Author Topic: Muy Bueno  (Read 396 times)

czefski

Muy Bueno
« on: Fri, Sep 29, 2017, 19:37 PM »
Cracking show in Barcelona last night. A good crowd in a nice venue with really good sound. KC had the multi-lingual crowd eating out his hand with his sprinkling of Catalan, Spanish and French, and some English too. Much clapping along, singing along and, to Third Swan, doo--do-do-do-dooing along.

We'd taken a few friends along who all thoroughly enjoyed it and Jude Murray, who some of you may know from Fence events gone by, now resident near Barcelona, was there too so great to see her and her boyfriend Alan there too.

All in all as good an excuse to visit one of my favourite cities as I can think.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
Re: Muy Bueno
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Oct 02, 2017, 14:20 PM »
Me gusta!

Must have been an interesting atmosphere in the town too, pre vote. 

You can't beat a good gig followed by a bit of ultraviolence with the cops.

czefski

« Reply #2 on: Mon, Oct 02, 2017, 15:23 PM »
Me gusta!

Must have been an interesting atmosphere in the town too, pre vote. 

You can't beat a good gig followed by a bit of ultraviolence with the cops.

We left on Saturday but up to that point, other than pots and pans being banged at 10pm for 10 minutes, there was very little evidence of what was to happen yesterday. We saw a couple of small, peaceful demos, no more than 100 people. There were Catalan flags hanging from balconies but also Spanish flags. The last opinion poll had Yes at only 41%, which makes you wonder why they went to all that trouble to stop people voting, they will have turned those who were unsure (9%) and no doubt converted some who would have voted No.

Nico Brad

« Reply #3 on: Mon, Oct 02, 2017, 15:51 PM »
Cracking show in Barcelona last night. A good crowd in a nice venue with really good sound. KC had the multi-lingual crowd eating out his hand with his sprinkling of Catalan, Spanish and French, and some English too. Much clapping along, singing along and, to Third Swan, doo--do-do-do-dooing along.

We'd taken a few friends along who all thoroughly enjoyed it and Jude Murray, who some of you may know from Fence events gone by, now resident near Barcelona, was there too so great to see her and her boyfriend Alan there too.

All in all as good an excuse to visit one of my favourite cities as I can think.

Paris show was a belter too. Just Kenny with a great sound, almost church like reverb. The beauty of his songs just shone against the damp of a paris autumn night. Waiting now to travel across for the Lino show etc.........  8)

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #4 on: Mon, Oct 02, 2017, 17:04 PM »
Anyone know when the Berlin gig is?  Or was? Have not seen any dates on the hub.

czefski

« Reply #5 on: Mon, Oct 02, 2017, 18:13 PM »
Anyone know when the Berlin gig is?  Or was? Have not seen any dates on the hub.

It was 20th Sept I think. KLV was there, she'll know.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #6 on: Mon, Oct 02, 2017, 20:12 PM »
Ah well, too late now.  Have some Berlin friends who wanted to know.    Next time!

klv

« Reply #7 on: Mon, Oct 02, 2017, 21:57 PM »

It was 20th Sept I think. KLV was there, she'll know.

Aye, 20th of September it was.
Kenny was in fine fettle - it was a great wee holiday bonus to catch him there!

fuctifano

« Reply #8 on: Tue, Oct 10, 2017, 13:59 PM »
what about Milan?