Author Topic: KC, Hamish and their manager for the coming tour  (Read 1671 times)

arab

Re: KC, Hamish and their manager for the coming tour
« Reply #15 on: Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 22:17 PM »
Arbroath was tremendous.  Third time I have seen Hamish and he gets better every time. Leg twitch kick notwithstanding.  Kenny's squeezebox set was just lovely. Oldies and newbies. A much needed injection of live emotion. Great.  Enjoy the rest of the shows. Nice to see you to paul and only ten
Minutes from home for me ! 

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #16 on: Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 23:29 PM »
Great night in Livi.  Hamish was in good voice and even had his new CD with him for sale and they were snapped up eagerly at the end. I am sure if Kenny had brought anything it would have been bought too.  Howden Park centre is a great venue once you find it and Kenny got a bit lost and when you have no internet it can be a little stressful finding your way there. His set on the accordion seamlessly drifted from song to song then he introduced an electronic beat, and finally a choral backing ending with Please dont go. Well to play solidly like that he had us all spellbound. Just fab and then picked up the guitar and we had some crowd favourites including bats in the attic and spy stick.  Hope he managed to find his way back home!  Roll on Falkirk. John Mac you were missed Iain is writing a full report although he will probably be asking Kenny for the playlist!

baldpar

« Reply #17 on: Thu, Mar 22, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Great night in Livi.  Hamish was in good voice and even had his new CD with him for sale and they were snapped up eagerly

Were there any copies of the record for sale rather than the CD? If not I will have to get one from Assai on Sunday.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #18 on: Thu, Mar 22, 2018, 07:57 AM »
No only CDs on sale last night

baldpar

« Reply #19 on: Thu, Mar 22, 2018, 10:12 AM »
No only CDs on sale last night

Cheers. I'd prefer to get the record so will pop over to Assai on Sunday. Looking forward to tonight's gig.

baldpar

« Reply #20 on: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Great gig in Falkirk last night. I think the heat in the room may have had something to do with the person collapsing. Apparently they were able to walk to the ambulance so hopefully they are ok. Hamish's set was as good as ever. I was chating to him later and he is very excited about the record coming out. Kenny's set was great. I enjoyed the loops and beats that accompanied a couple of the songs.

Nice venue too.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #21 on: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Been to behind the wall in Falkirk in the past and I was surprised to discover it was a standing concert.  I think perhaps other folk bought tickets expecting seats, as the majority of the time it is seated in that room. This maybe had something to do with the person collapsing at the back.   Hamish in his new shirt (CD sales are booming) was great and I prefer him standing as he is good at stamping along and his antics are better. He got a great reception from the crowd. Kenny came on and started his set and was in full flow when he had to stop because of what happened at the back of the room.  We all had to go downstairs and returned with Kenny starting off with the choral backing and all I could think was oh no he's missed out that other electronic beat one, but then he cleverly managed to sneak it in. Great as could have a wee dance along. No guitar just accordian Kenny doing what he likes and just walking away at the end leaving everyone milling over his performance and I for one loved every minute of it.  Last night tonight Gala folk are in for a treat.

lolsmit

• Hanx!
« Reply #22 on: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 09:39 AM »
Not that surprised tbh but, given the type of gig it was, the usual bench seat/table set-up would have been better imho, especially as KC would be seated.  Didn't detract from a great night though and really enjoyed the deviation from the "same set" routine of the past 10 years  ;)  :P

Most gigs in there drown out the noisy aircon, that was a bit of a nuisance at first, though necessary.

The lady at the back was seated, suspect the heat was a factor, hope she's ok.

Thanks to KC & Hamish  8) 

PS Hope Funky made it out of Falkirk in one piece!

nodisco

« Reply #23 on: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 13:27 PM »
Big thank you for last night.
Loved the la GEP additions to KCs medley of misery, and was utterly, utterly impressed with HHs set first live experience for me, he was absolutely brilliant! Off to Assai to get the new record : )

funky_nomad

« Reply #24 on: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 13:44 PM »
It's always nice to leave Falkirk in a hurry...  ;)

I think the low stage/standing gig elements were definitely an issue - a couple of mates of mine were stood near the back and couldn't see a thing, and both are over 6ft.

Whilst I'm partial to a bit of KC accordion and a good segue, I did feel the lack of chat or banter was very noticeable, as that's one of the things that usually makes KC gigs that wee bit special.

Hey-ho, horses for courses and all that.

baldpar

« Reply #25 on: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 15:11 PM »
It's always nice to leave Falkirk in a hurry...  ;)

I think the low stage/standing gig elements were definitely an issue - a couple of mates of mine were stood near the back and couldn't see a thing, and both are over 6ft.

Whilst I'm partial to a bit of KC accordion and a good segue, I did feel the lack of chat or banter was very noticeable, as that's one of the things that usually makes KC gigs that wee bit special.

Hey-ho, horses for courses and all that.

My friend said something similar on the way home last night. He likes a bit of chat between the songs and enjoys some of the funny anecdotes.