Author Topic: High JAMP, Raspberry JAMP, Standard JAMP  (Read 1220 times)

AETC

• Global Moderator
High JAMP, Raspberry JAMP, Standard JAMP
« on: Tue, Sep 01, 2020, 23:14 PM »
Hope you JAMPERS are all liking the new video by klv and kd over on the Patreon site. At the bored meeting today we decided to extend September 21st’s guest list to include ALL Patreon subscribers, for the installation soundtrack IS to be the album of September.

So, what bang do we all get for our buck this month?

Standard JAMP - you can have as many plays as you like of our new video, and a seat in the virtual stalls for our Autumnal Equinocturnal, um, thing on September 21st.

Raspberry JAMP - all of the above plus the JAMP 3 cassette featuring MC Quake, Janet and a couple of lesser kent Dutch others.

High JAMP - all of the above plus a cassette copy (in October) of whatever it is you’ll hear on Sept. 21st.

As if that isn’t enough, and to make up for holding back September’s album until the 21st, we’ll be launching what we’re calling ‘fence radio’ as soon as our technical staff (kd) gets the software up and running. All Patreons are most welcome to tune in.

Lammas Dive Bombers, your spiffing August album, is still airborne so we’ll send those tapes out to the High JAMPERS as soon as they land.

There are bound to be questions, for no matter how fully we try to explain these things, confusion reigns  :) For now, and probably for ever, no live-streams are planned, for reasons probably best left to be written up in the next jampzine.

As mrsealyP says, “Thanks for watching!”

Deegers

Re: High JAMP, Raspberry JAMP, Standard JAMP
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Sep 04, 2020, 15:01 PM »
A magnanimous gesture that is indicative of all things that jamp is...

Time remains abstract so it will be when it is, that the apple falls in a relative distance from the tree.

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: Sat, Sep 05, 2020, 18:19 PM »
Damn it not here on on 21st  first week away since early March. Work looking more promising though so hopefully will be able to join Jamp fun soon😃

Deadyankee

« Reply #3 on: Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 19:07 PM »
Is the Patreon locked into cassettes rather than cd going forward?
Not pleeping, I like the concept but, in reality, it just sounds awful on my gear and I’m not looking to invest in a new tape deck etc so I’ll probably duck out now if it’s an all tape future

AETC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 20:02 PM »
Cassette for new and previously unreleased music, CDR for fence back catalogue, vinyl as and when we can afford it. A hearty thanks for your support thus far all the same!

Deadyankee

« Reply #5 on: Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 20:35 PM »
Ah, ok. I’ll stick with it if the back cat stuff is still cd  :o

whiskeypriest

« Reply #6 on: Mon, Nov 23, 2020, 00:49 AM »
I had a dream, last night, the December JAMP, back-catalogue, album was Lo-Fi/Waltzer.  I don't even know if those are the correct names.  I've never heard anything from either.  Strange I would dream about it and those would be the titles.  Whatever it is, I am sure it will be incredible. 

stephen

« Reply #7 on: Mon, Nov 23, 2020, 20:41 PM »
I had a dream, last night, the December JAMP, back-catalogue, album was Lo-Fi/Waltzer.  I don't even know if those are the correct names.  I've never heard anything from either.  Strange I would dream about it and those would be the titles.  Whatever it is, I am sure it will be incredible.

Waltzer is one of the greatest albums ever.

whiskeypriest

« Reply #8 on: Tue, Nov 24, 2020, 05:06 AM »

Waltzer is one of the greatest albums ever.

When I finally make it there, I hope you will let me hang out, (drink) at Futtle, and treat me to a marathon listening session of albums I haven't heard.

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #9 on: Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 13:40 PM »
The joys of being a patron of Jamp.  Got an email yesterday announcing a youtube video 'for patrons only'.  The email came at 4.56 and the video was released at 5pm.  By the time I saw the email and logged on, I got the 'video unavailable' message.  I was too late.  Jamp is wonderful.

kwaing

« Reply #10 on: Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 16:26 PM »
Oh, but it IS wonderful, for the 4.56pm email was the second reminder, and on Sunday 14th March the broadcast time was announced in the thread ‘it’s the all new JAMP show’ where we said we’d announce the actual broadcast time, remember?

Next time we’ll try to remember to remind you that you might need to be reminded to check the reminder notice that we said you ought to remember.

Apparently it went okay, but I myself forgot to watch it  ;D

franzkafka

• owen edelsten
« Reply #11 on: Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 16:30 PM »
I'm not surprised.  The bureaucracy is too much for ma wee sair heid!

FilthySwan

« Reply #12 on: Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 19:52 PM »
Well I forgot but I was working anyway. Hopefully, I clicked the link at the back do 7 and deep joy!! It still let me watch.
Loved it!

thebot

« Reply #13 on: Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 22:46 PM »
Loved it!

Me too.  Thought the modular stuff brought back the chaos of the early albums, it was great.

kwaing

« Reply #14 on: Tue, Mar 23, 2021, 18:08 PM »
Huzzah! The eagle eyed among you may have noticed the tape deck wobbling away behind one of the speakers - this is the bootleg recording we’ll be sending out, and the modular sounds a lot clearer. The singing’s no better, alas.

Instead of giving the Patreons a pesky week’s notice followed by a half week’s notice and a further four minutes’ notice, we might try out some guerrilla style live performances. I don’t believe it to be possible, but if, say, the modules were behaving themselves on a particular wet Wednesday afternoon, KD seems to think we can alert y’all and play for whomever tunes in, no advance notice, nuffink. We won’t stick to a predictable timetable either, so I fully expect nobody at all to hear us, which is fine by me until we get ourselves up to speed with the YouTube professionals.

It’s the new day job.