Author Topic: 50  (Read 9958 times)

baldpar

Re: 50
« Reply #135 on: Mon, Aug 07, 2017, 12:48 PM »
Sorry but Kenny has changed his date for September 3rd as he is doing sound check in South Queensferry for bridge opening next morning Lynn. Both dates in September have been changed from the usual first Sunday and third Thursday.
So when will September ones be ?? I am in St.Andrews from 7th to 11th so could make one maybe!!!???

Page 1 of this thread has dates right through to November.

Dubster

« Reply #136 on: Mon, Aug 07, 2017, 14:10 PM »
Thank you! I could have sworn last time I looked it didnt go that far ahead!

funky_nomad

« Reply #137 on: Tue, Aug 08, 2017, 14:46 PM »
Kenny has changed his date for September 3rd as he is doing sound check in South Queensferry for bridge opening next morning Lynn.
Given I'll be able to watch that from the comfort of my front room, he better be doing requests...  ;)

Cameleon

« Reply #138 on: Wed, Aug 09, 2017, 14:24 PM »
See you there on the 10th Dubster

Deadyankee

« Reply #139 on: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 08:53 AM »
Have managed to find another opportunity to head up from sunny South Wales so should almost certainly be there for the 14th September :)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #140 on: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 23:38 PM »
Just watching a programme all about Glen Campbell such a sad loss.  Hope Kenny does a couple of his covers again in his memory as that American Country covers night was one of the best.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #141 on: Thu, Aug 24, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Just watching a programme all about Glen Campbell such a sad loss.  Hope Kenny does a couple of his covers again in his memory as that American Country covers night was one of the best.

If you do of course that will mean that birthday boy Ian and I will be singing along, roll on 16!

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #142 on: Fri, Aug 25, 2017, 08:57 AM »
There wasn't a mention of Glen however, we were treated to songs from The Burns Unit and Bound of the Red Deer first half, then some 80s covers which had us all singing along.  Kenny was on his man drinks with a freshly shaven head which has confused his daughter and he has to wear a hat when she is about as she gets a bit scared of him.  We all sang happy birthday to Ian at half time and cake was distributed in the hot and sweaty ENH, well done Kenny, Andy and Des for another great night of entertainment.

Cameleon

« Reply #143 on: Sun, Sep 10, 2017, 20:15 PM »
Wonderful q gig.  Thanks Kenny and Andy.  Good to see old friends again too.  So sorry you two had to miss it Lavinia but you were with us in thought and Kenny resplendent in red wig singing to your photgraph was brilliant.  Still haven't managed to successfully transfer photos on hub but PM me so you can both see for yourself.

Cameleon

« Reply #144 on: Fri, Sep 15, 2017, 09:19 AM »
Number 18 and we were transported to the ENH stadium and covers of Coldplay, Roxy Music and Tears for Fears.  Any doubts about the choice of material were instantly dismissed and the first set had everyone smiling.  Nothing could have prepared us for the very special guest act for part two as Cleo, Andrea and Desdemona swished up to the limelight.  Queen Cleosite and The Kwaingettes dressed to the nines with an arm waving set of female covers and culminating in Nothing Compares to U.

Absolute Magic.

Marion

« Reply #145 on: Fri, Sep 15, 2017, 10:34 AM »
Thanks for the brilliant White Foxes cover Kenny. I don't know how you did it, but you did it. And in a pink wig.  8)

czefski

« Reply #146 on: Fri, Sep 15, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Thanks for the brilliant White Foxes cover Kenny. I don't know how you did it, but you did it. And in a pink wig.  8)

I vowed when I got home I'd buy the Michelle Shocked song that you played, only to get home and find that I already owned it. Will check out some Laura Gibson though. Great night, although you should have dispensed with the wig for the Sinead covers.

Marion

« Reply #147 on: Fri, Sep 15, 2017, 10:56 AM »
I reckon Sinead would approve of the pink wig. Des rocked as a redhead. Andy's late great Demis Roussos kaftan homage also a highlight

Deadyankee

« Reply #148 on: Mon, Sep 18, 2017, 19:30 PM »
Had a blast on Thursday night, couldn't have enjoyed it more but that might be the Eden gin talking. I'll try and post some photos of the gorgeous girls that played after Kenny's set when I dig the camera out of my bag. Actually got to see a bit of Crail and Cellardyke on this trip and finally visited the Fisheries Museum. It's like a pilgrimage to Graceland but with more crab sandwiches.

Deadyankee

« Reply #149 on: Sat, Sep 23, 2017, 11:44 AM »
I seem incapable up uploading a photo but let’s try again
If it fails then this link has a couple of shots of the ‘indie divas’ set - saucy stuff