Author Topic: KC, Hamish and their manager for the coming tour  (Read 2093 times)

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
KC, Hamish and their manager for the coming tour
« on: Thu, Feb 08, 2018, 16:44 PM »
Laugh?..... I nearly fell out of bed twice.

If you haven't seen this picture of the trio, have a look here:

https://twitter.com/_theoldlibrary/status/956625747220795392

The antidote to my normal face.

Nico Brad

Re: KC, Hamish and their manager for the coming tour
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Feb 12, 2018, 14:57 PM »
Laugh?..... I nearly fell out of bed twice.

If you haven't seen this picture of the trio, have a look here:

https://twitter.com/_theoldlibrary/status/956625747220795392

The antidote to my normal face.

My computer screen now has coffee sprayed all over it! That is brilliant, although part of me wishes I could un-see it. I guess a lot of people have already said "Oh you dirty old man"!

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: Sat, Mar 10, 2018, 23:07 PM »
Wasn't quite sure where to put this so I'll rest it here. Just out of Stornoway gig.

Hamish Hawk was excellent, first time I've seen him, and bought a couple of his CDs from the ice cream stall at half time. I enjoyed the song about waking up with a devastating hangover in Cupar, who hasn't?

KC came on and played a 35-40 mins squeezebox "medley of misery" of all sorts of past album stuff. One constant song flipping in and out of numerous other songs. Quite fragile, you'd enjoy it if you were a fan.

And my review ends there in case the ignorant pair who walked out at that point happen to read this. But if they are reading this, you'll get tonight's audience requests if you go to the next show in Harris. You might wonder why KC had some guitars on stage with him but I'm not telling you! Hope you beat the traffic anyway.

I'm heading home now. All going well should.make it back to Fence HQ (Midlothian Division) by about 10pm on Sunday having left at 4am today!! So worth it. I've enjoyed my day so much and the mere sight of a Calmac ferry brings my fuzzy head into line.

Next KC show of mine will be Livingston. If Kwaing taking requests so far in advance then I'd love to hear his take on The Fall again!!

ps. Driving up this morning I put the "23" CD on and got a proper fit of giggles at the "love your present" song thinking about KC's description of the Daily Record and the jagged red line from one house to abother.

LynneL

« Reply #3 on: Sun, Mar 11, 2018, 11:25 AM »
"KC came on and played a 35-40 mins squeezebox "medley of misery" of all sorts of past album stuff. One constant song flipping in and out of numerous other songs. Quite fragile, you'd enjoy it if you were a fan."

Kevin, was the 'medley of misery' KC's own description?  :D My favourite songs of his tend to be of that ilk! Wish I could have been there. 

Oddly enough, I also put Psalm Clerk on the car CD yesterday and it brought back memories of December and a smile to my face.

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: Sun, Mar 11, 2018, 13:25 PM »
Yeah, that was his description!

I'm so tempted to head down to Harris tomorrow night since I'm here anyway. Work calls however!

offramp

« Reply #5 on: Thu, Mar 15, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Hi (Jim).

Been a while since I popped in here! Caught Kenny and Hamish last night in Elgin - what a treat.

Anyway, Kenny regaled a story of the last time he 'played' in Elgin (with SDO, circa '93). Half the band / half the gear arrived in one car in usual time. The other half arrived around 11pm after driving from Fife with no spare tyre, and one wheel now down to bare metal. The promoter promptly told them to simply turn around and go home, with the parting shot of 'you'll never play Elgin again!'. A memory which I think had Kenny laughing all day, yesterday.

Anyway (x2), he couldn't remember the name of the venue - is Geeko around to confirm? (He said you would remember).

From an Elgin loon.

But, aye, magic wee show.

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #6 on: Thu, Mar 15, 2018, 13:32 PM »
I remember it well enough I think  ;D

KC & I took the well driven road up the east(ish) coast (Huntly - Fochabers - Elgin) whilst Een & Eric took the A9 (Carrbridge - Fochabers - Elgin).

I think we had my drums, KC's guitar (the purple one!!!!!) and the two pa speaker cabinets in our car whilst Een & Eric transported (eventually) themselves, double bass, banjo, pa amp and cables :-) What could possibly have gone wrong?

I may be mistaken but I think the place was Libo? / Lido? - just up and opposite the RAF Recruitment Office? Long time ago now sorry.

offramp

« Reply #7 on: Thu, Mar 15, 2018, 13:42 PM »
Yes, the Lido, that'll be it...  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Andy!

arab

« Reply #8 on: Thu, Mar 15, 2018, 18:50 PM »
Going to the Arbroath show on Monday. Cannae wait.

czefski

« Reply #9 on: Thu, Mar 15, 2018, 19:03 PM »
Going to the Arbroath show on Monday. Cannae wait.

See you there....been a while.

Marion

« Reply #10 on: Fri, Mar 16, 2018, 12:48 PM »
Stuck on Orkney. Itís blowy but Iíve still got my dancing shoes. Now to find alternative entertainment tonight seeing as KC & HH arenít Olympic swimmers!  :D

czefski

« Reply #11 on: Tue, Mar 20, 2018, 15:19 PM »
Lovely gig in my home town or Arbroath last night. Kc and Hamish joining the list of bands expanding the list of bands I've seen there to, Corries Bluebells, Positive Noise, a few long-forgotten local bands, Frightened Rabbit, KC & HH. That's it, in 53 years, that's the list.

Hamish and his uncontrollable right leg got things off to a fine start, Catherine Opens A Window never fails to bring a lump to the throat and the other songs from the new album, available in stores from Friday, were great and well received.

KC's 'accordion on 45' medley was outstanding. Gogs then joined in for a few of the hits. One missed opportuntiy may have been not playing Cargill, given that will have been the surname of approximately 25% of the audience.

Great to see Stu Arab, Laura and Arab bairn no.3.

Finally, I have to say the crowd were impeccably behaved, not a whisper was heard throughout either set. If only that were the norm.

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: Tue, Mar 20, 2018, 22:46 PM »
There's a stunning version of Catherine Opens A Window on You Tube. Search for Every Sole Productions.

My trip to Livingston tomorrow will be sponsored by Lemsip.

baldpar

« Reply #13 on: Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Hamish's new album was the record of note on Roddy Hart's Radio Scotland show last night night. He played three tracks from it. Listen again on the Iplayer. I'm looking forward to the gig in Falkirk tomorrow night.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #14 on: Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 08:11 AM »
It's been a while but so looking forward to the next two days and seeing the boys again, cannae wait! No coughing Kevin 😉😷