Author Topic: Unveiling of Alex Salmond's Erection  (Read 2591 times)

czefski

Unveiling of Alex Salmond's Erection
« on: Fri, Aug 25, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Does anyone know if you have to have a ticket to walk the bridge to be able to see KC/KT perform on the 3rd?

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Re: Unveiling of Alex Salmond's Erection
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Aug 25, 2017, 09:32 AM »
Think he is rehearsing on the 3rd and the concert is on the 4th and with all those folk on the bridge walking back and forward on 3rd  it's going to be a nightmare.  I will buy my local paper today as it has South Queensferry news and if there is anything about it I will let you know.  Hopefully Kenny might have some details he can share. 

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: Fri, Aug 25, 2017, 13:52 PM »
I think you need a ticket but don't quote me on that.

funky_nomad

« Reply #3 on: Fri, Aug 25, 2017, 14:02 PM »
I'd imagine that there would be some information provided to locals on what's happening re the festivities to avoid lots of confusion about when's best to nip out to Scotmid for some well-fired rolls and a steak bridie to avoid the throngs of golden ticket holders.

I say "imagine", as clearly it doesn't look like such a scenario is going to unfold - no-one I've spoken to in the Ferry of late seems to know what's happening (other than the new bridge will be open next Thursday, 2 days before the bridge walk, and 4 days before the opening...)

ayjayemm

« Reply #4 on: Fri, Aug 25, 2017, 19:40 PM »
  ...still think the should've called it the Third Forth Bridge.

(..even more appropriate now, what with the opening being on the 3rd and 4th an' aw.. )

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #5 on: Fri, Aug 25, 2017, 20:21 PM »

...still think the should've called it the Third Forth Bridge.

(..even more appropriate now, what with the opening being on the 3rd and 4th an' aw.. )

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

klv

« Reply #6 on: Sat, Aug 26, 2017, 19:16 PM »
Does anyone know if you have to have a ticket to walk the bridge to be able to see KC/KT perform on the 3rd?

I've a ticket to walk the bridge but haven't heard any news of a KC performance. Maybe it's only for the very important people.....?

baldpar

« Reply #7 on: Sat, Aug 26, 2017, 21:09 PM »

I've a ticket to walk the bridge but haven't heard any news of a KC performance. Maybe it's only for the very important people.....?

This is all  can find

https://news.gov.scot/news/queensferry-crossing-official-opening

Daydream Daisy

« Reply #8 on: Mon, Aug 28, 2017, 17:43 PM »
Yes, you do need a ticket and they've all gone. There was a ballot a couple of months ago and many people who wanted to cross the bridge missed out...  :'(

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #9 on: Mon, Aug 28, 2017, 18:55 PM »
Yes, you do need a ticket and they've all gone. There was a ballot a couple of months ago and many people who wanted to cross the bridge missed out...  :'(

The ballot was for a chance to walk over the bridge however, this thread is about the official opening on the Monday as KC is playing and he is doing a rehearsal on the Sunday. Folk were wondering how you can see that.  I believe there are to be stages both sides.  KC I assume will be at the Fife side it's all a bit hush, hush. 

kwaing

« Reply #10 on: Mon, Aug 28, 2017, 22:18 PM »
I don't know where we're playing or for whom, but I do know we have a shared set of 4 to 7 of our own songs lasting anything from 26 to 40 minutes long with some mystery film footage behind us.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #11 on: Tue, Aug 29, 2017, 09:05 AM »
I don't know where we're playing or for whom, but I do know we have a shared set of 4 to 7 of our own songs lasting anything from 26 to 40 minutes long with some mystery film footage behind us.

Keep yer hat on then

Roddy

« Reply #12 on: Tue, Aug 29, 2017, 21:41 PM »
In the words of james brown Take it to the bridge .

czefski

« Reply #13 on: Wed, Aug 30, 2017, 10:04 AM »
Think he is rehearsing on the 3rd and the concert is on the 4th and with all those folk on the bridge walking back and forward on 3rd  it's going to be a nightmare.  I will buy my local paper today as it has South Queensferry news and if there is anything about it I will let you know.  Hopefully Kenny might have some details he can share.

The bridge walks are on the 2nd and the 3rd, if he's playing on the 4th it will be to a smaller crowd than a 10 Sunday in the ENH.

funky_nomad

« Reply #14 on: Wed, Aug 30, 2017, 16:10 PM »
Not to batter on about the lack of info provided, but did anyone know in advance of them lighting the new bridge up t'other night. I would have loved to have wandered along the road to have a look had I heard about it... :rollseyes: