Author Topic: 50  (Read 15168 times)

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
Re: 50
« Reply #75 on: Fri, Apr 14, 2017, 21:58 PM »
Great night last night.  All those great Scottish songs - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a 91 year old auld fud.  No dancing though, not a square inch of available space - although that doesn't normally  hold back those usual suspects ;)

Have a rerr time at the deuks.

boogaloo

« Reply #76 on: Fri, Apr 14, 2017, 22:22 PM »
The song about the little dug went down like a house on fire with my 11 year old daughter. Was quite disconcerting this morning to hear her in the shower this morning singing, loudly 'Ahh wash ma wully ah powder mah wully" happily to herself.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #77 on: Sun, Apr 16, 2017, 20:48 PM »
Kenny should bring out an album of the Scottish songs  - Kenneth Anderson Scottish favourites - bet it would be a massive hit! 

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #78 on: Thu, Apr 20, 2017, 23:20 PM »
Number 7 was just great, American bluegrass covers, finished off with Come on Eileen which we all sang along to. Andys new sound proofing worked a treat on the Windows. Met a few new folk which was nice too! Roll on Number 8!

Cameleon

« Reply #79 on: Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 09:51 AM »
A Right Royal Roofdust!

Thanks KC.  An absolute treat for everyone there!

Dubster

« Reply #80 on: Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 14:21 PM »
I'm really not enjoying this thread :(.  Will have to schedule my next visit to Fife to coincide with one of these evening ..

FilthySwan

« Reply #81 on: Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 14:51 PM »

Brace yourselves. I'm planning on being there on May 7th with a child in tow.

Cameleon

« Reply #82 on: Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 16:09 PM »
Must Dash!

Deadyankee

« Reply #83 on: Mon, Apr 24, 2017, 21:42 PM »
I'm driving from Mallaig to Cardiff on the 7th.  A detour via Crail may just about be possible, if ill advised, but does anyone have an idea of likely timings at the hotel?

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #84 on: Mon, Apr 24, 2017, 23:40 PM »
Well, it's starting at 3 o'clock.     Lavinia?  You'll know.

By the way, in case it hasn't been noted, KC is doing a Tuesday gig at the neuk hotel - fundraiser for injured sojers.  One of the regulars' son was killed in action in, I think, Afghanistan.  He managed to sweet-talk, or browbeat KC into playing.  So music, prizes and merriment with a core of melancholy.  Chilli to be served to stave off that North Wind.  Come along do!

Dubster

« Reply #85 on: Tue, Apr 25, 2017, 09:15 AM »
Well, it's starting at 3 o'clock.     Lavinia?  You'll know.

By the way, in case it hasn't been noted, KC is doing a Tuesday gig at the neuk hotel - fundraiser for injured sojers.  One of the regulars' son was killed in action in, I think, Afghanistan.  He managed to sweet-talk, or browbeat KC into playing.  So music, prizes and merriment with a core of melancholy.  Chilli to be served to stave off that North Wind.  Come along do!
Oh my, pack your tissues folks - I'll eat my hat if he doesnt play another of my favourites, 'Unaware of the Grip'. There wont be a dry eye in the house. What a lovely thing to do for the family, wish I could make this one.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #86 on: Tue, Apr 25, 2017, 13:33 PM »
I'm driving from Mallaig to Cardiff on the 7th.  A detour via Crail may just about be possible, if ill advised, but does anyone have an idea of likely timings at the hotel?

Yes it starts at 3pm but get there by 2.30 for good seat.

Deadyankee

« Reply #87 on: Tue, Apr 25, 2017, 20:09 PM »

Thanks. Any ideas on when it's likely to finish? That's my main concern as I'll still have a bit of a drive to Cardiff

boogaloo

« Reply #88 on: Tue, Apr 25, 2017, 21:56 PM »
On the off chance you see this Kenny sorry for the 'request and run' on Melyn Wynt. My wife would have killed me if I kept the children up any later than I did :)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #89 on: Wed, Apr 26, 2017, 20:59 PM »

Thanks. Any ideas on when it's likely to finish? That's my main concern as I'll still have a bit of a drive to Cardiff

Usually finishes around 5pm as he does around 9 songs each set 😊