summer shouldn't be like this.

Jackie

« Reply #6 on: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 11:01 AM »
yeah it could be worse it could be blowing a gale :) :)
A couple of weeks ago when temperatures reached the dizzy heights of 15 degrees one of our neighbours complained to me that it was too hot "we aren't used to it here" he said!!!

DiBa

« Reply #7 on: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 11:29 AM »
Good character forming weather. All that flesh & lotion ends leads headlong into barbeques, Buckfast and a psuedo genial dereliction of duty. Nowt wrong with a bit of cold sea fog, rain and wind. Hunter wellies have to be sported all year round you know, due to the recommended retail price, thus any extra opportunities to display them should be welcomed, not bemoaned or scoffed at!

Toucann

« Reply #8 on: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 11:33 AM »
A couple of weeks ago when temperatures reached the dizzy heights of 15 degrees one of our neighbours complained to me that it was too hot "we aren't used to it here" he said!!!

what havers...it has been known to reach 17 degrees in the east neuk on at least two occasions ::)

ayjayemm

« Reply #9 on: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 00:35 AM »
It's been beautiful on Mull since the beginning of May. Swimming in rivers sunbathing long walks to remote cafes, barbecues, all that kinda thing. Soz ;D

ayjayemm

« Reply #10 on: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 00:37 AM »
It's been beautiful on Mull since the beginning of May. Swimming in rivers sunbathing long walks to remote cafes, barbecues, all that kinda thing. Soz ;D

The midge have been pure hellish, though... :-\

Jackie

« Reply #11 on: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Hope all well with you guys on sunny Mull. Loved it there.

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #12 on: Mon, Jun 20, 2016, 15:52 PM »
Was over a fortnight ago, two years exactly since the World Tour, it was scorchio  8)

Got roasted alive by day on the Mull Sportive, then the midge feasted on my burnt carcass back at the camspite in the evening.  Time had eroded my memory of the climbs around the North-West of the island ... won't make that mistake again.  :'(