Author Topic: 50  (Read 7149 times)

FilthySwan

Re: 50
« Reply #120 on: Mon, Jul 03, 2017, 11:11 AM »

Great wee day. Great set, chuffed child getting a song he knew played. Chuffed me hearing songs from my favourite KC album played. Whilst watching chords and trying to memorise them. Home Creatures is getting murdered in a Falkirk pub some time soon. Been up the loft today Digging out KC albums cos I cannae work the iTunes these days and things keep disappearing. Vulcans on repeat today. Also did the usual searching houses for sale in the Neuk thing you always do post visit. Thanks for a good day.

FilthySwan

« Reply #121 on: Thu, Jul 06, 2017, 21:27 PM »
Only took 5 days but I finally got asked what the C word was today.  8)

czefski

« Reply #122 on: Fri, Jul 14, 2017, 11:02 AM »
Gig 14 in a hot and sweaty ENH last night. A packed bar were held in equal parts enjoyment and bemusement by the Alice Through the Phillip Glass 'pretentious'. 'avant garde' first half. I rather enjoyed it, some dreamy melodies with the kitchen sink drama backing  had shades of Public Service Broadcasting. Add into it KC's high-brow freestyling and you had yourself an intriguing 45 minutes.

Set two was a greatest hits set, Month of Firsts, Third Swan, Camels, Not One Bit Ashamed, Bubble et al. Any night where you are in a pub listening to those tunes is guaranteed to be a better night than 99.99% of those who aren't there are having.

"Phil Menzies is daft, daft enough to maybe throw you out of the team" Bella Bella.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #123 on: Fri, Jul 14, 2017, 12:01 PM »
Great night with Kenny and Des and lots of equipment for the first half which was very funny to watch folks faces as Kenny put on a posh voice and told stories singing about his day. I was a bit worried when he told us he took his 3 year old on the Walzer and he really had to keep a tight grip of her!  Equally hilarious was when he finished his set and opened his eyes and said - oh your all still here! Some folk did go as it obviously it wasn't what they were expecting to hear.

Second half was back to some of his greatest hits and considering it was free entry, what great night although you still get folk wanting to blab and Kenny made that worse in first half by having backing tape of folk talking.  Forgot to ask Kenny what was written on his hand at Tynemouth have to wait till number 15 to ask that hopefully I will remember to do that.

kwaing

« Reply #124 on: Sat, Jul 15, 2017, 17:43 PM »

1. 3 year old on the Walzer?

Safe as milk - the outgoing dad was carrying a younger, albeit bigger, child. We've been on again, proper spinning this time, and I've felt queasy for the past 20 hours so we're giving it a miss tonight. I hope that's not the RSPCC van parked along there ...

2. backing tape of folk talking?

Alice Through The Looking Glass, as essential to our pretentious set as Philip Glass.

3. what was written on his hand at Tynemouth?

The chorus lyrics for Surface. Only Hannah remembers them in the right order (I should've known to write them on the inside of my forearm) the joke being that a'b'dy with the vision of a hawk was more than welcome to sing along.

czefski

« Reply #125 on: Sat, Jul 15, 2017, 18:23 PM »

1. 3 year old on the Walzer?

Safe as milk - the outgoing dad was carrying a younger, albeit bigger, child. We've been on again, proper spinning this time, and I've felt queasy for the past 20 hours so we're giving it a miss tonight. I hope that's not the RSPCC van parked along there ...

2. backing tape of folk talking?

Alice Through The Looking Glass, as essential to our pretentious set as Philip Glass.

3. what was written on his hand at Tynemouth?

The chorus lyrics for Surface. Only Hannah remembers them in the right order (I should've known to write them on the inside of my forearm) the joke being that a'b'dy with the vision of a hawk was more than welcome to sing along.

When we were in Florida, touring the theme parks, I could go on any and every roller-coaster, but felt sick for days having had to go on the spinning tea-cup things that are meant for small kids. A turn on the Waltzers would have me lying in a darkened room for a number of days.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #126 on: Sun, Jul 16, 2017, 12:04 PM »
I was never good on the Walzer and always hated the rib tickler indeed having a wee queasy turn just now thinking about it.