Author Topic: The Red Well  (Read 589 times)

stephen

The Red Well
« on: Fri, Jul 28, 2017, 23:34 PM »
I listened to that album tonight, for the first time in an age, and i really enjoyed it. I had in my head that it was all about Skerryvore, but that was underestimating it. Not that it's a bad thing to have one killer song on an album, i'm happy enough to get that, i don't expect every album i buy to be Blue or RCR or VU. In fact most of the albums on the shelves are one trackers. Anyway, The Red Well isn't. It's more than a one tracker.

Always one of my favourite sleeves too.

Never did see them live though.

fuctifano

Re: The Red Well
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Jul 28, 2017, 23:40 PM »
funny that....had that album in my hand to put on earlier. never listened to it in years. put on something else though.

sorry jim.

Deegers

« Reply #2 on: Sun, Jul 30, 2017, 10:55 AM »
Hello Jim.

Best red well song isn't on the album but on the sampler that preempted its release.

Fact.  I wonder if Jim ever completed his album of songs about lighthouses of Scotland.

arab

« Reply #3 on: Wed, Aug 02, 2017, 21:08 PM »
water, eventually....

i always had a soft spot for the little wonkey god rest ye merry gentlemen

remember when they started a homegame rumour about a certain kt playing at noon sunday in the erskine hall only for the mainly hungover, anticipatory but unprepared audience to be blasted by a full on furious red wellian assault.  cleared the majority of the bearded hall in minutes.  quite brilliant.

rambling_idiot

« Reply #4 on: Wed, Aug 02, 2017, 23:04 PM »
I walked past the Red Well today.

It's a grand walk.

You need to visit it on the autumnal equinox to see it at it's best.

I've got a picture from it as my Twitter background.

funky_nomad

« Reply #5 on: Thu, Aug 03, 2017, 10:10 AM »
remember when they started a homegame rumour about a certain kt playing at noon sunday in the erskine hall only for the mainly hungover, anticipatory but unprepared audience to be blasted by a full on furious red wellian assault.  cleared the majority of the bearded hall in minutes.  quite brilliant.
;D

Not quite the clearance rate of Jon Hopkins' late night full-on techno set at the Town Hall when everyone was expecting some ambient loveliness, nor the aural assault that was RanTan in the Fisheries Museum, but that was a great HG moment.

arab

« Reply #6 on: Thu, Aug 03, 2017, 21:49 PM »
;D

Not quite the clearance rate of Jon Hopkins' late night full-on techno set at the Town Hall when everyone was expecting some ambient loveliness, nor the aural assault that was RanTan in the Fisheries Museum, but that was a great HG moment.

Great hg clearances #3.  That sunshine Manc baggy band that took two hours to Set up their piano.  Anyone who hung around left midway through the first track

GHGC #4   John amino doing his emails 😀

arab

« Reply #7 on: Thu, Aug 03, 2017, 21:50 PM »
In a quirk of timing just found out Metal Barry is going to be a dad!

anster-lad

« Reply #8 on: Wed, Sep 06, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Hi Jim.

I still see Jim on Instagram. He left Facebook. I miss him.