Author Topic: Edinburgh Fringe / Festival  (Read 252 times)

baldpar

Edinburgh Fringe / Festival
« on: Thu, Aug 10, 2017, 15:12 PM »
Anybody seen anything interesting yet? I'm heading over on Monday for a wander. I did notice that Hamish Hawk is playing at the BBC venue on Tuesday evening. Might try and get over for that.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Re: Edinburgh Fringe / Festival
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Anybody seen anything interesting yet? I'm heading over on Monday for a wander. I did notice that Hamish Hawk is playing at the BBC venue on Tuesday evening. Might try and get over for that.

I spoke to someone who was handing out stuff for the BBC and I asked about going to see Vic Gallloways show as Lomond is going to be on that and she told me tickets are released at 11am for the shows on the day however, don't know if Hamish is going to be in the big blue tent. 

baldpar

« Reply #2 on: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 10:16 AM »

I spoke to someone who was handing out stuff for the BBC and I asked about going to see Vic Gallloways show as Lomond is going to be on that and she told me tickets are released at 11am for the shows on the day however, don't know if Hamish is going to be in the big blue tent.

It would appear to be free. Starts at 5 and finishes at 8:30. There are a few other bands playing. Found a tweet from. Vic Galloway about it.

Sunday_Boy

« Reply #3 on: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 13:54 PM »
Sadly I can't get there, but I would dearly love to see this show by the remarkable native of Hamilton, Canada, Ben Caplan:
https://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/article/94140-old-stock-a-refugee-love-story/

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #4 on: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 23:31 PM »

It would appear to be free. Starts at 5 and finishes at 8:30. There are a few other bands playing. Found a tweet from. Vic Galloway about it.

By what I was told, the even the tickets for the free event are released at 11am and you need a ticket to get into blue tent.

baldpar

« Reply #5 on: Sat, Aug 12, 2017, 09:16 AM »
It's free and not ticketed, found this on the BBC site. Hamish is on at 5.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4gYpNgDDqfgKCcg94njTpfZ/free-live-music-at-our-bbc-edfest-bandstand

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #6 on: Mon, Aug 14, 2017, 11:41 AM »
That's great that to see Hamish it is not ticketed. The Global beats show on the Wednesday when Lomond is playing might still be ticketed as its not on the list.