Author Topic: king creosote and psalm clerk's 23 lives  (Read 8987 times)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Re: king creosote and psalm clerk's 23 lives
« Reply #30 on: Mon, Dec 11, 2017, 08:46 AM »
Saturday was really busy and the Italian abuse was the best yet she got a copy of psalm clerk for it.  The night before it had been a bit rowdy through in the bar, apparently someone was head butted and a lady collapsed in the toilets so Kenny told us, it had been Chazs dads funeral so the wake was happening, I took a night off and missed all the action.  Sunday's set had Captain Geko back who was a bit deaf after his hard rock concert and with Kennys deaf left ear and Des deaf right it was a funny combo. Some lovely wee Chritmas decorations appearing and we had quite a few kids in, one had a pair of headphones on as he was playing a game and shouted out a few times when he needed his dad to do something on his tablet which was quite funny.  Kenny decided not to do the abusive one which for David's boys was a big disappointment as that was their favourite on the CD he had made them listen to previously, so they went through a pad of paper drawing masterpieces instead. Hope they got their chips afterwards!  Not back till next weekend unfortunately hopefully some other hubbers will post updates.

baldpar

« Reply #31 on: Mon, Dec 11, 2017, 21:32 PM »
Day 10 was a real treat. Stand out songs for me were spy stick, not one bit ashamed, such fine deeds and snakes from single socks. The  chat between songs was good. Got my photo taken for the Polaroid collection and bought one of the limited edition double CD albums (it has been put away for Christmas). Finished the day off with a tasty fish supper before the drive home. Cheers KC. Hope the rest of the shows go well.

czefski

« Reply #32 on: Wed, Dec 13, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Day 12 - And then there were 4. PHa11 joined the KC, Geeko, Des ensemble last night and what a treat it was, the addition of the cello adding another layer to a set that is maturing with each performance.

The wholly unexpected arrival of Scarlett Johannson, filming an advert for Louis Vuitton at Crail harbour, took everyone by surprise. KC’s refusal to play her Love Life because it wasn’t on Psalm Clerk unfortunately led to a swift, and I would say, divaesque departure.

The rest of the set passed without incident but with an air of ‘did that really happen?’ pervading in the room

Bootsfordancing

« Reply #33 on: Wed, Dec 13, 2017, 13:56 PM »
and on the 12th day.. is that a lump of coal in your pocket... or ... ah never mind  8)

AETC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Wed, Dec 13, 2017, 15:45 PM »
Scarlett's maybe gonna pop in tonight to add some je ne sais quoi to KC's Love Life.
« Last Edit: Wed, Dec 13, 2017, 15:48 PM by AETC »

Sunday_Boy

« Reply #35 on: Wed, Dec 13, 2017, 17:11 PM »
Scarlett's maybe gonna pop in tonight to add some je ne sais quoi to KC's Love Life.

I so want this to be true - we're all rooting for KC!

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #36 on: Thu, Dec 14, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Missed the action again and I see the Christmas decorations have stepped up a gear too!

Marion

« Reply #37 on: Thu, Dec 14, 2017, 11:53 AM »
13 - unlucky for some, but not for us happy few who got to spend a lovely lovely evening with KC, Mr G & the Desmeister. My Sunderland Swing needs a bit of work mind

gladad

« Reply #38 on: Thu, Dec 14, 2017, 18:05 PM »
  :)famous flive alive.....wonderfull night.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #39 on: Sun, Dec 17, 2017, 10:32 AM »
Saturday afternoon session 16 was ace, with fans from London travelling up to see the show, great to see you again and well done winning the competition.  We had some Kenny virgins (of the music kind) with us who were enthralled. Sunderland swinger Ian Whistler Gilmure was another musical addition to the band.  Paul on the bar lost some brownie points when he started throwing chocolate mints to his wife. Mulled wine and mince pies went down well at the interval.  Roll on number 17.

seldomlight

« Reply #40 on: Sun, Dec 17, 2017, 16:14 PM »
Hey Lavinia (and others!), it was a great weekend with some fabulous memories. Lovely to see familiar faces again.

#15 was a cherry brandy fuelled bombastic set finished in some style with a phenomenal Taylor Swift cover. I genuinely didn't expect to be waking a little bleary-eyed on the Saturday humming one of her tunes.

#16 was indeed ace and the mulled wine/mince pie half time refreshments were most welcome! Ginny had me up dancing for Spysticks. I definitely don't have the moves to match the bootiful tunes. Incredible location and scenery. The weekend could only have been better if it lasted longer!

See y'all soon and best wishes to all we met. Special thanks to kc and his fellow musicians. Really twas magical.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #41 on: Sun, Dec 17, 2017, 20:33 PM »
Hi Seldomlight hope you got back safe and sound.  Concert 17 was busy and we also had Gordon on the double bass so it was a five piece and what a treat it was.  What great value for money these concerts are.  Good to see Cat with her wee dog Boston up from London and glad she found him after his runabout in St Andrews.   A few extra songs at the end included Largs and Shake It which had a few of us up dancing.  Mulled wine and mince pies at the break followed by a celebration chocolate passed around in a bowl (health and safety).  Tomorrow stovies is included in the price!
It just gets better and better!

Marion

« Reply #42 on: Sun, Dec 17, 2017, 21:17 PM »
I won (not entirely sure how) & Mrs Czefski is going to get it when she gets home. Huzzah!

funky_nomad

« Reply #43 on: Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 15:00 PM »
Mrs Czefski is going to get it when she gets home.
That time of year already? Blimey, time flies...

baldpar

« Reply #44 on: Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 15:08 PM »
Mrs Czefski is going to get it when she gets home.
That time of year already? Blimey, time flies...

When I read Marion's post I thought where's Funky?