Author Topic: JAMP  (Read 881 times)

kwaing

JAMP
« on: Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 20:58 PM »
Making full use of Fife’s past tense for “jump” KenyaWest and KenyaEast are going to attempt a monthly club of sorts starting in Futtle (Bowhouse) on Friday 1st of November and thereafter every first Friday of the month.

We haven’t quite decided on times (6pm until 8 maybe, or 7pm until 9 perhaps) nor can we agree on a description ... I’d prefer to list all the things that it won’t be, but KD thinks it better to not list the things that it will.

What we will have is a few invited artists of the film making, photograph taking, music making, song writing, circuit bending, glass staining, marionette stringing and picture painting variety to stand up unannounced and without fanfare give witty talks, give demonstrations of works-in-progress, show films or slides, or throw in a barely recognisable performance or two. We’ll play records and mix tapes, display artworks, explain ourselves. We’ll take subscriptions to afford publication of a quarterly magazine not too dissimilar from the recently departed, much loved AETC ‘zine, and did somebody mention a curry? We’ll lounge about mostly, bask in these glorious East Neuk surroundings happy to have launched yet another great thing as yet unfinished before the weekend even got properly started.

JAMP.

Cameleon

Re: JAMP
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Sep 18, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Sounds wonderful.  Am stuck down south for foreseeable future but hoping to be back for First Futtling on 1st Nov.  Looking forward to catching up with everyone and enjoying what sounds like perfectly relaxed random fun.

Deegers

« Reply #2 on: Wed, Sep 18, 2019, 16:45 PM »
let's, go ahead and jamp.

minione

« Reply #3 on: Wed, Sep 18, 2019, 18:06 PM »
I'm up for the Jamp, sounds good...

funky_nomad

« Reply #4 on: Fri, Sep 20, 2019, 13:24 PM »
let's, go ahead and jamp.
Might as well...

czefski

« Reply #5 on: Sat, Sep 21, 2019, 09:41 AM »
I'm ready to Kick out the JAMP

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #6 on: Sun, Sep 22, 2019, 14:50 PM »
Jamp sounds like an excellent idea!

I am able to remember it using the cunning mnemonic 'jist a minute,pal'

Now all I need is a cunning mnemonic to remind me what my name is.

ayjayemm

« Reply #7 on: Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 20:10 PM »
This sounds both interesting and exciting while being simultaneously virtually impossible to attend if you live on a rock in the atlantic and have to work on a Saturday.... That being said, will there be anyway for non-attendees to jump on the Jampwagon and get involved with subscribing to the proposed magazine thang?? I certainly hope so  :)

seldomlight

« Reply #8 on: Fri, Sep 27, 2019, 09:55 AM »
+1 on the below sentiment re jumping on the jampwagon

This sounds both interesting and exciting while being simultaneously virtually impossible to attend if you live on a rock in the atlantic and have to work on a Saturday.... That being said, will there be anyway for non-attendees to jump on the Jampwagon and get involved with subscribing to the proposed magazine thang?? I certainly hope so  :)

Lavinia

• Wee woolies
« Reply #9 on: Fri, Sep 27, 2019, 10:22 AM »
we're jamping at the bit for this to start

KY-10

« Reply #10 on: Sat, Nov 02, 2019, 10:51 AM »

Nico Brad

« Reply #11 on: Sat, Nov 02, 2019, 22:36 PM »
Jamp one was a smashing event. Look forward immensely to Jamp two.

KY-10

« Reply #12 on: Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 20:43 PM »
here is the start of the JAMP podcast, probably http://ky-10.libsyn.com/jamp_s01_ep01_kwaing_jupitus_karen-less