Author Topic: kc at Futtle  (Read 567 times)

kwaing

kc at Futtle
« on: Thu, Jul 04, 2019, 13:51 PM »
Thursdays are the new Tuesdays that, not so long ago, were themselves the old Wednesdays.

On Thursday July 11th, at the Futtle Bar @ Bowhouse by St.Monans, 8pm, I shall be road testing some new songs as part of a long overdue new live kc solo set. Expect much faffing with songbook and glasses as per usual, though.

It’ll be a tenner on the door, boozes and juices supplied by Stephen, and if only NichoBI shows up, so be it. He’ll have to drink like a fish.

Kate

Re: kc at Futtle
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Jul 04, 2019, 22:08 PM »
Myself and Peter are both not working that day! We shall come, so you’ll have an audience of at least 3 !

stephen

« Reply #2 on: Fri, Jul 05, 2019, 00:05 AM »
If anyone needs food then Chris at the Millhouse next door to us will be open till 8, his wood fired oven will be fired up and he’ll no doubt be slinging pizza.

FilthySwan

« Reply #3 on: Fri, Jul 05, 2019, 09:22 AM »
Driving through for this would be mental eh.

For that reason don’t expect to see me there. As much as I’d like to.

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #4 on: Fri, Jul 05, 2019, 16:22 PM »
Thursdays are the new Tuesdays that, not so long ago, were themselves the old Wednesdays.

On Thursday July 11th, at the Futtle Bar @ Bowhouse by St.Monans, 8pm, I shall be road testing some new songs as part of a long overdue new live kc solo set. Expect much faffing with songbook and glasses as per usual, though.

Dam I have Paul Weller at the Castle but James will be able to make it with his glasses!

LynneL

« Reply #5 on: Fri, Jul 05, 2019, 18:02 PM »
We will try to come so that's another two. Looking forward to it.  :)

NichoBI

• My Website
« Reply #6 on: Fri, Jul 05, 2019, 18:05 PM »
if only NichoBI shows up, so be it. He’ll have to drink like a fish.
With a few people here and on various social media expressing intentions to attend, perhaps I won't be obliged to drown myself in booze. Still might...

Deegers

« Reply #7 on: Fri, Jul 05, 2019, 18:17 PM »
Stephen, can I park my campervan in the car park and pitch up overnight?

If not then the caravan park it is!👍

Deegers

« Reply #8 on: Wed, Jul 10, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Can I enquire as to other its doors at 8 or can we come along earlier and peruse Stephens collection of records whilst drinking his beer?

Beers are on Stephen, right?

creophile

« Reply #9 on: Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 00:38 AM »
no glasses required

With the absence of the usual chroniclers (Cjefski, Lavinia and Johnmac) here’s a stab at KC’s gig last night at Futtles bar. Kenny all alone with a guitar and keyboard loop fandango. The first set comprised the newer songs and some favourites. Can’t remember the names of the handful of new songs except Walter de la nightmare, but good songs. Kenny was in fine voice and we got great versions of Blue marbled elm trees and Dying’s just not for me, as well as a heartrending version of Kirby Grips (isn’t it always?). The “b” side of the KY10 cassette - Here’s what’s left, segued nicely into Since we’ve fallen out. The second half had more hits and welcome rarities such as Ear against the wireless and a beautiful Salt eyed at the bathing pool, and Turps, and the ever wonderful Dial C for Cradle. Cosmopolitan crowd of maybe thirty folk, everybody happy. Good beer too, shame I could have only one.

Deegers

« Reply #10 on: Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 12:15 PM »
That was fun, eh!

Deegers

« Reply #11 on: Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 14:55 PM »
no glasses required

With the absence of the usual chroniclers (Cjefski, Lavinia and Johnmac) here’s a stab at KC’s gig last night at Futtles bar. Kenny all alone with a guitar and keyboard loop fandango. The first set comprised the newer songs and some favourites. Can’t remember the names of the handful of new songs except Walter de la nightmare, but good songs. Kenny was in fine voice and we got great versions of Blue marbled elm trees and Dying’s just not for me, as well as a heartrending version of Kirby Grips (isn’t it always?). The “b” side of the KY10 cassette - Here’s what’s left, segued nicely into Since we’ve fallen out. The second half had more hits and welcome rarities such as Ear against the wireless and a beautiful Salt eyed at the bathing pool, and Turps, and the ever wonderful Dial C for Cradle. Cosmopolitan crowd of maybe thirty folk, everybody happy. Good beer too, shame I could have only one.

There was the unnamed one and the one called susie macmullin aka the krautrock one

LynneL

« Reply #12 on: Sun, Jul 14, 2019, 11:06 AM »
That was fun, eh!

Yes, it was great fun! Well worth the drive from the West :)

Hope the Futtle Bar is a roaring success, Stephen, and there are many more evenings like that one.