AETC > Hubbub

albums of the year

(1/7) > >>

stephen:
Is there anything good that i've missed that i should be buying Mrs. Stephen for Christmas?

Sunday_Boy:
I would strongly recommend Songs From The Novel "Greatest Hits" by Kathryn Williams - especially the song Gethsemane - and the accompanying novel would make a nice gift too. Pleasure by Feist - especially A Man Is Not His Song - is also worth a shout. And I am completely under the spell of Not Even Happiness by Julie Byrne, which is mesmerising from start to finish. Having said that, I have listened to Greetings From Hamilton, Canada and Lino more than anything else this year, but I suspect Mrs Stephen may co-own them already.

czefski:
Is Gethsemane a cover of the Withered Hand song of the same name? Looking forward to seeing her at Tae Sup Wi A Fifer tomorrow night.

Lavinia:
Me too!

Sunday_Boy:

--- Quote from: czefski on Fri, Nov 24, 2017, 09:21 AM ---Is Gethsemane a cover of the Withered Hand song of the same name? Looking forward to seeing her at Tae Sup Wi A Fifer tomorrow night.

--- End quote ---
Sadly not! The lyrics were written with Laura Barnett, who wrote the accompanying novel and also The Versions of Us. The recording features Neill MacColl, Kate St John and Michele and Romeo from The Magic Numbers, all clearly having tremendous fun. Enjoy tomorrow night!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version