Author Topic: Some KC gigs  (Read 4086 times)

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
Re: Some KC gigs
« Reply #15 on: Mon, Jul 30, 2018, 21:37 PM »
September 1st - Pocklington Arts Centre
September 2nd - Moseley Folk Festival
September 3rd - Hebden Bridge ‘trades club’
September 4th - Corran Halls Studio Theatre Oban 8pm
September 5th - An Tobar 8.30pm
September 6th - An Tobar 8.30pm

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/argyll/the-studio-theatre-at-the-corran-halls/king-creosote-live-at-the-corran-halls

Siddy

« Reply #16 on: Wed, Aug 01, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Myself and Federica are really looking forward to seeing you all in Sunny Leith. Let me know if either of us can help with anything on this side of the Forth before or after the gig (bear in mind top Scran at Safari Lounge if your passing🤗) Will there be a Merch desk of any description as I'm desperate to buy a copy of Rocket DIY on vinyl if available?

johnmac

« Reply #17 on: Tue, Aug 07, 2018, 11:50 AM »
I now have an extra ticket for Leith on Thursday, so if anyone would like it, please let me know.

johnmac

« Reply #18 on: Wed, Aug 08, 2018, 09:55 AM »
The ticket now has a home.

Marion

« Reply #19 on: Wed, Aug 08, 2018, 11:36 AM »
I’ve got a spare ticket for Leith Theatre too if anyone wants it

Marion

« Reply #20 on: Thu, Aug 09, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Ticket has now got a lovely new home

Deadyankee

« Reply #21 on: Fri, Aug 17, 2018, 18:52 PM »
Off to the West Country tomorrow to catch David Suchet in an Arthur Miller play in Bath followed by KC in Bristol.  No brainer really as it could easily be the last opportunity to see a legendary fading old ham tread the boards, and David Suchet should be worth seeing too.

MikeGTN

• Songs Heard On Fast Trains
« Reply #22 on: Sat, Aug 18, 2018, 11:10 AM »
I've got two spare tickets for Bristol Thekla this evening. It would mean a detour to Weston-super-Mare for any potential new owner of said tickets though! Drop me a line if you're interested.

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #23 on: Sun, Aug 19, 2018, 23:46 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmmQyMOADBN/?tagged=kingcreosote

;D

the only thing 'rare' was the air in the cow-shed stage, phewwwwww!

steveg

« Reply #24 on: Tue, Aug 28, 2018, 18:01 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmmQyMOADBN/?tagged=kingcreosote

;D

the only thing 'rare' was the air in the cow-shed stage, phewwwwww!

Gotta say this was a duff one Kenny

kwaing

« Reply #25 on: Wed, Aug 29, 2018, 16:05 PM »

“Gotta say this was a duff one Kenny”

Strong contender for my first ever tweet right there!  :D

Yeah, shame really, for a mere 24 hours either side of this one you could’ve heard the same great band playing pretty much the same set of songs in cracking venues with far superior sound and atmosphere, fronted by Kid Creole too.

Deadyankee

« Reply #26 on: Wed, Aug 29, 2018, 17:56 PM »

“Gotta say this was a duff one Kenny”

Strong contender for my first ever tweet right there!  :D

Yeah, shame really, for a mere 24 hours either side of this one you could’ve heard the same great band playing pretty much the same set of songs in cracking venues with far superior sound and atmosphere, fronted by Kid Creole too.

Gotta say you could of been more pissed in Bristol Kenny  :-\

Gutted to have missed the Pubic Folk festival. I love wasps

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #27 on: Wed, Aug 29, 2018, 19:12 PM »
Looking forward to midges in Mull

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #28 on: Sun, Sep 02, 2018, 22:25 PM »
Was at open doors day at the Dreel Halls today the renovations are starting a wee bit later than first thought who knows maybe we could have a neepso there after all.  The kitchen is being made smaller and the space is going to be opened up with doors out onto a paved area in the graveyard.  It will make a good reception area if there was a wedding held in the hall.  Exciting times for the AIA.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #29 on: Thu, Sep 06, 2018, 10:39 AM »
Oban and Mull have been fab.  Kenny does the first half on his accordion saying he is the support, and there has been good banter in between songs. It started at 7.30 in Oban didn't finish till 10.30 great night and company.  In Mull on Gordon's home patch we all got hot and sweaty as I managed to get a few others up to dance along with me to - one night only - that is one great song to dance to!

Although in Oban there was a song whose lyrics I thought were more something that Gummi would pen - tangerines in my cheeks, margarine between the cheeks!  I am sure he just added that in! Last night in Mull he did do Blue Marble Elm Trees his new song and it sounded great with the full band even although this is about his resting place it has a really catchy chorus!  'No I can't complain, as I had the best time of my life with my girls, on this blue marble or any Ailen World ' think that's right good wee sing a long one.

Wonder what tonight will bring there is always something different each time and the big blister on his guitar playing thumb has burst so let's hope he doesn't get sepsis! Mind you he has been finishing with some spectacular marathon strumming on that old guitar.  They are such a great band given that a lot of the time they aren't sure what KC is going to sing, says a lot about them as musicians.   Hats off to you all.