Author Topic: King Creosote: Analogue Catalogue  (Read 31397 times)

coilsandco

Re: King Creosote: Analogue Catalogue
« Reply #15 on: Sat, Aug 24, 2013, 20:24 PM »
Is there anyway to get this via PayPal as I don't have a cheque book? :-(

Its the beginning of the end once PayPal gets involved...

I'm sure some kind soul on here will help get you a copy

;)

e.r

« Reply #16 on: Tue, Aug 27, 2013, 09:32 AM »
yeah. same here. hope it will be available via paypal for europeans as well.

Rusticbob

« Reply #17 on: Sun, Sep 01, 2013, 16:39 PM »
Was this on sale at the Bunfight?  Just remembering now that it was the thing that I intended to get my hands on, but don't think I saw it anywhere, and forgot to ask on account of all the other things I got my hands on.

chaz

« Reply #18 on: Fri, Sep 06, 2013, 18:29 PM »
Is this available on cd? Sadly I had to give up my turntables

coilsandco

« Reply #19 on: Fri, Sep 13, 2013, 12:18 PM »
I don't wish to cast aspersions, but have any of the people looking for a CD release of this EP ever considered buying a record player?  They can be picked up reasonably cheaply, or if you're feeling flush you can get really good new ones for less than 300.  I know there are amps, speakers etc to be bought as well but a lot of folk these days think nothing of getting a new iPhone every couple of years, or whenever Apple release version 4.2 or whatever shit that they do.  A half decent record player will probably last you until the end of your life and I suspect will bring a lot more enjoyment to it than an iPhone.

:D

Ooohmince

« Reply #20 on: Fri, Sep 13, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Here, here!

I managed to pick up a fairly decent one with built-in speakers and mp3-making capabilities for around 150 from
a certain high street hipster shop (which rhymes with Turban Goutshitters) and, touch wood, 'tis no bad so far.

Dubster

« Reply #21 on: Fri, Sep 13, 2013, 15:38 PM »
all very well but the only time I get to devote myself entirely to an album is when driving along on long journeys (which never happens) or when working (which is outdoors), which makes a record player a highly impractical way of accessing the music.  We have an excellent record player and speakers in our house and Mr D has an extensive record collection which is, frankly, taking over the downstairs.  I did buy a good few vinyl releases from Fence last year but I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually sat down and listened to an album all the way through...

Uncle Ellwyn

« Reply #22 on: Fri, Sep 13, 2013, 15:56 PM »
I don't wish to cast aspersions, but have any of the people looking for a CD release of this EP ever considered buying a record player?  They can be picked up reasonably cheaply, or if you're feeling flush you can get really good new ones for less than 300.  I know there are amps, speakers etc to be bought as well but a lot of folk these days think nothing of getting a new iPhone every couple of years, or whenever Apple release version 4.2 or whatever shit that they do.  A half decent record player will probably last you until the end of your life and I suspect will bring a lot more enjoyment to it than an iPhone.

:-* :)
(wanted to use the clapping hands but it isn't here.  :'()

chaz

« Reply #23 on: Fri, Sep 13, 2013, 18:33 PM »

thats all very well but I have 2 kids to feed and have a crap job. I can barely afford to buy the music :(

Ally

« Reply #24 on: Fri, Sep 13, 2013, 21:37 PM »
all very well but the only time I get to devote myself entirely to an album is when driving along on long journeys (which never happens) or when working (which is outdoors), which makes a record player a highly impractical way of accessing the music.  We have an excellent record player and speakers in our house and Mr D has an extensive record collection which is, frankly, taking over the downstairs.  I did buy a good few vinyl releases from Fence last year but I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually sat down and listened to an album all the way through...

And there is the rub... I have a large record collection, most of which has sat un-played for 20 years... I have bought records since (because I love them)... all un-played more or less...

No-one loves "the album" more than me... I listen to nothing else... I don't download, I don't own an ipod... I don't do singles or quick hits or shuffles or random... I just do albums from track 1 to the end... But I've a busy life so it only happens on the frequent long journeys I take

My favourite release mechanism was always the LP with CD/CDR thrown in... Guess that might be expensive to produce though...

Vinyl is cool - but it has its limitations.

baldpar

« Reply #25 on: Fri, Sep 13, 2013, 23:04 PM »

Some very true words here. I kept my turntable, amp and speakers. Set them up again a couple of years ago. Bought a new stylus and turntable belt and started buying vinyl again (mostly Fence related). It's great to sit down and listen to the music without any distractions. I appreciate that not everybody can afford the equipment or spare the time but it's an investment worth making.

coilsandco

« Reply #26 on: Sat, Sep 14, 2013, 08:59 AM »

And there is the rub... I have a large record collection, most of which has sat un-played for 20 years... I have bought records since (because I love them)... all un-played more or less...

No-one loves "the album" more than me... I listen to nothing else... I don't download, I don't own an ipod... I don't do singles or quick hits or shuffles or random... I just do albums from track 1 to the end... But I've a busy life so it only happens on the frequent long journeys I take

My favourite release mechanism was always the LP with CD/CDR thrown in... Guess that might be expensive to produce though...

Vinyl is cool - but it has its limitations.

I hear that.  As a middle aged man with three children I tend to do a lot of my music listening in the car.  A bit like Alan Partridge.  I've never got into the whole downloading/iPod lark, and still the CD is still my recorded music medium of choice.  I have a tonne of records that I don't often listen to, but I'm fortunate enough to have enough room in the house to store them without them getting in the way.  I keep about a dozen by the record player at any given time, and even though I listen to CDs more often I don't think I could ever be without a rekkid player and a wee stack of rekkids.  I like these vinyl only releases as they force you to listen to music in a way that you may not ordinarily do.

kwaing

« Reply #27 on: Sun, Sep 15, 2013, 15:03 PM »
Linn are selling 24bit audio files that sound almost as good as their record decks if played through powered speakers costing 36 grand a pair and a receiver gizmo that costs 15 grand.

chaz

« Reply #28 on: Sun, Sep 15, 2013, 16:45 PM »
Linn are selling 24bit audio files that sound almost as good as their record decks if played through powered speakers costing 36 grand a pair and a receiver gizmo that costs 15 grand.
seems legit  ;D

hallav

« Reply #29 on: Sun, Sep 15, 2013, 17:23 PM »

I've heard them at a Linn Lounge Demo and they do.......actually they are better........subjectively.

I was told that the Akubarik speakers are 'aspirational' and not outside the realms of those who spend tens of thousands on a new car. Well that's alright then.......

I wanted a Linn Sondek in 1973 when I was 13 and I still do but it has never ever been within my reach financially. I have owned a Linn Axis since 1983 (part of the Linn 'value' range) and everything I play on it sounds good to me. I realised a long time ago that I love music much more than the equipment it's played on.