Author Topic: Desperately sad news  (Read 372 times)

Sunday_Boy

Desperately sad news
« on: Mon, Feb 25, 2019, 19:26 PM »
Very sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings, but it seems that the rumours of the death of Mark Hollis are likely to be true:
https://twitter.com/globalhlthtwit/status/1100077058372366342?s=19

FilthySwan

Re: Desperately sad news
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Feb 25, 2019, 19:57 PM »
Just saw this.  Fuuuuuck  :'(

buddiepaul

« Reply #2 on: Mon, Feb 25, 2019, 20:41 PM »
Very sad news.  Talk Talk were perhaps the most influential bands in my life, from their early pop to the critically acclaimed last three albums.  They introduced me to a whole new approach to music when Spirit of Eden was released.  That was the singular most important music point in my life and most important album for me personally. 

Thanks for the music Mark

Cameleon

« Reply #3 on: Tue, Feb 26, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Mark Hollis was one of the greatest influences in my musical career.  I am sad beyond words.

Deadyankee

« Reply #4 on: Tue, Feb 26, 2019, 09:29 AM »
Came to them late but so glad that I got there. Talk Talk were peerless and Mark’s solo album is sublime. Sad times.

ayjayemm

« Reply #5 on: Tue, Feb 26, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Finding this very difficult , as it means having to accept that there really will be no more music from him now. I still remember buying Spirit Of Eden on LP when it came out and playing it over and over again; trying to find a way into it's world.
 It was such a jump from Colour Of Spring that, at first, to my 16 year old ears I didn't get it. A week later. it was glued to the turntable and has rarely left it since.
 Vaya con Dios, Mr Hollis.

Captain Geeko

• Captain Geeko's Recording Emporium
« Reply #6 on: Tue, Feb 26, 2019, 13:09 PM »
 :(

Nico Brad

« Reply #7 on: Fri, Mar 01, 2019, 14:14 PM »
I think I was always waiting for the news that he was about to release something new. Sad day indeed.

Cameleon

« Reply #8 on: Tue, Mar 05, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Oh dear!  Now we've lost Flinty too.  I know the Prodigy aren't everyones cuppa but they were our local lads made good when we lived down there (as were Talk Talk).
Sad news.