Author Topic: 50  (Read 9750 times)

Marion

Re: 50
« Reply #105 on: Mon, May 15, 2017, 19:20 PM »
Really enjoyed my mini Summer Isles Tour courtesy of KC/MG. A weekend of firsts... 1. Double Accordion 2. Boat trip to gig 3. Gig in Post Office 4. Midnight Mexican standoff with mahoosive deer & her friend 5. A stay at a Scottish (Bates) Motel where no-one can hear you scream (having the name Marion did not help with the very uneasy shower experience) Great fun & amazing music (as always) so thanks to KC/MG  :) Any chance Tanera could be an annual thing??  8)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #106 on: Tue, May 16, 2017, 00:04 AM »
Sorry to hear about the deer, knew it would happen to someone on the road up there, bit scary when you are on your own in the car.   It will give you some practice for when your back up there in a fortnight mind you the sheep will be the culprits next time I bet you but st least someone else will be there to help!

Marion

« Reply #107 on: Tue, May 16, 2017, 20:51 PM »
Hey I was in her 'hood so she had every right to stare me down! A bit of flashing & tooting did the trick  :) Next time I'll have someone else to do some shoo-ing too. I was still on a bagpipe high, so wasn't too worried  :D

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #108 on: Fri, May 19, 2017, 19:50 PM »
Concert 10 - covers of Skuobhie Dubh Orchestra songs slowed down, so no rock covers after all,  but great night made special when John Mac presented KC with a callendar of accordion babes he brought back from New Orleans lol!

Jackie

« Reply #109 on: Fri, May 19, 2017, 19:58 PM »
Yeah I loved the SDO songs and with Your Own Spell and Bubble too it was a pretty good night. Thanks KC 😃

czefski

« Reply #110 on: Mon, Jun 05, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Great gig yesterday afternoon, with a change from the normal Sunday format of 6 songs from  3 albums, the song counter wasn't on display at all.

We had 3 each from Wednesday, Disclaimer & That Might Be It Darling, then in the 2nd half we had an airing of Glass D'Erpeace, which was stunning. Finished off by Saffy Nool and Curtain Craft. The accordion riff in Saffy Nool had been my weekend earworm so I was particularly delighted to hear it in all its glory.

Another great gig, just 39 left to go!!

Jackie

« Reply #111 on: Mon, Jun 05, 2017, 14:25 PM »
I loved yesterday afternoon - Czefski is spot on about Glass D'Erpeace - stunning beautiful stuff.

klv

« Reply #112 on: Mon, Jun 05, 2017, 17:53 PM »
No. 11. My lucky number!!
Lovely tunes and chat. Perfect end to my birthday weekend.
Big thanks to KC, Des and Captain Geeko for fab performances - the birthday party revellers all loved it! And thanks ENH for all the lovely grub  :)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #113 on: Mon, Jun 05, 2017, 19:18 PM »
Echo all the previous comments and loved KC telling more great stories, one about the pint in the back of Jens trousers and then about his brothers hedgehog chasing in the early hours, he had us all in fits of laughter.

Dubster

« Reply #114 on: Sat, Jun 10, 2017, 20:13 PM »
I am a bit out of the loop on these as I'm not local and page 1 of this thread only goes up to No.12. As luck would have it myself and Mr Dubster are heading to St. andrews on Sunday 2nd July. Any chance there will be an East Neuk Hotel gig that day???

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #115 on: Sun, Jun 11, 2017, 22:12 PM »
It's in my diary for that date, first Sunday and third Thursday usually

Jackie

« Reply #116 on: Tue, Jun 13, 2017, 04:56 AM »
It's in my diary for that date, first Sunday and third Thursday usually
Yeah it should be that Sunday but don't think KC confirmed as yet.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #117 on: Thu, Jun 15, 2017, 23:40 PM »
Concert 12 country and western covers tonight Kenny with his eyes that felt like sheep balls gave us plenty to sing along to also had Lomond doing a great Elvis impersonation although Kenny did have the better hair. Another great gig.

FilthySwan

« Reply #118 on: Sun, Jul 02, 2017, 11:54 AM »
I'm just about to jump into the car and head over for today with kid in tow. He's banking on The Long Fade or Dial C For Cradle being played. Don't break his wee heart  :P

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #119 on: Mon, Jul 03, 2017, 09:51 AM »
Concert 13 on a sunny day in Crail enjoyed by a select few with KC, Des and Geko as usual we had songs from two albums. It was interesting to learn it was a text from Jen that inspired one of the songs off They flock like Vulcans, as girls used to appear looking for a younger KC and would be disappointed he wasn't what they expected, the stories were great and we had a fab time with plenty of sex on the beach (KC new drink of choice)  and a wee dance to finish. Where else can you get such good entertainment for a 10?  Two sets of 9 songs although we did have a few extras added on and he made some up too!  Thanks to all for a great afternoon and good to see Dubster who was not feeling very well there.  KC on home turf up close and personal, not to be missed!