Author Topic: Triassic Tusk update  (Read 684 times)

stephen

Triassic Tusk update
« on: Fri, Dec 07, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Hello, the website is down and i don't have time to fix it, so i won't be doing that for a while.
If anyone has any urgent records needs then the bandcamp site is there, or get in touch with me direct at my new email. Or on instagram. I'm not near facebook very often. Or just come by the brewery. Cheers

@triassictuskrecords
stephen@triassictuskrecords.com

czefski

Re: Triassic Tusk update
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Dec 14, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Finally got around to playing Screamers v.2. Very sneaky marking it as 33 1/3, took me about 2 minutes of the first track to think, this would sound much better at 45rpm.

stephen

« Reply #2 on: Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 08:41 AM »
A tribute to Peel

Deegers

« Reply #3 on: Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 19:08 PM »
Have I missed something here?

Do not vinyl recordings sound better at lower speeds on account of the Physics of ..........

Thats why I buy the digital and physical formats.

Cant go wrong.

stephen

« Reply #4 on: Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 20:22 PM »
If you press 12s at 45 rather than 33 they sound better. So Iím told anyway.

hallav

« Reply #5 on: Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Finally got around to playing Screamers v.2. Very sneaky marking it as 33 1/3, took me about 2 minutes of the first track to think, this would sound much better at 45rpm.

Paul you won't be surprised to learn that I listened to the whole thing at 33 1/3 and loved it  ;D

Deegers

« Reply #6 on: Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 15:34 PM »
If you press 12s at 45 rather than 33 they sound better. So Iím told anyway.
i was not convinced by that by the way.

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #7 on: Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 15:41 PM »
"The faster 45 rpm disc speed has several quality advantages over the conventional 33 1/3. The improvements are most noticeable in the high frequencies and the sharpness of the transients. Listen carefully, at high volume levels, to the innermost grooves. There is virtually none of the pinch distortion found on even the best 33 1/3 rpm recordings. This freedom from inner groove problems enables us to cut further in, thereby partially compensating for the loss of time at higher speed."

kwaing

« Reply #8 on: Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 19:19 PM »
Couldnít have put it better myself.

stephen

« Reply #9 on: Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 20:06 PM »
It's why disco 12"s cut at 45 are far more collectable than other formats, although i still prefer the wee ones cause they're easier to carry and look all dinky.

hallav

« Reply #10 on: Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 21:53 PM »
I bought a couple of the Sheffield Lab direct to disc albums - 45 rpm for the reasons outlined.

The combined worth of the two is close to the transfer value of one of my pensions.

But they arenít for sale 🙂

nodisco

« Reply #11 on: Thu, Dec 20, 2018, 18:19 PM »
Thanks for the explanation! After some initial confusion about the 33 1/3 on the label, I'm very much enjoying Volume II, it's such a great compilation!
Top marks also for including "Il Banditore". How bonkers is this track - and the guy? Proper screamer and banger : )
Popolo del pianeeeeetaaaaaa! ... Pam zip gulp gasp sob puk ...

Last year I bought Del Re's Maul (Voci e Ritmi) and some other obscure self-releases, and bizarrely enough I was asked if I was interested in his percussion chair. I did think about it, for about 30 seconds. I'd love his iconic red beret though!