Author Topic: The Winter of Dis Concert  (Read 3738 times)

klv

Re: The Winter of Dis Concert
« Reply #30 on: Fri, Jan 13, 2017, 00:53 AM »
A fine heartwarming 'warm up' gig tonight at Bogbain.
Gutted that there were no pipes  :'(  but we were well compensated with beautiful songs and much onstage entertainment....

...looking forward to The Barbican - the pipes will sound amazing in there  ;)

baldpar

« Reply #31 on: Fri, Jan 13, 2017, 07:31 AM »
Gutted that there were no pipes  :'(  but we were well compensated with beautiful songs and much onstage entertainment....

Sounds great.  I'm looking forward to tonight's show in Birnam.

Dubster

« Reply #32 on: Fri, Jan 13, 2017, 10:48 AM »

pint? ;D ;

klv

« Reply #33 on: Fri, Jan 13, 2017, 20:53 PM »

pint? ;D ;

Yes please!  :)

baldpar

« Reply #34 on: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 00:40 AM »
Great set in Birnam tonight.  Majority of the songs from Astronaut album.  A real treat to hear Mairearad Green playing the pipes and the squeezebox. Star of Hope was superb.  Lovely songs from Sorren and Hannah to kick the evening off.

Cameleon

« Reply #35 on: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Must have been great to hear Mairearad too.  We were treated to a guest appearance from Kenny when she did a gig with Anna Massie at Crail Folk Club.  Would love to hear more of her and Kenny working together.

czefski

« Reply #36 on: Sun, Jan 15, 2017, 14:03 PM »
Much as I enjoyed Dunkeld last night's gig took things up a notch or two.  Band on top form, Kenny's voice as good as ever. The sound guy did a great job, Hannah's fiddle was spot on in both sets.

If you get the chance to go to a gig which features Mairearad you have to do it. I can't put into words the feeling when the pipes kick in, it's an intense physical reaction, blows you away, maybe like opera buffs say hearing a soprano sounds like, the tingle that runs through your body.

An added bonus last night was meeting up with Lolsmit and his lovely wife, first time I've seen him since the World Tour of Mull.

Barbican here we come.

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #37 on: Mon, Jan 16, 2017, 15:12 PM »
Much as I enjoyed Dunkeld last night's gig took things up a notch or two.  Band on top form, Kenny's voice as good as ever. The sound guy did a great job, Hannah's fiddle was spot on in both sets.

If you get the chance to go to a gig which features Mairearad you have to do it. I can't put into words the feeling when the pipes kick in, it's an intense physical reaction, blows you away, maybe like opera buffs say hearing a soprano sounds like, the tingle that runs through your body.

An added bonus last night was meeting up with Lolsmit and his lovely wife, first time I've seen him since the World Tour of Mull.

Barbican here we come.

Cheers, Czefski, and thank you very much for dropping us at the hotel after our taxi failed to show, especially as the rain was fairly persistent by then!  Really good catching up with you both.

Agree totally with your summary of the gig, the pipes certainly struck a chord with the audience.  The sound was such on the record that I thought it might be tricky to nail live but, no, it was bang on.

WTM was mid-2014  :o  where does the time go?!  Good to see Offramp too, probably been even longer, and bumped into a few mountaineering buddies from Echt and Tarland as well that we didn't know would be there.

All the best when it comes, the Barbican ought to be a special way to celebrate.

Roddy

« Reply #38 on: Tue, Jan 17, 2017, 19:45 PM »
Great in Manchester last night with the band in make up done I was told by Hannah. I will see if I can get the kids to post a picture or two assuming that is allowable?  Merch table had a full compliment of recent CDs records and Hamilton. Liked the hiding rather than leaving the stage for the encore.

gavinb

« Reply #39 on: Thu, Jan 19, 2017, 10:12 AM »
Hi folks, I've a spare ticket for the Barbican show if anyone needs one? Unfortunately one of my friends has had to drop out. Face value etc... drop me a line  :)