Author Topic: Burns Night 2019  (Read 854 times)

kwaing

Burns Night 2019
« on: Wed, Jan 09, 2019, 21:28 PM »
The Great Chieftains o’ the Puddin’ Race (kc & Geeko) will once again dust off their Scottish songbook for Burns Night on Friday 25th at the East Neuk Hotel in Crail.

Special guest - Gummi Bako!

To reserve your places please contact the ENH direct - you’ll find all the relevant details on Facebook i’m sure. Yay.
« Last Edit: Thu, Jan 10, 2019, 18:23 PM by kwaing »

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
Re: Burns Night 2019
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Jan 10, 2019, 13:50 PM »
three great puddings!
« Last Edit: Thu, Jan 10, 2019, 21:05 PM by Captain Geeko »

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #2 on: Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 17:43 PM »
best way to contact the ENH for this is email to info@eastneukhotel.uk
still some rooms left too!

Even as I write, Penman the butcher, the evil and deranged genius, is concocting tasty haggis in his laboratory - some of which will be boiled in sulphuric acid to remove the meat content, thus rendering them acceptable to verdevores.  Enjoyyyyyy!

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #3 on: Thu, Jan 17, 2019, 15:12 PM »
The Great Chieftains o’ the Puddin’ Race (kc & Geeko) will once again dust off their Scottish songbook for Burns Night on Friday 25th at the East Neuk Hotel in Crail.

To reserve your places please contact the ENH direct - you’ll find all the relevant details on Facebook i’m sure. Yay.

Looking forward to this with Gummi doing a special appearance.  It's a pity Withered Hand and Hamish Hawk are playing the same night in Glasgow as I know some folks are going along to that.  However, it might create a wee bit of extra space in the ENH and everyone should be able to have a seat for a change.  Dress code tartan!

Cameleon

« Reply #4 on: Thu, Jan 24, 2019, 18:37 PM »
Sorry folks.  Doesn't look like we'll be able to make either gig tomorrow night.  Please have a dram or an Irn Bru Extra for me and have a wonderful time.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #5 on: Sat, Jan 26, 2019, 14:06 PM »

Well that was fun! Kenny dressed in his kilt atire did the address to a haggis in his alter ego in great style, stories about his mum and dad 'weres ma keys Liz' had us laughing. Haggis was served and then a selection of Burns songs pity some folk kept talking through this, then Gummi took the stage with funny renditions of Scottish songs including Ali's army he had a tartan bonnet and tie on for the occassion. Kenny and Andy finished with some more fine Scottish songs including 'I wash ma willie' then for an encore he did a magical rendition of the 4 Mary's. Great night had by all.

Nico Brad

« Reply #6 on: Tue, Jan 29, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Thanks for the write up Lavinia. Greatly appreciated by those ike myself who were unable to attend.