Author Topic: Edinburgh Festival  (Read 269 times)

Dubster

Edinburgh Festival
« on: Sun, May 19, 2019, 19:57 PM »
Hello all.  Myself and Mr Dubster are finally staying in Edinburgh during the Festival (well, Leith, its all us paupers can afford) and hope to see and hear some great stuff.  Any recommendations from folk in the know?  Any Fence folk playing?  Thanks in advance

baldpar

Re: Edinburgh Festival
« Reply #1 on: Sun, May 19, 2019, 21:33 PM »
The Cora Bisset play, What Girls Are Made Of, is back at the Traverse Theatre throughout August. I saw it in Kirkcaldy last week and it was brilliant.

http://www.corabissett.co.uk/what-girls-are-made-of.html

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #2 on: Mon, May 20, 2019, 08:42 AM »
We always make a point of going to Mervyn Stutters pick of the fringe show which is on at lunchtime it gives you previews of different shows, comedy, music and theatre and we often go on to see one of these shows after as they are usually very good. If you haven't seen Tom Binns he is great he does Iain de Montford the medium it's priceless. I haven't got the fringe brochure yet to search for other shows or events but anything that's on at the traverse theatre will be good as they usually win fringe firsts every year. Summerhall usually have music as did Leith Theatre last year but haven't picked up on anything happening Fence wise yet Cat.

Dubster

« Reply #3 on: Mon, May 20, 2019, 14:41 PM »
Thanks, that's really helpful!  Cant believe I'm still a Festival virgin after all those years of growing up only an hour away.  Looking forward to rectifying that and really appreciate the suggestions!

baldpar

« Reply #4 on: Mon, May 20, 2019, 15:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the official launch for the Fringe programme is 5th June.