Author Topic: king creosote’s East Neuk mis’advent’ures 2018  (Read 2566 times)

funky_nomad

Re: king creosote’s East Neuk mis’advent’ures 2018
« Reply #30 on: Sun, Nov 11, 2018, 18:46 PM »
Lighting the 1st candle, Sunday 2nd

kc will be doing his best to promote the Domino vinyl reissues of ‘kenny & beth’s musakal boat rides’ and ‘rocket DIY’ ahead of their release date 07/12/18.
REALLY hoping this will be done in the same style as the World Tour Of Fife a few years back - the song-by-song run through of Rocket DIY at the Fisher & Donaldson cafe in Cupar is one of my favouritest-ever gigs. Top 100, for sure.

baldpar

« Reply #31 on: Sun, Nov 11, 2018, 19:44 PM »
Lighting the 1st candle, Sunday 2nd

kc will be doing his best to promote the Domino vinyl reissues of ‘kenny & beth’s musakal boat rides’ and ‘rocket DIY’ ahead of their release date 07/12/18.
REALLY hoping this will be done in the same style as the World Tour Of Fife a few years back - the song-by-song run through of Rocket DIY at the Fisher & Donaldson cafe in Cupar is one of my favouritest-ever gigs. Top 100, for sure.

That was a great gig. Sounds like a good idea for Crail.

kwaing

« Reply #33 on: Thu, Nov 29, 2018, 21:53 PM »
Both Kenny & Beth’s and Rocket DIY will be available to buy, on vinyl, at Candle 1 (and for the next decade, no doubt).

I can’t beat Monorail on price, alas, but if it’s any consolation I bought 60 of each just to be able to own a copy of “K&B’s” on vinyl for myself. Them’s the perks  ::)

baldpar

« Reply #34 on: Thu, Nov 29, 2018, 22:50 PM »
Both Kenny & Beth’s and Rocket DIY will be available to buy, on vinyl, at Candle 1 (and for the next decade, no doubt).

I can’t beat Monorail on price, alas, but if it’s any consolation I bought 60 of each just to be able to own a copy of “K&B’s” on vinyl for myself. Them’s the perks  ::)

I'll buy one of each at Candle 3.

czefski

« Reply #35 on: Mon, Dec 03, 2018, 16:44 PM »
Candle 1 was a delight.

Act 1 - Kenny & Beth's Musical Boat Ride stretched out over 2 hours, stories behind the songs; tales of chaffuering JY to Wales for £35 each way; risks of being sued by George Clinton amongst others. A mix of guitar and squeezebox renditions, both in the case of Missionary; we even got a blindfold rendition or Harper's Dough.

Act 2 - Rocket DIY. A complete run through of, for me, amongst the top 2 or 3 KC releases. I'd last seen KC do this at Peacock Art Centre in Aberdeen as part of the launch of a Forest of Black installation in around 2011ish and it's lost none of it's lustre down the years. Again a few tales to fill out the back story to some of the songs; guitar and squeezebox version of Circle My Demise, finished off by the stone cold classic that is Saffy Nool.

Great to see the ENH packed out and some faces not seen for a while in those parts, Funky Nomad, Knitnurse, Rosti, Captain Fourhorns amongst the usual crew.

I also did some research today and it's seems the French equivalent of Jap's Eye is 'un trou de pine' which translates as 'pine hole'

Cameleon

« Reply #36 on: Mon, Dec 03, 2018, 18:19 PM »
Thanks Czefski.  So sorry I had to miss it but it sounds like a magical night.  Candle Two promises to be equally as wonderful judging by the Bhoy Gull session on Radio Scotland's Travelling Folk.

Nico Brad

« Reply #37 on: Mon, Dec 03, 2018, 18:28 PM »
Candle 1 was a delight.

Act 1 - Kenny & Beth's Musical Boat Ride stretched out over 2 hours, stories behind the songs; tales of chaffuering JY to Wales for £35 each way; risks of being sued by George Clinton amongst others. A mix of guitar and squeezebox renditions, both in the case of Missionary; we even got a blindfold rendition or Harper's Dough.

Act 2 - Rocket DIY. A complete run through of, for me, amongst the top 2 or 3 KC releases. I'd last seen KC do this at Peacock Art Centre in Aberdeen as part of the launch of a Forest of Black installation in around 2011ish and it's lost none of it's lustre down the years. Again a few tales to fill out the back story to some of the songs; guitar and squeezebox version of Circle My Demise, finished off by the stone cold classic that is Saffy Nool.

Great to see the ENH packed out and some faces not seen for a while in those parts, Funky Nomad, Knitnurse, Rosti, Captain Fourhorns amongst the usual crew.

I also did some research today and it's seems the French equivalent of Jap's Eye is 'un trou de pine' which translates as 'pine hole'

Thanks for the write up Czefski, any pictures to follow? I really do have to make it across more often.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #38 on: Mon, Dec 03, 2018, 18:43 PM »
Candle 1 was a delight.

Yes totally agree with Paul it was a great day. Kenny took delight in showing and letting us hear some singles which were the original releases of JY, Pip Dylan and KC giving some background to how the LP came about.  There was a drawing of JY face on one of sleeves which was life size and Kenny did some neat impressions using it as a mask although,  I thought it looked more like Vincent Van Gogh. We were also treated to another classic masterclass in guitar chords from Kenny and many of his hilarious stories. The ceremonial candle was lit and then blown out so that it would be able to be lit each week, carefully judged by Kenny. The two new LPs were on sale at the end including some Loose Tea ones.   ENH was well organised and even offered a special menu when first half ended at 5pm as their evening menu doesn't start until 6pm you could have beef or veg chilli for £7.50 and it was very nice indeed.

Looking forward to candle two

Captainfourhorns

« Reply #39 on: Mon, Dec 03, 2018, 21:28 PM »
Aye was great to get up to the Neuk after quite a while. Didn't catch the first half but got Rocket D.I.Y in. One of my favourites for sure.

And if that wasn't good enough, Kenny through in a belter of an anecdote involving birthdays, jackets and Turtley mishaps. Still laughing.

Cheers and great to chat with a few old faces!

funky_nomad

« Reply #40 on: Mon, Dec 03, 2018, 23:08 PM »
"Research", eh??? *wiiiiiiiiiink*

Pine hole does make sense tbh - certainly explains all those continental women calling me "Needle Pork sword".

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #41 on: Tue, Dec 04, 2018, 14:27 PM »
Will there be Buoy Gull singles at the merch stall for 2nd candle?

Really enjoyed the 1st candle and its aftermath in't bar.

BTW Euan, if you're reading this,  where's my Rocket DIY LP, you klepto! ;)

kwaing

« Reply #42 on: Tue, Dec 04, 2018, 17:58 PM »
There are all of ELEVEN BuoyGull singles left in the world. I’ll bring ‘em.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #43 on: Tue, Dec 04, 2018, 19:27 PM »
reserve me copies please?

LynneL

« Reply #44 on: Sun, Dec 09, 2018, 10:49 AM »
I have two tickets for Candle 2 this afternoon and am disappointed not to be able to go.

If anybody would like them I can send a photo. They're numberered so shouldn't be a problem at the ENH.