Author Topic: king creosote’s East Neuk mis’advent’ures 2018  (Read 4196 times)

czefski

Re: king creosote’s East Neuk mis’advent’ures 2018
« Reply #45 on: Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 13:17 PM »
Candle no.2 was lit yesterday.

Act 1 - Flick the Vs plus the 4 Fence covers from the limited edition cd. As well as KC classics such as No One Had It Better, Coast on By, Two Frocks, Camels Swapped For Wives etc. there was some great banter, including talk of village bikes, the fellow Know, Elton John's gusset and Christian Madden's beady eye. KC's annual Xmas card from the aforementioned EJ allowed KC to show off his nifty flossing moves, I shit you not on both accounts.

Act 2 - BuoyGull, KC and Mariearad. A lovely set starting with Grace Darlings from the Triassic Tusk single, of which there are now less than 11 left. Other songs in the set included Pibroch, Blue Marbled Elm Trees, Me+You=Me, cover versions of Iris De Ment's My Town and LP's Unknown Yesterday, also a song called Peggy Something that sound traditionally Scottish, possibly a Connaich MacAndrew cover. It was rounded off by Marieard getting the pipes out and waking up most of Crail for Melin Wynt and Star of Hope. KC's encore was festive classic O Holy Night.

Another great day at the ENH, great music, great banter, great company. Thanks to Paul and the staff and, of course, KC & Marieared.

C

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #46 on: Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 14:00 PM »
Yes totally agree thanks to all as Paul says great music, great company and great day 10 out of 10.

Cameleon

« Reply #47 on: Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 16:57 PM »
Absolutely wonderful and the Pipes were icing on a very beautiful cake.  What an excellent weekend starting with Withered Hand on Friday night, an unexpected treat of Flick the V's and then Bhoy Gull!
Nice to meet up with old and new friends too.  We'll be posting details of TOOBE in January.
Now....about that Tinitus!

baldpar

« Reply #48 on: Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 19:13 PM »
I'm looking forward to Candle number three on Sunday.

Deadyankee

« Reply #49 on: Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 19:22 PM »
So envious of the Buoy Gull set  :'(

baldpar

« Reply #50 on: Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 21:08 PM »
Candle number three was superb. We were treated to Bombshell and That Might Be It Darling in full. Plenty of funny anecdotes in between the songs. Had a lovely chat during the break with a couple from Edinburgh (Suse and her partner). Turned out that Suse was involved in the design of the Rip It Up exhibition and had some interesting stories about it. Very pleased to get copies of Rocket DIY, Musakal Boat Rides and the Lino CD. If you have a ticket for next week you are in for a treat.

Jackie

« Reply #51 on: Tue, Dec 18, 2018, 14:26 PM »
Loved loved loved 3rd candle - hearing 29th February live was a 2018 highlight for me.  Thanks for a great day of music KC, Geeko and Des, thanks klv for a lovely brunch before the gig (well timed as the ENH chef decided to go AWOL) and to the usual table people for your company not only on Sunday but throughout the year.  Sorry we will miss the 4th candle bet it will be a cracker.
 Merry Christmas all xx

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #52 on: Wed, Dec 19, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Loved loved loved 3rd candle - hearing 29th February live was a 2018 highlight for me.  Thanks for a great day of music KC, Geeko and Des, thanks klv for a lovely brunch before the gig (well timed as the ENH chef decided to go AWOL) and to the usual table people for your company not only on Sunday but throughout the year.  Sorry we will miss the 4th candle bet it will be a cracker.
 Merry Christmas all xx

Yes totally agree, we were treated to a great show with a slim Des on Keyboard, Andy and Kenny in good form.  Was that Chef on a train by any chance and has he returned?  His assistant did well making the chilli and of course the fish and chip shop is just up the road.  Brunch was great and a good chance to speak to more folk thanks Karen.   We will miss you both on Sunday have a lovely Christmas X

Jackie

« Reply #53 on: Wed, Dec 19, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Good point - thanks to Assistant Chef John who did a great job at the last minute on Sunday getting us fed.

DiBa

« Reply #54 on: Sat, Dec 22, 2018, 14:20 PM »
Anyone going back to St Andrews from the candle 4 doo at the ENH,? My dates have had to cancel and I'm now on a solo Sunday ENH mission.
Unfortunately they haven't mentioned anything about selling their tickets.
DiBa

DiBa

« Reply #55 on: Sat, Dec 22, 2018, 14:24 PM »
Oops, forgot to say I was hoping if I could share a taxi, if anyone was heading back to St Andrews, after the doo

Marion

« Reply #56 on: Mon, Dec 24, 2018, 14:26 PM »
So ‘Love Your Present’ is a Christmas song now. If only Edinburgh Airport knew the dark, sordid, front page reality

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #57 on: Mon, Dec 24, 2018, 19:09 PM »
Last candle was a belter with From Scotland with Love followed by Astronaut meets Appleman it was a packed room with the full band. Whisky Stephen was very supportive of every song.  There were there folk with babies,  others with dogs, not enough seats for the amount of folk who were there. Kenny sang a few hymns adding to the Christmas spirit.  Saying goodbye to everyone Johnmac was mistaken for Goggs and was even asked if he would pose for a photo!  Have a great festive break everyone! X

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #58 on: Wed, Dec 26, 2018, 12:56 PM »
Last candle was a belter with From Scotland with Love followed by Astronaut meets Appleman it was a packed room with the full band. Whisky Stephen was very supportive of every song.  There were there folk with babies,  others with dogs, not enough seats for the amount of folk who were there. Kenny sang a few hymns adding to the Christmas spirit.  Saying goodbye to everyone Johnmac was mistaken for Goggs and was even asked if he would pose for a photo!  Have a great festive break everyone! X

Wake up to this! springs to mind when they look at that photo!