Author Topic: Drinking anything that isn't below average right now?  (Read 1911 times)

Cameleon

Re: Drinking anything that isn't below average right now?
« Reply #15 on: Mon, Feb 20, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Can't beat an offer like that.Trouble is that "craft" is adding up to a quid to the price of a pint just to be trendy.  How much does an Adnams or equivalent cost in your neck Cawseetiger?

cawseetiger

« Reply #16 on: Tue, Feb 21, 2017, 15:13 PM »
Can't beat an offer like that.Trouble is that "craft" is adding up to a quid to the price of a pint just to be trendy.  How much does an Adnams or equivalent cost in your neck Cawseetiger?

I stopped drinking Adnams when I found out they had supported a local hunt...the Bullards brew was 3.60 a pint in my local, which is country pub...nice place but not a typical boozer so to speak. I've always said 'craft' or 'artisan' is another word for fucking expensive! I think locally it's anything from 3.60 up to 4.50 in the city.

Cameleon

« Reply #17 on: Tue, Feb 21, 2017, 17:44 PM »
Didn't know about their position about the country alliance.  They're no friends of mine so I'll avoid if I have a choice. The micro breweries were creating some lovely brews but the remarketing is just an excuse to push the profits up and it's not even gravity specific.  Now the bigger boys are cashing in too!

Shame

Cameleon

« Reply #18 on: Tue, Feb 21, 2017, 19:16 PM »
I forgot to mention the artisan gins that are appearing everywhere too...I need a drink to calm down!

Cameleon

« Reply #19 on: Thu, May 25, 2017, 17:55 PM »
Galashiels.  Tempest brewery's Brave New World 7% IPA !

Deegers

« Reply #20 on: Thu, May 25, 2017, 18:13 PM »
I am having a penchant for Denmark beers, TOOL and MIKKELAR.

I have been called both, deservedly I guess.

Cameleon

« Reply #21 on: Fri, May 26, 2017, 18:29 PM »
Impressive. Was the Mikkeller from the single hop series?  They are doing some fascinating research at the moment.  Were you there for the beer week?  Lucky you.
Today I'm on Williams Brothers Iconic.  I used to be a Fuggles and Northen Brewer man but these American hops are incredible.  Tempest are using them too.

ayjayemm

« Reply #22 on: Fri, May 26, 2017, 18:45 PM »
Had a pint of Theakston's Barista Stout the other week. One of the best I've ever had.

Also, The Ship in Anster had a lovely french cask ale on last October (!) Cannot for the life of me remember what it was called, but it was most good. Have also recently enjoyed a pint of Loch Fyne Jarl and West Brewery St. Mungo at variouspubs here on Mull. Am now very thirsty.....
 :P

Deegers

« Reply #23 on: Fri, May 26, 2017, 20:42 PM »
Impressive. Was the Mikkeller from the single hop series?  They are doing some fascinating research at the moment.  Were you there for the beer week?  Lucky you.
Today I'm on Williams Brothers Iconic.  I used to be a Fuggles and Northen Brewer man but these American hops are incredible.  Tempest are using them too.
I am heading out to Copenhagen on Tuesday, can't wait!

fuctifano

« Reply #24 on: Mon, May 29, 2017, 00:31 AM »
I am heading out to Copenhagen on Tuesday, can't wait!

lovely city but they know how to charge for beer. and everything else. one of the highlights from my visit was talking to a girl from Mozambique who knew a girl that I might know from Duns. I didn't think I knew anyone from Duns but she seemed certain it was the same person. maybe theres someone in Mozambique from Copenhagen who knows me. lets hope so
Theres more than one good record shop in Copenhagen and no record shops in Duns. Fact.

kwaing

« Reply #25 on: Mon, May 29, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Pip Dylan and I played in Christiania in 2004 for bed and board. Alas they mixed the two up for at tea time they served us a mouldy slice of thatched roof with a straw bale on the side. Fair 'flushed' with the success at getting rid of our meals, we went on to play for very few, for it was all hands on plungers (these places always attract sex people) when it was discovered that two mains had blocked the drains.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #26 on: Mon, May 29, 2017, 23:20 PM »
Cleaned you out in more ways than one then!

johnmac

« Reply #27 on: Tue, May 30, 2017, 00:01 AM »
Presumably it was a sit down acoustic show?  Or maybe electric? Or did you end up falling between two stools?

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #28 on: Tue, May 30, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Presumably it was a sit down acoustic show?  Or maybe electric? Or did you end up falling between two stools?

Very good 😂😂😂😂😂😂

kwaing

« Reply #29 on: Tue, May 30, 2017, 13:55 PM »

Is that all the 'shanks' I get for in-cistern on keeping y'all up to date with my anecdotes?