Author Topic: Psalm Clerk  (Read 1775 times)

andydjx

Psalm Clerk
« on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 04:37 AM »
Hello folks

I'm looking for a copy of Psalm Clerk, digital or physical. Am I in the right place?

Thank you

h1e2l3l4o

Re: Psalm Clerk
« Reply #1 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 08:34 AM »
I'm a bit of a newbie to all this as well. It can be a frustrating (but rewarding I hasten to add!) experience being a KC fan! You may hear news on how to get these albums from time to time in these posts, but there's a lot of waiting!
Reading through some of the older posts it seems that on very rare occasions, his back catalogue has been made available to order; something I'm very very keen to see happen myself!!
You can send a self addressed and stamped A5 sized envelope to KC who will very kindly send you a copy of the latest magazine. I've only received one so far and it was more than a little cryptic to read and understand (but a fun nonetheless!). The address you need is ...

King Creosote, c/o Fence Records, PO Box 14261, Anstruther, Fife, KY10 3YF

Alternatively there is a copy for sale on discogs.com for an eye watering 76; It's a quality album for sure but if you can hold out for a while, the album will almost certainly go on sale for significantly cheaper at some point in the future...

ravedamage

« Reply #2 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 10:57 AM »
One of the more recent newsletters had an a5 sheet with prices and catalogue numbers on it...17 each or thereabouts, if memory serves...I think if you directly message AETC, you can enquire as to the availability (and cost) of a copy of Psalm Clerk, as well as other back catalogue items...or this post might get deleted by The Janny, if this is no longer the case...

kwaing

« Reply #3 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Right now I have all of 1 copies of a CD-R version of psalm clerk. 1st to PM aetc will find out how much it costs once postage stamp is applied.

AETC

« Reply #4 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 12:55 PM »
And in quantities of the same and slightly higher:-

fnc01/02/03/04/05/06/07/08/09/10

fnc13/14/15

fnc24/28/33

odds n sods, on behalf of my wife & I, chorlton and the wh'earlies, strawberry beers and such.

frustrating? only if you don't have a chequebook, or a visit to the East Neuk Hotel, Crail, in mind - kc/kwaing is playing a couple of gigs per month 1st Sundays, 3rd Thursdays (ish).

h1e2l3l4o

« Reply #5 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 13:10 PM »
Thanks for responding!
How do I get hold of some of the albums you've listed? I'd very much love to get hold of almost all of them (I have a few already!) - seeing as I'm not a millionaire (...yet...), I'd be immensely interested in getting say the first 5 (FN01 - FNC05) with the hope of buying the rest later when funds allow.

Mozzalini

« Reply #6 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 17:16 PM »

fnc13/14/15

fnc24/28/33

odds n sods, on behalf of my wife & I, chorlton and the wh'earlies, strawberry beers and such.

Would be VERY keen on fnc 4-10, 13-15, and wh'earlies especially. VERY keen indeed.
frustrating? only if you don't have a chequebook, or a visit to the East Neuk Hotel, Crail, in mind - kc/kwaing is playing a couple of gigs per month 1st Sundays, 3rd Thursdays (ish).

Mozzalini

« Reply #7 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 17:19 PM »
Ballsed up last post!

Would be very keen on fnc 4-10, 13-15 and especially wh'earlies. VERY keen indeed.

Dubster

« Reply #8 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 19:40 PM »
I have Psalm Clerk. It's the first CD KC persuaded me to buy at my very first gig (World Tour of Fife Gig No.1).  I shan't be selling it.

arab

« Reply #9 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 20:53 PM »
Now was it the first 23 copies of this where you had to send in your version of artwork which was then collated by kc then you received back a random artwork version?   I think.

arab

« Reply #10 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 20:55 PM »
There is a song on psalm clerk which is guaranteed to rebreak a broken heart. Every time. Sweet masochistic pleasure.

Leckers

« Reply #11 on: Sat, Feb 18, 2017, 21:41 PM »
i think december might
be the month for psalm
clerk.

andydjx

« Reply #12 on: Sun, Feb 19, 2017, 03:11 AM »

fnc13/14/15

fnc24/28/33

I would love to hear KC play in Crail, but I live in Boston, USA!

What are the numbers you posted above?

andydjx

« Reply #13 on: Sun, Feb 19, 2017, 03:13 AM »
I have Psalm Clerk. It's the first CD KC persuaded me to buy at my very first gig (World Tour of Fife Gig No.1).  I shan't be selling it.

Would you make a copy? Or is that against the rules? I'll send some money to KC and you, I'm just trying to hear this music!

kwaing

« Reply #14 on: Sun, Feb 19, 2017, 11:23 AM »
I seem to have opened a small sluice gate there ... and naturally everybody wants the titles i had single copies of lying about.

From the stock list above please PM aetc with your wish list by the end of Wednesday Feb 22nd - once we have the numbers, artwork printed, CDRs assembled we'll let y'all know prices, postage etc.

Selling out of the UK involves card payments online and a ridiculous overly complicated matrix of postal rates, customs duties, blah, so alas we've had to abandon our plans to go global for now, sorry.

We've also been keeping a list of those using our efforts to make a quick and healthy profit thru' eBay, nothing illegal in that, but with cheque payments only we know who's who and can provide these rarities to collectors and genuine fans of the label.

In the next issue of the 'zine we'll have news of Yellow On Red and Quintessential Indian, think that's all, cheers!