Author Topic: 50  (Read 25263 times)

Roddy

Re: 50
« Reply #180 on: Tue, Jan 09, 2018, 18:44 PM »
Put us out of our misery which cd was it please?

Roddy

« Reply #181 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 15:25 PM »
Hi All
Looking into making the trip from Manchester to Crail for the 31 1 and the finale on 1 Feb.
I see the 31 1 is free . Is 1 Feb pay  on the door as I couldn't see you could book on the trading post?
Roddy

LynneL

« Reply #182 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 16:46 PM »
The East Neuk Hotel had a post on Facebook saying you could phone to reserve a ticket for the last night.

DRussell

« Reply #183 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 18:12 PM »

Space for #50 booked up. Just need to get night off work now. Nae bor

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #184 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 19:04 PM »
Put us out of our misery which cd was it please?

John's ABC

Roddy

« Reply #185 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 19:15 PM »
Thanks LynneL and Lavinia
Hope to see you all on 31 and 1 Feb

baldpar

« Reply #186 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 19:41 PM »
Hi All
Looking into making the trip from Manchester to Crail for the 31 1 and the finale on 1 Feb.
I see the 31 1 is free . Is 1 Feb pay  on the door as I couldn't see you could book on the trading post?
Roddy

The gig on 1/2 will cost 1000 pence on the night (see 1st page of this thread). Just phone the hotel and get your name on the list.

Roddy

« Reply #187 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 20:39 PM »
Thanks Baldpar, rang and got my name down.

baldpar

« Reply #188 on: Wed, Jan 10, 2018, 22:42 PM »
Thanks Baldpar, rang and got my name down.

No problem. I phoned earlier and got my name too.

Andra

« Reply #189 on: Wed, Jan 17, 2018, 18:15 PM »
CAN anyone tell me what gig Kenny is playing this Friday 19th in Glasgow?

Iíve bought tickets for royal concert hall as thatís whatís advertised on Celtic connections

But Iíve had an alert on my Bandsintown app that heís playing 02 ABC with this is kit

Cheers not a weegie

Andy Love

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #190 on: Wed, Jan 17, 2018, 18:26 PM »
KC is playing at concert hall this Friday as part of Celtic connections

johnmac

« Reply #191 on: Sat, Jan 20, 2018, 11:11 AM »
KC was a guest last night at the Catriona Mackay and Chris Stout show at Celtic Connections. They were backed by the Scottish String Ensemble.Wonderful world class musicians.

Kenny sang Goodbye Belle, Just You and I, Circle my Demise, Bluebell Cockleshell and Rules of Engagement.
His singing, and the acoustics, were perfect. Right now, I doubt if there could be a more beautiful sound than Kenny's voice surrounded by all those strings on Circle. "I surrender" indeed- judging by the reaction, I think everyone in the audience did when he sang that.

Roll on Burns Night -body percussion from Andy maybe?

LynneL

« Reply #192 on: Sat, Jan 20, 2018, 15:31 PM »
KC was a guest last night at the Catriona Mackay and Chris Stout show at Celtic Connections. They were backed by the Scottish String Ensemble.Wonderful world class musicians.

Kenny sang Goodbye Belle, Just You and I, Circle my Demise, Bluebell Cockleshell and Rules of Engagement.
His singing, and the acoustics, were perfect. Right now, I doubt if there could be a more beautiful sound than Kenny's voice surrounded by all those strings on Circle. "I surrender" indeed- judging by the reaction, I think everyone in the audience did when he sang that.

Roll on Burns Night -body percussion from Andy maybe?

I'm so disappointed to have missed this. Had tickets and couldn't go as wasn't well. Circle my Demise and Rules of Engagement are up there with my absolute favourites as well. :'( Did the audience love it? 

petrinx

« Reply #193 on: Sat, Jan 20, 2018, 19:33 PM »
Last night was a treat indeed. Marcelo Preto's accompaniment on Bluebell/Cockleshell was fab.

czefski

« Reply #194 on: Sat, Jan 20, 2018, 23:27 PM »
Circle My Demise has been ruined for me now, it can never sound as good as it did last night, utterly gorgeous. Similarly Just You and I soared with the string accompaniment, Catrionaís harp on Rules Of Engagement was beautiful and Marceloís Brazilian Bluebell Cockleshell an unexpected treat. Kennyís voice sounded incredible, well rested after his December efforts.

The squeezebox playing of Mairtin OíConnor was something to behold as well. All in all a tremendous night.