Author Topic: king creosote and psalm clerk's 23 lives  (Read 8535 times)

Dubster

Re: king creosote and psalm clerk's 23 lives
« Reply #45 on: Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 21:49 PM »
Super chuffed to make No.17 after having to read from afar what a great time all you lucky f🎄🎄kers have been having since Dec 1st. Big thanks to the Czefskis for making it possible for me and Boston to attend without relying 95 bus.  No matter how shit life gets thereís always live music to lift the spirits - the ENH on a Sunday afternoon with KC and the gang is like one big, long, glorious hug 😁❤️

Jackie

« Reply #46 on: Tue, Dec 19, 2017, 20:29 PM »
Gig 18 last night and we had full on drums, several additional songs including John Taylor, Doubles Underneath, Homeboy and more dancing😃
Love how this has grown, how different the songs sound now and how each night is so unlike the night before as the participants and audience come and go.
I couldn't really imagine how playing the same album each night would pan out but obviously KC could.
A special end to a special year for KC and the Fence ethos💜

czefski

« Reply #47 on: Wed, Dec 20, 2017, 00:58 AM »
There's been suggestions from some quarters that Scarlett Johansson wasn't at the ENH on the night of gig 12, so here's some photographic evidence, the camera never lies....

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #48 on: Wed, Dec 20, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Which one is she?  Is it the one with the rosie cheeks? Must be right then as it's been roasting hot in that bar apart from one Sunday when Paul was away and it was Baltic.

czefski

« Reply #49 on: Wed, Dec 20, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Which one is she?  Is it the one with the rosie cheeks? Must be right then as it's been roasting hot in that bar apart from one Sunday when Paul was away and it was Baltic.

She's the one with the dark hair and glasses, sitting behind the girl at the bar that looks like a famous actress.

stephen

« Reply #50 on: Thu, Dec 21, 2017, 19:35 PM »
Houston Tharoule

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #51 on: Fri, Dec 22, 2017, 08:19 AM »
It just gets better and better music wise and food wise!  Although last nights guess the time was changed to guess the bride we had to guess who in the band was happily married and what his wifeís name was.  Needless to say no one got it right and we had to have another go with KC providing some of the letters.  Well done Karen for winning a great prize!  We now have quite a lot of audience participation - someone on the counter doing the cuckoo verses I just donít know how Kenny manages it, it must be punishing on his vocal chords although itís fantastic to listen to.  Iain on the whistle although he isnít there tonight so he has passed it on to Karen so she will have to practice to reach the professional standard Iain has reached.  The Sunderland swingers dance and singalong to not one bit ashamed.  In addition we are perfecting the slow clap and walk forward to declare bravissimo after Lisa Minellies dressing room which has added another element.  Last night he even sang please donít go take me with you (donít know what he is going to call it as itís not on any album yet) with the band think I heard that when he was in the safari lounge and it was mainly electronic and thought it was going to be on the glassderpiece and was annoyed it wasnít needless to say it deserved me dancing along to it.  So if it and Blue Marble are on the next album itís going to be a belter. He also did one of Pip Dylanís songs to me and Whisky Stephens delight, we also found out Stephen is bringing his records along on Saturday after the show so we can continue the dancing. What a great month this has been!  Missing our pal John Mac I know he is with us in spirit and he will still be thinking about us all on the 23rd even although he has to try and focus on his daughters wedding!

DRussell

« Reply #52 on: Fri, Dec 22, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Good morning fellow neebs,

Is Saturday's gig a ticket only affair?  Would love to come through but appreciate it will probably be rammed with folks more organised than myself

Cheers

David

czefski

« Reply #53 on: Fri, Dec 22, 2017, 10:11 AM »
PHA11 is married to Rowena, what do I win?

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #54 on: Fri, Dec 22, 2017, 13:04 PM »
PHA11 is married to Rowena, what do I win?

You would have won in the first round Paul had you been there, you will just have to gaze in amazement at Karen's poster which has lots of autographs then covered in sticky backed plastic and stuck onto a bit of that insulating board that you have to wear special gloves to touch.  See what you missed!

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #55 on: Fri, Dec 22, 2017, 13:07 PM »
Good morning fellow neebs,

Is Saturday's gig a ticket only affair?  Would love to come through but appreciate it will probably be rammed with folks more organised than myself

Cheers

David

I would think it's sold out as there isn't much room left for folk once the band takes up half the room but you could phone the hotel and see if they know.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #56 on: Fri, Dec 22, 2017, 13:27 PM »
Fantastic noise emanating last night from the psalm-a-thon with cello, double bass, keyboards and C Geeko on drums.  Loved the hard, bright guitar sound mixed with mellow string sounds. marvellous.

Kwaing, meant to get a copy of the extremely exclusive CD but had to hit the road - can you put a copy aside for me and will pick it up next time?

stephen

« Reply #57 on: Fri, Dec 22, 2017, 21:53 PM »
I could hear it from the chemist on the walk down the road.

tell you what, each gig makes you realise the quality of new songs.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #58 on: Sat, Dec 23, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Last night we had the addition of a violin, electric guitar and harp all sounding fantastic.  Tables are being pushed to the side for the final gig, theses songs have just got better and better over the course and just wish we could have an updated album as it would knock the socks off the original one.  Just annoying when you go along and there is still folk who want to talk loudly through the performance even when you put them straight in front of the band, why not wait till the song finishes before you need to chat! Karen did a fine whistle rendition in Iain's absence and Marion was on the counter for the cuckoo chorus 23 today - KC will go cuckoo after it!  Sad that this has had to end its been epic! 😊

Jackie

« Reply #59 on: Sun, Dec 24, 2017, 00:49 AM »
Psalm Clerk Life 23💜💜💜💜💜💜💜😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Merry Christmas everyone. X