Author Topic: king creosote and psalm clerk's 23 lives  (Read 1671 times)

Jackie

Re: king creosote and psalm clerk's 23 lives
« Reply #15 on: Sat, Dec 02, 2017, 18:45 PM »
A cracking start to the residency. A fine rendition of the Psalm Clerk in front of a boisterous crowd, including some faces I haven't seen for a while. KC getting deliberately sworn at in Bulgarian was a highlight.
Sworn at in French this afternoon😁

Jackie

« Reply #16 on: Sat, Dec 02, 2017, 23:13 PM »
Boisterous is one way of putting it!- whistling feckwit wasn't there today thank God.

Jackie

« Reply #17 on: Sat, Dec 02, 2017, 23:14 PM »
Boisterous is one way of putting it- whistling feckwit wasn't there today thank God.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #18 on: Sun, Dec 03, 2017, 08:45 AM »
Saw them in the Ship last night they were all a bit subdued!  Concert 2 had an interval so we could all go and see Santa arrive on his dog sleigh and the Christmas tree lights switched on. Andy had a serious hangover he was about passing out while playing with his back to the radiator so the fresh air and mulled wine helped.  Kenny managed to get a Frenchman to hurl abuse at him although the last insult was Roast Beef said in English,  wish he said what’s your Beef!  Photo was of everyone but mainly a party of women resplendent in Christmas novelty ware.

ayjayemm

« Reply #19 on: Mon, Dec 04, 2017, 18:14 PM »
The first three gigs gone and what can we say ? Loved the gradual upgrading from dictaphone to melodica to sma' accordion (complete with glamorous 'Debbie McGee-style' assistant); Fully expecting a barrel organ to appear by around the 18th...
 It was great to catch upp with friends old and new in the East Neuk at the East Neuk. Getting to witness the 'count-up' to the tree lights being turned in while Santa's huskies were going radge round the corner was a fine thing.
  'Guess The Time' competitions. 'Megan-tinis'. The 'as-we-watched' lyric writing to 'Who Did You Kill On Your Way Up'. Linguistic abuse in three different languages. The full and frank explanation of the tale behind 'Love Your Present'. The darkly thrilling rumour that semi-legendary 'post-op rock' titans The Holy Crail may appear some time in the distant future to an audience of none....
 These are the things that make for great memories. Thanks to one and all, especially Kenny and all at the ENH for a belter of weekend. Only wish we could have stayed for the next twenty!
 And the new rule is: "Two Out; One In".
 Love to all Al&Ester X  ;D

Cameleon

« Reply #20 on: Mon, Dec 04, 2017, 19:57 PM »
It was good catching up again with you two too.  We'll have to hi jack the 95 without you for now.  Come back soon.

ayjayemm

« Reply #21 on: Mon, Dec 04, 2017, 22:46 PM »
It was good catching up again with you two too.  We'll have to hi jack the 95 without you for now.  Come back soon.

Will do. Here's to the Night Rider posse!

Marion

« Reply #22 on: Tue, Dec 05, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Here’s hoping the tentative but enthusiastic count up to “eleven!” becomes a Crail custom. Great to meet you. And yes I will be tip-tapping on your door next year to inspect your shoe room... x

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #23 on: Tue, Dec 05, 2017, 12:17 PM »
Yes great to see you both again hope you had a safe journey home to Mull it was a great weekend.
Some other highlights have been, day 3 Sunday and Ian deciding to have a dance with me which he called the Sunderland swing in honour of the guys on the first night. Kenny also was given abuse from two women in German he said he had a one night fling with her which she denied, wish I knew what she said! Day 4 whiskey Stephen resplendent in his wolverine hat what an entrance that was.  Wee girl wanting to sing in the microphone but no was really was really too sure of the song so she gave up. Locals coming in after the first half and conducting a meeting in the corner I had to shhh them.  Kenny got abuse from another Kenny in Italian it wasn’t Kenny Drew but there were 3 Kennys in the room so the photo captured that. Never a dull moment!  ;D

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #24 on: Thu, Dec 07, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Day 5 had us all treated to birthday cake as it was Gavins birthday, lots more dancing and I shouted some Klingon abuse at KC although there was not as big a crowd to witness it.   Day 6, we now have some stage props,  a standard lamp with a Christmas sock. KC has asked us to contribute some decorations each day so it becomes more festive.  Just me and Iain up doing the Sunderland swing to not one bit ashamed which is apt. I won the timed competition made up for not getting a prize for my Klingon the night before.  It all ended with Kenny giving us a rendition of Oh holy night which was just magical with that Christmas sock scene.

kwaing

« Reply #25 on: Thu, Dec 07, 2017, 15:19 PM »
I won the timed competition made up for not getting a prize for my Klingon the night before.

'or was it?' might well be a booby prize, but still a prize!

gavinb

« Reply #26 on: Thu, Dec 07, 2017, 21:06 PM »
A boringly administrative question, but can anyone tell me whether the 8pm is doors or showtime please? Ta!

czefski

« Reply #27 on: Fri, Dec 08, 2017, 00:16 AM »
A boringly administrative question, but can anyone tell me whether the 8pm is doors or showtime please? Ta!

As Beetlejuice said..'it's showtime!!!!'

Cameleon

« Reply #28 on: Sat, Dec 09, 2017, 14:47 PM »
Psalm Clerk number 8 and yet another wonderful night with KC augmented this time by our very own Murph from The Magic Tones...Des Lawson!  Captain Geeko was granted a night or two off to strut his stuff in Glasgow and swap his Djembe for some headbanging at an Uli Jon Roth gig in Dundee on Saturday.  Des added some beautiful fills which helped transform the night into melodic magic.  Des and his timekeeping was also the subject of the evening's What's the Time contest.  The evenings tirade of German insults was probably the fiercest yet with KC almost unable to get a word in before the next onslaught which earned our volunteer a copy of fnc23 itself.

It was good to see quite a few new faces too so be ready to welcome more new members to the Hub very soon.  Unfortunately there were some noisy punters who obviously weren't there to enjoy the gig but the banter from KC rose above the background as we learned his family Sea Queen history and of his previously unknown skill of knowing how to measure kilts!

Our encore for the evening was an emotional singalong of Wild Mountain Thyme followed by a deeply moving finale of Nothing Compares to U in honour of Chaz's Dad, whose wake was earlier today.  It was his favourite song and there were tears in many an eye.

I'm sure Lavinia would have been able to describe the night better than me but all I can say is that we wish you had all been there with us.

Roll on tomorrow!

Gillcmcc

« Reply #29 on: Sat, Dec 09, 2017, 22:09 PM »
Was at number 9 today. Top tunes and top banter, thanks Kenny!