Author Topic: kc's "sabbatical" goes on tour  (Read 3196 times)

AETC

kc's "sabbatical" goes on tour
« on: Wed, Mar 01, 2017, 11:52 AM »
To Ullapool and beyond ... kc joins forces with Mairearad Green in the hope that some of her accordion skills rub off on him.

Friday May 12th in the Ceilidh Place Clubhouse, Ullapool
Saturday May 13th on Tanera
Sunday May 14th Kylesku Hotel.

Ticket details here:-

The Ceilidh Place https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/king-creosote-with-mairearad-green-tickets-32695004639?utm_term=eventurl_text

Tanera https://www.eventbrite.com/e/king-creosote-with-mairearad-green-tickets-32695243353
Boat travel links in here:- http://www.mairearadgreen.co.uk/gigs/

Kylesku Hotel https://www.eventbrite.com/e/king-creosote-with-mairearad-green-tickets-32695372740

www.eventbrite.co.uk

Singer/songwriter king creosote and folk musician Mairearad Green first collaborated on Mairearad's 'Summer Isles' album released in 2016.  Mairearad has since guested on the latest King Creosote release 'astronaut meets appleman' and toured the album in the UK last January premiering an exciting bagpipe addition to the band. The pair will be doing some writing together before a small Highland tour and there had better be some exclusive new songs  ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, Mar 25, 2017, 14:47 PM by AETC »

czefski

Re: kc's "sabbatical" goes on tour
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Mar 01, 2017, 17:19 PM »
Tanera appears to be uninhabited, how the fudge do you play a gig there? Accommodation could be a challenge.

Rosti

« Reply #2 on: Thu, Mar 02, 2017, 11:46 AM »
Tanera appears to be uninhabited, how the fudge do you play a gig there? Accommodation could be a challenge.

"The island, which is currently up for sale, is inhabited by just two people and lies around a mile off the coast.
It has no roads but has nine houses, a pier and anchorage, a café and a post office."

I'm guessing it'll be an intimate gig in the cafe.

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #3 on: Thu, Mar 02, 2017, 13:37 PM »

"The island, which is currently up for sale, is inhabited by just two people and lies around a mile off the coast.
It has no roads but has nine houses, a pier and anchorage, a café and a post office."

I'm guessing it'll be an intimate gig in the cafe.
I have kayaks, probably only one that's capable of that trip but, it's a two-seater so, if more than one wants to share I'll swim alongside ... sorted  8)
(Disclaimer to follow)

AETC

« Reply #4 on: Thu, Mar 02, 2017, 15:37 PM »
Let's all walk across when the tide's out!

Cameleon

« Reply #5 on: Thu, Mar 02, 2017, 15:58 PM »
Or do a Dynamo and walk on the water when the tides in!

michi_p

« Reply #6 on: Sun, Mar 05, 2017, 13:14 PM »
those fond memories of the world tour of mull thrown into the mix with the area between ullapool and lochinver being my favourite part of scotland makes this a must...

just how..?

kwaing

« Reply #7 on: Mon, Apr 03, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Not many spaces left for these shows folks, dither not  :)

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #8 on: Mon, May 15, 2017, 10:23 AM »
What a brilliant way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  You know something's afoot when driving through the remote village of Altandhu on a Saturday morning and Czefski's walking his dog along the road towards you!  We'd meet again a few hours later on Tanera Mor, having made different boat trips to get there.  Good weather, great music in amazing surroundings, what's not to like?!  Would've liked to have gone to last night's gig at Kylesku but had to get back down the road at a reasonable time for a flight this morning.

Hope we can do this again sometime.

czefski

« Reply #9 on: Mon, May 15, 2017, 22:48 PM »
An outstanding weekend away. Beautiful scenery, good friends, great music. Saturday's gig on Tamera is up there with the very best, everything about it, the journey, the setting, the music, the company, was first class. I really hope this becomes an annual event, a one day festival on Tanera would be amazing.

Great to catch up with Lolsmit, whilst I was wondering if I had time for a bacon and sausage sandwich before catching the boat, he was off to walk up a hill and back before the boat set sail. Whattaguy.

Thanks to KC, Mairearad and Mairearad's family for organising.

czefski

« Reply #10 on: Thu, May 18, 2017, 10:35 AM »
For those interested, here's my photos of the Tanera Mor gig, including the journey to and from, you never know, if there's another one next year it may inspire you to come.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141219576@N08/sets/72157681148942382/

Dubster

« Reply #11 on: Fri, May 19, 2017, 19:44 PM »
I cant believe me and Mr Dubster were just across The Minch from you lot on Tanera.  Our cottage was on The Point, near Stornoway and we literally looked out of our living room window straight across the water to where you were.   Somehow the whole Tanera thing passed me by.  If it DOES happen again, we will endeavour to come  ;D

Cameleon

« Reply #12 on: Fri, May 19, 2017, 20:05 PM »
Stunning photos Czefski, particularly those pan shots as the weather changed.  I'm green with envy but it's good to see The World Wide Hub was represented so perfectly.  A bit like a new mini away game.

baldpar

« Reply #13 on: Fri, May 19, 2017, 20:18 PM »
For those interested, here's my photos of the Tanera Mor gig, including the journey to and from, you never know, if there's another one next year it may inspire you to come.

Those photos are great. I particularly like the accordion one.

Jackie

« Reply #14 on: Sun, May 21, 2017, 00:48 AM »

I'm inspired😃