Author Topic: Easter Saturday’s last lino  (Read 3481 times)

bayern

Re: Easter Saturday’s last lino
« Reply #60 on: Sat, Apr 20, 2019, 19:32 PM »
Not going to make it up to Crail in time for tonight :( gutted.  Will be there tomorrow, if I can put our names down. Staying in ENH. Have a great night!

h1e2l3l4o

« Reply #61 on: Sun, Apr 21, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Thanks for an amazing show last night Kwaing! It felt really special (although I'm still not 100% sure what KY10 is...). I also managed to pick up several CDRs that I didn't even know existed which you sold me at a bargain price! (I have one that I actually don't know what it's called! - it's got a design that has blue glassy pebbles in amongst sand with KC spelt on the back- can anyone she'd any light??). Look forward to travelling back today and listening to them alongside my newly acquired Link 12" !!

MirrorMan

« Reply #62 on: Sun, Apr 21, 2019, 09:33 AM »
Thanks for an amazing show last night Kwaing! It felt really special (although I'm still not 100% sure what KY10 is...). I also managed to pick up several CDRs that I didn't even know existed which you sold me at a bargain price! (I have one that I actually don't know what it's called! - it's got a design that has blue glassy pebbles in amongst sand with KC spelt on the back- can anyone she'd any light??). Look forward to travelling back today and listening to them alongside my newly acquired Link 12" !!

Sounds like Sea Glass - is the opening track "For the Last Time - Hello"?

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #63 on: Sun, Apr 21, 2019, 12:30 PM »
it was a lovely day and evening in the fairy lit hay loft for the last Lino gig, the walls were filled with Keny Drew artwork with additional special designs which if you bought one at £40 included a bottle of whisky Stephens rum in a lovely etched bottle.  Magazine 1B and 2 were also on sale, and KC even remembered to bring some merchandise along.  Toby Anstruther was also selling wee knitted chicks for the AIA with cadburys eggs inside at only £1.50 which was bargain price. We were sat on a multitude of chairs, couches and benches for the gig which was also BYOB.  We had KC, Des, Andy and Gordon at the front with whisky Stephen as dj. KC was in a happier mood than he had been the previous night at Summerhall where he had a right good rant so we were treated to some of the funny stories from KCs past.  I enjoyed the story of his dad booking a hall in St Andrews and putting the Anderson family on and Gordon arrived drunk but was still able to play the opening piano part suffice to say we and the band all were wetting ourselves laughing as the story enfolded.    Good to meet some other hubbers and see well kent faces hope David Moyes you are reading this and it helps you make a speedy recovery so you can be back in the fold with the rest of us.  Thanks to KC and everyone for another great night to remember.

Deegers

« Reply #64 on: Sun, Apr 21, 2019, 13:21 PM »
Best NawBag I know.

h1e2l3l4o

« Reply #65 on: Sun, Apr 21, 2019, 17:36 PM »
Thanks mirrorman it is sea glass! Just had different artwork to the one I've seen online. Sometimes these releases are very cryptic! (but I like the mystery!)

Jackie

« Reply #66 on: Mon, Apr 22, 2019, 10:02 AM »
It was such a lovely weekend and so good to see everyone😃
Thanks to the 2 Kenny, Andy,Des, Gogs and whisky Stephen it was the best way to spend Easter x

Jackie

« Reply #67 on: Mon, Apr 22, 2019, 10:03 AM »
It was such a lovely weekend and so good to see everyone😃
Thanks to the 2 Kennys, Andy,Des, Gogs and whisky Stephen it was the best way to spend Easter x

creophile

« Reply #68 on: Mon, Apr 22, 2019, 20:52 PM »
best Sunday moment (or one of them): leading into the final bars of a Month of Firsts, Captain Geeko grabs the  mallets  with a dramatic, triumphant flourish, putting a smile on my face and reducing KC to hysterics

ayjayemm

« Reply #69 on: Wed, Apr 24, 2019, 21:51 PM »
What a weekend. Meeting up with great pals old and new; art, comics, rum, knitted ducks, a low red giant moon with three horizontal stripes, the introduction of the great Coinneach MacAndrew, The Anderson Show ("What kind of a name is that to call the laddie?"), and tunes, tunes, tunes. So, so, chuffed to have witnessed one of the best versions of 'The Penny Drops' I can recall. Huge thanks to KC, KD, Gogs, Des & Geeko; you guys were playing as hot as the weather!! And 'Alt-Folk' is a great album, too!! ;D

Deadyankee

« Reply #70 on: Wed, Apr 24, 2019, 22:01 PM »
I thought I might have the only copy of Alt-Folk - never see it mentioned.  We had a blast all weekend, great to meet up with old and new pals and to finally have some skin in the game at Yellae Deuks even if we didn’t win a prize  :-*. Both shows were incredible - couldn’t believe it when it hit midnight on the Saturday.  Great to see the red moon but a real shame to miss Cassiopeia. Bought loads of random music, some knitted ducks, laughed and laughed and hung out with puffins on the isle of May. Cheers to everyone involved.  8)

czefski

« Reply #71 on: Fri, Apr 26, 2019, 21:34 PM »
My late running review of another brilliant weekend in the Neuk. A week has passed so please forgive me if I’ve got some of the facts mixed up.

Thursday - Dan as good as ever in the ENH, he even managed to forget a lyric so that I could help him out. Someone will eventually realise it’s an act we’ve perfected. Really enjoyed Sam Crain too, I hope she’s had a good weeks holiday in a Hebden Bridge

Friday - KC Rules OK, discuss. I love these stories behind albums nights so this was never going to disappoint. Cast of Dynasty was an excellent interviewer, informed and well researched. Michael Pederson was there too. It got a bit edgy towards the end when KC got to rant about Spotify and a guy in the audience reckoned that KC shouldn’t be so negative about the state of the music industry.

Saturday - The final Lino night, sad to see them end. A run through of the album was followed by a few old faves, Impossible To Resist and How I Won My Stripes amongst the highlights. KY10 ep.2 being available was a bonus as was winning the stained glass poster.

Sunday - One of those afternoons in the ENH that reminds you why making the effort to get along is so worthwhile. In the first half KC managing to get through most of Feart To Go Outside with less than 2 hours notice made Mrs. C’s day. The 2nd half had a very strong Lone Pigeon thread running through it. Camels, Space, Unknown Yesterday’s and finished off with Summertime Beeswing. Other highlights were Inner Space, Vulcans and a brilliant medley topped and tailed by Russian Sailor Shirts. The only disappointment was the lack of Favourite Girl, maybe next time. Oh, almost forgot, the Czefski Raffle Rap was a career highlight for me.

Good to catch up with the usual gang and also with Nico Brand, Steve B, Funky, Deegers and the legend that is Ade Heathen.

Thanks as always to KC, CGtDA, Des, Gogs, Dan, Sam Cast of Dynasty, Keny Drew, Whisky Steven, Paul and the gang at the ENH, and last but by no means least, our fabulous hostess for the weekend, KLV.

Mozzalini

« Reply #72 on: Sat, Apr 27, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Gutted I couldn’t get up to Scotland for this, but work, life, etc just gets in the way. Still hoping I might be able to get hold of my Lino vinyl somehow though. Any chance Kwaing?

Deadyankee

« Reply #73 on: Sat, Apr 27, 2019, 15:27 PM »
Forgot to mention the unclaimed vinyl frisbee chanpionship

czefski

« Reply #74 on: Sat, Apr 27, 2019, 20:33 PM »
Forgot to mention the unclaimed vinyl frisbee chanpionship

It was like being at a Greek wedding