Author Topic: High JAMP, Raspberry JAMP, Standard JAMP  (Read 1228 times)

Lavinia

Re: High JAMP, Raspberry JAMP, Standard JAMP
« Reply #15 on: Tue, Mar 23, 2021, 18:45 PM »
I missed it too, dinner was still being served and then had to give the boy a haircut. Look forward to listening to the tape when it arrives. Hopefully it won’t be long till we can all meet up again at an actual gig in the sunny East Neuk again.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #16 on: Tue, Mar 23, 2021, 21:57 PM »

Instead of giving the Patreons a pesky week’s notice followed by a half week’s notice and a further four minutes’ notice, we might try out some guerrilla style live performances. I don’t believe it to be possible, but if, say, the modules were behaving themselves on a particular wet Wednesday afternoon, KD seems to think we can alert y’all and play for whomever tunes in, no advance notice, nuffink. We won’t stick to a predictable timetable either, so I fully expect nobody at all to hear us, which is fine by me until we get ourselves up to speed with the YouTube professionals.

It’s the new day job.

Art for art's sake is where it's at!  Reminds me of saying to you once that having a pub was great until we opened to the public.  You're pursuing that pure state now, with your admirable plan to play to possibly no-one. Is it some kind of quantum physics thing? I think I'd be happy to pay higher subs for that.  :)

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #17 on: Tue, Mar 23, 2021, 23:28 PM »
KD seems to think we can alert y’all and play for whomever tunes in, no advance notice, nuffink.

and while on the subject of quantum physics,  if a tree falls in the woods and it doesn't hit Keny Drew...did it really happen?

funky_nomad

« Reply #18 on: Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 08:30 AM »
Jumping At Schrodinger's Cats?

kwaing

« Reply #19 on: Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 16:19 PM »

and while on the subject of quantum physics,  if a tree falls in the woods and it doesn't hit Keny Drew...did it really happen?

If the guy with the chainsaw, the tree, and all the other trees say so, then yes.

stephen

« Reply #20 on: Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 17:51 PM »
Huzzah! The eagle eyed among you may have noticed the tape deck wobbling away behind one of the speakers - this is the bootleg recording we’ll be sending out, and the modular sounds a lot clearer. The singing’s no better, alas.

Instead of giving the Patreons a pesky week’s notice followed by a half week’s notice and a further four minutes’ notice, we might try out some guerrilla style live performances. I don’t believe it to be possible, but if, say, the modules were behaving themselves on a particular wet Wednesday afternoon, KD seems to think we can alert y’all and play for whomever tunes in, no advance notice, nuffink. We won’t stick to a predictable timetable either, so I fully expect nobody at all to hear us, which is fine by me until we get ourselves up to speed with the YouTube professionals.

It’s the new day job.

Well seeing that Keny isn't paying subs for it then eh?

AETC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 10:11 AM »
Oh, these live performances are in addition to what we offer up for subscription by the way. A gift from us. Folks miss out on free stuff all the time, it’s character building.

In lieu of actual live gigs, it’s the best we can offer. Sounds to us though like it’s a dud from the off, eh?

On a happier note, Hamish Hawk has a new video coming soon for a song all about badminton.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #22 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 11:04 AM »
 I must be a very strong character by now, given the amount of stuff I miss.

But the point of this chat, to me anyway, is that you're entering the Twilight Zone with this stuff.  Your going to play with no warning but for an announcement immediately before.  Somebody may see it, maybe no-one.  You'll never know, then it's gone from youtube in no time.

Why not leave it online for a bit longer?

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo...

kwaing

« Reply #23 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 15:50 PM »
Nearly bang on - except we’ll give folk a very brief heads up, play, know exactly how many and who saw what we played, and in doing so we’ll hopefully improve, and who knows ... one day maybe even dare to try to sell a ticket for the experience?

A bit like turning up to play unannounced in a bar for whomever drops by I suppose, but obviously fuck all like it. It’ll be modular anyway, and the fans of modular don’t miss a thing. Non fans of modular will undoubtedly miss it, and so everybody’s happy. Me most of all if at first nobody hears anything.

Why not just rehearse a modular set for broadcasting online until it’s right and announce it to the world like others would? Hmm ... doesn’t really sound like much fun, and the comments would all be negative. This way we get the negative comments out of the way before we’ve even got started. For good measure, i’ll add a few of these  ;D ;D ;D for i’m finding this all very funny now.

*unsubscribes*
« Last Edit: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 15:53 PM by kwaing »

Jackie

« Reply #24 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 16:35 PM »
My tape and zine arrived, thank you😃
At the weekend I will attempt to sign up to Terry. Am I right that tracks will be digital for now?

kwaing

« Reply #25 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 19:48 PM »
Individual tracks, and radio shows, will all be streamed digitally with compilations made up over time for sale in the JAMP shop.

Jackie

« Reply #26 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 20:19 PM »
Individual tracks, and radio shows, will all be streamed digitally with compilations made up over time for sale in the JAMP shop.
Cheers. Loved hearing you live😊

kwaing

« Reply #27 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 20:21 PM »
Nearly bang on - except we’ll give folk a very brief heads up, play, know exactly how many and who saw what we played, and in doing so we’ll hopefully improve, and who knows ... one day maybe even dare to try to sell a ticket for the experience?

A bit like turning up to play unannounced in a bar for whomever drops by I suppose, but obviously fuck all like it. It’ll be modular anyway, and the fans of modular don’t miss a thing. Non fans of modular will undoubtedly miss it, and so everybody’s happy. Me most of all if at first nobody hears anything.

Why not just rehearse a modular set for broadcasting online until it’s right and announce it to the world like others would? Hmm ... doesn’t really sound like much fun, and the comments would all be negative. This way we get the negative comments out of the way before we’ve even got started. For good measure, i’ll add a few of these  ;D ;D ;D for i’m finding this all very funny now.

*unsubscribes*

My battery ran out mid explanation.

So, aye, synth modules. KD and I caught the modular bug last September, and nowadays in between patches, FS19 harvests, space dramas and The Week cryptic crosswords, I find myself drawn into the professional modular world courtesy of Gaz Williams and Molten Modular on youtube. As well as trying to fathom out how these modules work, the performance part for me is to watch these guys patch from scratch. Sometimes they too struggle. And with 7 or 8 viewing!

Modular synths may or may not be for the majority on the Hub, and the music i’m making now on the modules isn’t even my cup of tea most of the time, so these planned modular smash and grabs is hopefully just the beginning, and the camera will be centred on the modules more than likely. With one or two friendly souls watching and listening to help focus our concentration, sharpen our wits, like I said already we might improve enough as drag our modular racks into the virtual equivalent of Futtle, first Friday of the month, JAMP style.

It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone reading this that we won’t make it too easy for y’all. And it’s a freebie.

stephen

« Reply #28 on: Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 20:43 PM »
Is this an acrostic?