Author Topic: Unveiling of Alex Salmond's Erection  (Read 2665 times)

funky_nomad

Re: Unveiling of Alex Salmond's Erection
« Reply #30 on: Sat, Sep 02, 2017, 07:06 AM »
Couldn't spot a stage on the south side, just loads of diggers, trucks and tractors - maybe Captainfourhorns is in charge of the set-up?

Gillcmcc

« Reply #31 on: Sun, Sep 03, 2017, 18:19 PM »
I'm going to be there on the 4th, not too bothered about the speeches, I'm there for the music  ;D

Gillian!
Fellow Thistle Camper Gillian?

You, in your official capacity, must know what the sketch is?

Yep thistle camper 😀 Have been sworn to secrecy on arrangements or will be in v big trouble 😆 HRH going to south end of bridge to cut ribbon, unveil plaque, drive across to the best side (FIFE) where the shenanigans will be held!

Daydream Daisy

« Reply #32 on: Mon, Sep 04, 2017, 00:39 AM »
I'm going to be there on the 4th, not too bothered about the speeches, I'm there for the music  ;D

Gillian!
Fellow Thistle Camper Gillian?

You, in your official capacity, must know what the sketch is?

Yep thistle camper 😀 Have been sworn to secrecy on arrangements or will be in v big trouble 😆 HRH going to south end of bridge to cut ribbon, unveil plaque, drive across to the best side (FIFE) where the shenanigans will be held!

Looks like it's not a big secret anymore! http://www.scotsman.com/regions/edinburgh-fife-lothians/kt-tunstall-to-sing-at-queensferry-crossing-opening-celebration-1-4548491

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #33 on: Mon, Sep 04, 2017, 12:07 PM »
I think he'll be doing a cover of James Brown's Sex Machine, complete with gyrating hips and thrusting pelvis up to the "take me to the bridge" bit.  The queen will love it.

Then, ideally, he would bellow "Independence for Scottttllllaaaannnnndddddddddd"

Yahoo.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #34 on: Mon, Sep 04, 2017, 12:09 PM »
whoops, forgot the bit I was replying to:

"Nice we stage up between Divit cludgie works and the dockyard, with plenty room on the road for lurkers. Looks like they are expecting around 500 folks in the arena itself. Glad I booked the day off - now don't go and spoil it with any simple minds covers :)
David M"

Kirbyfan

« Reply #35 on: Mon, Sep 04, 2017, 13:52 PM »
I think he'll be doing a cover of James Brown's Sex Machine, complete with gyrating hips and thrusting pelvis up to the "take me to the bridge" bit.  The queen will love it.

Then, ideally, he would bellow "Independence for Scottttllllaaaannnnndddddddddd"

Yahoo.

KC/KT team up set with Sorren and Hannah and other folks I couldn't see at the back of the stage. a soggy eight song set comprising can I be him/bats in the attic/Betelgeuse/kt song (so long?)/suddenly I see/other side of the world/largs/something to believe in. And no simple minds - cheers Kenny!

Gillcmcc

« Reply #36 on: Mon, Sep 04, 2017, 17:12 PM »
Nice mix of tunes at QC Opening today, highlight of the ceremony  ;)

baldpar

« Reply #37 on: Mon, Sep 04, 2017, 21:05 PM »

Yahoo.

KC/KT team up set with Sorren and Hannah and other folks I couldn't see at the back of the stage. a soggy eight song set comprising can I be him/bats in the attic/Betelgeuse/kt song (so long?)/suddenly I see/other side of the world/largs/something to believe in. And no simple minds - cheers Kenny!

If you have Facebook you can see the full set on the Queensferry Crossing page. Watch from about 2 hours twenty minutes in. Betelgeuse sounds as great as ever.

czefski

« Reply #38 on: Tue, Sep 05, 2017, 09:00 AM »

Yahoo.

If you have Facebook you can see the full set on the Queensferry Crossing page. Watch from about 2 hours twenty minutes in. Betelgeuse sounds as great as ever.

The feed on the FB page is great, as long as you don't want sound..and sometimes video

baldpar

« Reply #39 on: Tue, Sep 05, 2017, 10:08 AM »

Yahoo.

The feed on the FB page is great, as long as you don't want sound..and sometimes video

It played up a few times for me. Worth persevering with though.

czefski

« Reply #40 on: Tue, Sep 05, 2017, 10:26 AM »

Yahoo.

It played up a few times for me. Worth persevering with though.

I got there, eventually

Cameleon

« Reply #41 on: Tue, Sep 05, 2017, 11:19 AM »
Here's the link for anyone having trouble finding it

https://www.facebook.com/queensferrycrossing/videos/345264945896831/?fref=mentions

As Baldpar says.  Starts about bout 2 hr 18m ish.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #42 on: Tue, Sep 05, 2017, 19:41 PM »
Who was the other violinist?  Did Ziggy actually play anything this time?  How did people get an invite to it does anyone know? David were you in the stand or did you have a pair if binoculars and hiding in the trees? Shame about the weather and that those folk who were there had to be kept a safe distance away, neither wonder Kenny was having a laugh about it.

anster-lad

« Reply #43 on: Wed, Sep 06, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Nice mix of tunes at QC Opening today, highlight of the ceremony  ;)

Gillian here is my work colleague. I even sat in for her at Bridge opening meetings and wasn't invited. It's a DISGRACE!!!  ;D ;D :P :P

Mon the Bridge!

kwaing

« Reply #44 on: Wed, Sep 06, 2017, 16:58 PM »
Who was the other violinist? 

Chris Stout

Did Ziggy actually play anything this time?

He did - it was the rest of us miming.