Author Topic: King Creosote’s “my 19th bit of strange in 25 years”  (Read 1601 times)

Leckers

Re: King Creosote’s “my 19th bit of strange in 25 years”
« Reply #15 on: Thu, Jun 04, 2020, 17:42 PM »
waters ain’t waters if
they ain’t muddy.

matt.7000

« Reply #16 on: Sat, Jun 06, 2020, 15:59 PM »
Hey all. Did anybody ever put this up as a digital release/version or share their recording?
My recording was useless and I cant seem to find it now either.

funky_nomad

« Reply #17 on: Sun, Jun 07, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Hey all. Did anybody ever put this up as a digital release/version or share their recording?
My recording was useless and I cant seem to find it now either.
If I recall, a few of the early Bits were shared via the old BeefBoard if you can get a shot of Trev's time machine. Ade had the best recording of the 1st Bits.

Roddy

« Reply #18 on: Sun, Jun 07, 2020, 17:53 PM »
Not for the first time I am not following this. What are the bits that are being referred to. As simple as possible please.

stephen

« Reply #19 on: Sun, Jun 07, 2020, 20:32 PM »
The best recording of the 1st one was from the folk that brought all that equipment, wasn't it Wirralgirl? Anyway, I think I have recordings from most of them, but that one was the only one that had really good sound quality. I think each one I've taped has been on my phone and has always sounded quite guff, but I've often had a bit too much to drink to tape things competently.

Roddy - My nth Bit of Strange in N years is a KC album. It only exists as a live show, and the attendees of said show record it and share it. Each show has featured different versions of the songs, and most have had different guest players. One of the songs from it was used on Diamond Mine, can't remember if any of the other songs have appeared anywhere else.

It's easily one of the best albums ever made though, so well worth seeking out.

Roddy

« Reply #20 on: Sun, Jun 07, 2020, 20:53 PM »
Thanks Stephen
Hadn’t been aware of its existence but will now put it on the seek out list.
So I am assuming the forthcoming event will be the same format save on line.
Trust it will be easy to join as my online skills are reception class level in fact the reception class are most probably better.

Deadyankee

« Reply #21 on: Sun, Jun 07, 2020, 22:00 PM »
The best recording of the 1st one was from the folk that brought all that equipment, wasn't it Wirralgirl? Anyway, I think I have recordings from most of them, but that one was the only one that had really good sound quality. I think each one I've taped has been on my phone and has always sounded quite guff, but I've often had a bit too much to drink to tape things competently.

Roddy - My nth Bit of Strange in N years is a KC album. It only exists as a live show, and the attendees of said show record it and share it. Each show has featured different versions of the songs, and most have had different guest players. One of the songs from it was used on Diamond Mine, can't remember if any of the other songs have appeared anywhere else.

It's easily one of the best albums ever made though, so well worth seeking out.

Is this the June event mentioned in the Patreon? Or something different?

Also, re this album, I didn’t realise there were recordings of it kicking around. Interesting...

Leckers

« Reply #22 on: Sun, Jun 07, 2020, 22:47 PM »
there have been a few incarnations
of the bits of strange album to date...

one - kc and geeko - halloween 2009

two to nine - kc and geeko (with assorted guests) - at homegame 7

Ten??

eleven to thirteen - kc with the earlies - world tour of lancashire 2012

fourteen??

fifteen to eighteen - kc with found - homecomings tour 2012

https://www.whisky-online.com/aberfeldy-bits-of-strange-html.html

thebot

« Reply #23 on: Mon, Jun 08, 2020, 08:08 AM »
The other two were at the Halloween in Glasgow (missed that one cause fucking Fanage took too long getting ready  :) ) and with the earlies at the home game after the Lancashire bits of strange I think.

funky_nomad

« Reply #24 on: Mon, Jun 08, 2020, 09:14 AM »
Also, re this album, I didn’t realise there were recordings of it kicking around. Interesting...
Attendance at the 1st Bits was predicated on everyone recording and sharing it around - I remember, knowing what the signal was like around the AIA Hall, "borrowing" a digital dictaphone (leave it, Funky...) from work then realising about 5 mins before showtime that I hadn't brought or read the instructions and I had no idea how to work the bloody thing. Think I managed to get the thing working half way through Bats In The Attic...

Stephen might well be correct re Wirralgirl (who I saw for the first time in years at the Yorkston/WH Outwith Festival gig in Dunfermline last year - and she wasn't even down the front!!!) having the expensive kit. I might tap Ade up to see if he still has his, though.

funky_nomad

« Reply #25 on: Mon, Jun 08, 2020, 09:19 AM »
fucking Fanage took too long  :)
She's worth taking the time over, in my experience...  ;) :-*

funky_nomad

« Reply #26 on: Mon, Jun 08, 2020, 09:22 AM »
fifteen to eighteen - kc with found - homecomings tour 2012
Loved that one - lovely wee venue, tea-towels and whisky glasses. Perfect!

stephen

« Reply #27 on: Mon, Jun 08, 2020, 11:20 AM »
The first one wasn't the Halloween one was it? the first one was the one with the printed sleeves for cds, no? That was definitely upstairs in the AIA, and was during a day cause I had to go out and be sick in the interval, and I wouldn't have still had a hangover in the evening. Wasn't there an accompanying film by the big guy from Colinsburgh? 
The next few had folk like Bobby Bluebell and KT playing various bits and bobs.
The Glasgow Halloween ones were in some room across from Stereo that was freezing and they were KC and Geeko.
I've checked and the best recording I've got was definitely a WirralGirl one, I think Ade's one was the second best but it didn't split the tracks up, whereas Wirral Girl had gone that extra step, showing true dedication, the kind that Ade could only dream of. 

hallav

« Reply #28 on: Mon, Jun 08, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Records indicate that I have 1-4,8,9,12,15-18 and the iPod B.O.S. (whichever one that is).

The CD recording from Wirralgirl is dated 31/10/2019 so I assume the HG7 recordings began at '2'?

I should have taken notes.

Sorry everyone.

(Credit and thanks to the unnamed photographer of the above shots by the way)

funky_nomad

« Reply #29 on: Mon, Jun 08, 2020, 11:47 AM »
The first one wasn't the Halloween one was it? the first one was the one with the printed sleeves for cds, no? That was definitely upstairs in the AIA, and was during a day cause I had to go out and be sick in the interval, and I wouldn't have still had a hangover in the evening.
Bits 1 was definitely Hallowe'en, and upstairs at the AIA.