Author Topic: From Zero to One  (Read 800 times)

baldpar

From Zero to One
« on: Sun, Mar 25, 2018, 19:22 PM »
I got my copy of Hamish's new album today. I'm listening to it at the moment with a huge grin on my face. One of the best albums I have heard in ages. His solo stuff has always sounded great but with a band behind him it sounds incredible. Congratulations to everyone involved. Hubble Space Telescope is epic and should close every live set the band do from now on.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
Re: From Zero to One
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Mar 26, 2018, 13:35 PM »
Have to agree Hubble has been my favourite song of his for years, great one to dance along to and even better with the big band.

creophile

« Reply #2 on: Mon, Mar 26, 2018, 23:10 PM »
but great to have Catherine Opens a Window released at last. Saw him in Assai BF , powerful performance of this song even with toddlers running around his feet.

nodisco

« Reply #3 on: Tue, Mar 27, 2018, 18:22 PM »
Been listening to it a lot since Friday and yes, this album really is superb. All the tunes are great, and Hamish Hawk is undoubtedly a very fine wordsmith: a terrific endeavour, even more so for such a young singer-songwriter. Can't wait to hear this live with the full band. Yet another Scottish talent I discovered through the Hub, so... Ta very much, Hubbers!  :)

Mozzalini

« Reply #4 on: Wed, Mar 28, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Played it 4-5 times a day since friday’s release and it just gets better and better. I genuinely count down the seconds til the guitar kicks in at 1.57 on Epicurus. This bit makes my neck hairs stand up and puts a smile on my face. Love it, love it, love it.

Ally

« Reply #5 on: Sat, Apr 14, 2018, 13:41 PM »
Hello,

I haven’t bought music by “new” people for quite a while. But I googled this fella just a couple of weeks ago and then ordered this album.

What a doozy - music, melodies and lyrics all so fresh and wonderful.

A hint of Mountain Goats, a little Lloyd Cole, a small touch of indie pop and a whole raft of originality.

Has he the same presence and charisma on stage as he does on this record?

Ally

baldpar

« Reply #6 on: Sat, Apr 14, 2018, 17:21 PM »

Has he the same presence and charisma on stage as he does on this record?

Ally

Probably more. Always great live. It's a fantastic album.