Author Topic: FOUND - TERRA NOVA album launch this Friday at Summerhall in Edinburgh at 18.30  (Read 1664 times)

stephen

Free entry and free whisky in a cynical attempt to get anyone remotely interested to come along

and it finishes at 20.30 so you can go to the pub and talk about property prices with other people from Edinburgh.

Here's what i just copied from Mono Rail's site.

FOUND follow up 2015’s futuristic album ‘Cloning’ with a look back at the past in ‘Terra Nova’.

Dr William Clark Souter travelled to Antarctica in 1903 on board the Terra Nova ship bound to rescue Captain Scott’s RRS Discovery from ice. Souter was a junior doctor based at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary who was also a keen photographer and was allowed to document the expedition. FOUND were recently commissioned by Grampian Hospital Arts Trust to create a response to Dr Souter’s photographs that are housed within the University of Aberdeen Special Collections. The project culminated in the exhibition ‘TERRA NOVA’ at The Suttie Arts Space in ARI, from December 2015 to February 2016 and the production of this record.

On ‘Terra Nova’ the sound of FOUND is wreathed in a fog of analogue synthesizers where once it buzzed with brittle guitars.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
We are hoping to go the whisky sealed the deal

thebot

Well my baby's due on Friday but I'm sure Vic won't mind if I sneak along to this.

(I won't be coming to this).

stephen

Well my baby's due on Friday but I'm sure Vic won't mind if I sneak along to this.

They're never on the due date, just 'stay late at work'.

thebot

They're never on the due date, just 'stay late at work'.

'Traffic is awful love, and I think there's been a whisky spillage'

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Got another two going Gavin and John Mac so you won't be on your own.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Pity you didn't make it Stephen but I did extra big yeahs to make up for you not being there.  It was a really great event you missed though.