Author Topic: Duplicate KC albums?  (Read 1427 times)

whiskeypriest

Duplicate KC albums?
« on: Sat, Jul 22, 2017, 20:50 PM »
I have been working tirelessly to find any Kenny related albums I can.  I don't want to pay ebay or Discogs, as I'd rather Kenny get the money.  If anyone on the Hub has duplicates they'd be willing to sell, I will buy them and will also send Kenny the cost for each one. That is how much I want to hear them.  I am checking Monorail at least 20 times a day.  I looked to see if this was addressed in a prior thread, and I could not find that it was.  I am also interested in any duplicate zines you might have. Thank you for helping a KC fan in the States!

Dubster

Re: Duplicate KC albums?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, Jul 23, 2017, 19:44 PM »
I have only one duplicate and its the latest one - Astronaut meets Appleman.  I should think you already have this...

NichoBI

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Jul 24, 2017, 11:50 AM »
I think I've still got a CD of Rocket DIY from before I got it on vinyl if you'd want that. I think that's usually cheap as chips online though.

whiskeypriest

« Reply #3 on: Mon, Jul 24, 2017, 20:05 PM »
I have only one duplicate and its the latest one - Astronaut meets Appleman.  I should think you already have this...
I think I've still got a CD of Rocket DIY from before I got it on vinyl if you'd want that. I think that's usually cheap as chips online though.

Thank you, Dubster & NichoBI, I do have both of those.  Here is a list of what I have:

Vinyl - Astronaut Meets Appleman, They Flock Like Vulcans 7", and The Lengths 7".

CD - Flick the Vs, Thrawn, The Bound of the Red Deer, Greetings From Hamilton, Canada, Kenny & Beth's Musakal Boat Rides, Diamond Mine, Rocket D.I.Y., KC Rules OK, That Might Well Be It, Darling, Bombshell.

Digital - They Flock Like Vulcans, Honest Words, Bootprints, Vintage Quays, Red on Green, Psalm Clerk, From Scotland With Love, Cold Seeds, Love + Hate = Hate, Disclaimer.

I'd like to have physical copies of all the digital titles.  And I'd love to buy any titles I do not have listed above.

I'd also appreciate the Fence Paypal address, so that I can send Kenny $ for some of the digital titles I have found or have been given. 

Die Sehnsucht

« Reply #4 on: Tue, Jul 25, 2017, 00:06 AM »
Same here... Checking Monorail every now and then, hoping ‘3 On This Island’ and some other stuff will magically reappear. As a matter of principle, I refuse to pay 70 quid to Discogs or ebay bloodsuckers.

NichoBI

• My Website
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Jul 25, 2017, 00:16 AM »
I'm in a pretty similar situation myself really, though KC will sometimes take orders and make new batches of old CDs. Hopefully he'll do another soon, I missed out on the last one :(

Deadyankee

« Reply #6 on: Tue, Jul 25, 2017, 21:48 PM »
Same here... Checking Monorail every now and then, hoping ‘3 On This Island’ and some other stuff will magically reappear. As a matter of principle, I refuse to pay 70 quid to Discogs or ebay bloodsuckers.

I have '3 on this island', I just don't have a turntable  :-\

Die Sehnsucht

« Reply #7 on: Tue, Jul 25, 2017, 23:55 PM »

Anything I can do to twist your arm into selling it...? Kidding, I’m sure you wouldn’t want to part with it. But you really should get a turntable and enjoy it!
And if you ever decide to sell it on, well, I’m all ears...

baldpar

« Reply #8 on: Wed, Jul 26, 2017, 07:38 AM »

Thank you, Dubster & NichoBI, I do have both of those.  Here is a list of what I have:

Vinyl - Astronaut Meets Appleman, They Flock Like Vulcans 7", and The Lengths 7".

CD - Flick the Vs, Thrawn, The Bound of the Red Deer, Greetings From Hamilton, Canada, Kenny & Beth's Musakal Boat Rides, Diamond Mine, Rocket D.I.Y., KC Rules OK, That Might Well Be It, Darling, Bombshell.

Digital - They Flock Like Vulcans, Honest Words, Bootprints, Vintage Quays, Red on Green, Psalm Clerk, From Scotland With Love, Cold Seeds, Love + Hate = Hate, Disclaimer.

I'd like to have physical copies of all the digital titles.  And I'd love to buy any titles I do not have listed above.

I'd also appreciate the Fence Paypal address, so that I can send Kenny $ for some of the digital titles I have found or have been given.

You have a lot of great albums there. It has taken me about 15 years to build up my collection. I'm lucky that I live in Fife and can get to see a lot of KC's gigs and buy albums at the shows. Sell up and move to the East Neuk  :)

MirrorMan

« Reply #9 on: Wed, Jul 26, 2017, 16:18 PM »

I had that trouble having dispensed with my deck years ago, but I paid to have that, "Loose Tea on His Wynd" and "That Might Be It, Darling" professionally transferred to CDR.

They sound great!

whiskeypriest

« Reply #10 on: Wed, Jul 26, 2017, 16:47 PM »

You have a lot of great albums there. It has taken me about 15 years to build up my collection. I'm lucky that I live in Fife and can get to see a lot of KC's gigs and buy albums at the shows. Sell up and move to the East Neuk  :)

I would be there in a heartbeat if it was just me.  Scotland is the only location on my bucket list. 

The frustrating thing for me is that I was emailing with Kenny 4 years ago, and he was set to send me music.  Then our baby was born and I lost track.  When I replied it was too late.  Who knows what gems I missed out on?

Last night I bit the bullet and paid $70 for That Might Be It, Darling.  I hate doing it, but it's the only way for me to hear it.

My holy grails, even just to listen to, are The Squeezebox Set and Lino.  Those are big dreams.  However, I have saved up a significant amount of money for when the opportunities present themselves.

Also, last night I discovered All the 3's, and now it is on my "must have" list.

santaci

« Reply #11 on: Fri, Jul 28, 2017, 15:34 PM »
I have a spare Radge Weekend Starts Here. It contains Handswashed, the most beautiful song in the known multiverse.

Where are you in the US? I'll be over in a month and can post it then.

whiskeypriest

« Reply #12 on: Fri, Jul 28, 2017, 17:22 PM »
I have a spare Radge Weekend Starts Here. It contains Handswashed, the most beautiful song in the known multiverse.

Wow!  I can't wait to hear it.

I live in Oregon. It's on the West Coast.  Where are your visiting?

Can I pay you via Paypal? 

Thank you so much!

santaci

« Reply #13 on: Sat, Jul 29, 2017, 16:30 PM »

Wow!  I can't wait to hear it.

I live in Oregon. It's on the West Coast.  Where are your visiting?

Can I pay you via Paypal? 

Thank you so much!

I'll be in CA but PM me your address and we can sort out payment once I've posted the CD.

anster-lad

« Reply #14 on: Wed, Sep 06, 2017, 09:49 AM »
I possibly have a duplicate of Chalks. I definitely have 1 but you can't have that one.