Author Topic: Is It Really So Strange?  (Read 552 times)

czefski

Is It Really So Strange?
« on: Sun, Feb 18, 2018, 17:19 PM »
I see there were 'mass walkout's' at the SECC when Morrissey criticised Wee Nic. He should try that shit in a small venue in Dennistoun and see how he gets on.

Would any Hubber walk out of a gig they paid 50 for because the act said something they disagreed with? It's a bit North Korea for my taste's, do not criticise the glorious leader.

nodisco

Re: Is It Really So Strange?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, Feb 18, 2018, 18:08 PM »
Hard to say.... It very much depends on how strongly you feel about something... I tend to separate music from personal views, politics etc. unless the music is expressly political. While I dislike Morrisey, I still listen to the Smiths.

FilthySwan

« Reply #2 on: Sun, Feb 18, 2018, 20:21 PM »
Id be surprised if there actually was mass walkouts especially as what I read hed said wasnt particularly bad or controversial (or untrue  :P).

Im a big Smiths fan, love a lot of Moz but getting s bit bored of him now. The 10min animal slaughter video during Meat Is Murder on the last tour did it for me. Not bothered with much of him since.

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #3 on: Tue, Feb 20, 2018, 14:48 PM »
If you feel the need to express your political opinions there are platforms available for you to do so, personally I'd rather not hear it a gig, that's not what I'm there for.
Mozza is the King of testing his fans' patience!
I remember seeing Living Colour at the Barrowlands mid nineties and it was highly political.
The music was shit too! No offence!
 ;)

funky_nomad

« Reply #4 on: Wed, Feb 21, 2018, 13:13 PM »
I remember seeing Living Colour at the Barrowlands mid nineties and it was highly political.
The music was shit too! No offence!
 ;)
I reckon I was at that very same gig. Around '93/'94?

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #5 on: Thu, Feb 22, 2018, 16:43 PM »
yeah, even the support band were playing the 'Malcom X' card - the drummer frequently standing up and holding his sticks in a cross like manner whenever the 'singer' rambled on about some political point or other! they were shit too :-)

funky_nomad

« Reply #6 on: Fri, Feb 23, 2018, 15:37 PM »
You were obviously far too sober if you remember the support act...