Author Topic: An Tobar  (Read 1219 times)

Leckers

Re: An Tobar
« Reply #30 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 21:34 PM »
pray tell stephen - as usual i
was reeking so my recollection
may well be clouded. but i’d be
interested to hear what you mind.

czefski

« Reply #31 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 22:32 PM »
I definitely remember the guy being an arsehole inside the hall, trying to pick a fight with a few people, me included. He picked on the wrong guy though as I will still a fast runner at that time.

Leckers

« Reply #32 on: Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 22:50 PM »
ah i missed all that - totally oblivious.
i mind chatting to a couple of his wee
mates outside the pub before the fight
and they seemed like gents. my only
involvement in the subsequent pagger
was holding wayne’s lovely wee dog
while it kicked off.

kwaing

« Reply #33 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 13:40 PM »
You wir haudin’ Wayne’s Wullie?

Lavinia

« Reply #34 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 18:27 PM »

You never miss an opportunity to talk about Wullies!

I remember Sorren and Hannah being at that Bun fight because our Gavins friend Craig was playing bass in his band. I was sober as I was driving but it was the night that the chef slashed the owner of the Marine hotel arm and he threw the suitcases out the window.  Gavin ended up with the band at Kennys and he mentioned the fight but the Marine sounded even more mental. 

We were given some of the lovely strawberry beer to drink when we got home, it was an unforgettable weekend. 

czefski

« Reply #35 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 18:34 PM »
All that and an alleged scatalogical accident at the front of the stage during Withered Hand's set in the evening at the Legion Hall.  Carlsberg don't do music events but....

Leckers

« Reply #36 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 19:23 PM »

there’s a first time
for everything.  ;)

Leckers

« Reply #37 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 19:24 PM »
All that and an alleged scatalogical accident at the front of the stage during Withered Hand's set in the evening at the Legion Hall.  Carlsberg don't do music events but....

you never told me you
shit yourself that night.

czefski

« Reply #38 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 19:39 PM »

you never told me you
shit yourself that night.

I was at the Town Hall in the evening, well away from the scene of the crime

Leckers

« Reply #39 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 20:26 PM »
a likely story.  ;)

Cameleon

« Reply #40 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 22:48 PM »
Sorren and Hannah are featured in the second half of the latest Quay Sessions on BBC Scotland.  Exquisite and no brawling outside the studio or wullie holding!

Lavinia

« Reply #41 on: Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 23:39 PM »
Celtic Connections so far has been great, like the others I too thought Fergus was fantastic.  Other favourites were the Dreamers circus from Denmark, The Secret Sisters, Molly Tuttle, from Quebec De Temps Antan had my feet tapping. As always Admiral Fallow and the An Tobar sets were all excellent. Peat and Diesel made me laugh so much. Roddy Harts show tonight was good, Rachel Sermanni has a lovely voice and that boy from Biffy Cylro Simon Neil were my favourites.

whiskeypriest

« Reply #42 on: Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 00:31 AM »
Jose Gonzales played a wonderful show. The visual of him playing in the garden was incredible. I also particularly enjoyed seeing him make a mistake and laughing it off, humbly. I’ve watched the show, three times. Definitely worth checking out if you have the chance. I also bought a ticket for the Secret Sisters. Beautiful harmonies.

Lavinia

« Reply #43 on: Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Jose Gonzales played a wonderful show. The visual of him playing in the garden was incredible. I also particularly enjoyed seeing him make a mistake and laughing it off, humbly. I’ve watched the show, three times. Definitely worth checking out if you have the chance. I also bought a ticket for the Secret Sisters. Beautiful harmonies.

I will check out Jose tonight thanks for the recommendation

Cameleon

« Reply #44 on: Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 14:45 PM »
Hi Lavinia
I thought  Simon Neil's cover of Kate Bush's Running up that Hill was stunning and Field Music were an excellent choice for vocal duties with Roddy's top notch band.   Not sure we can make the Transantlic Sessions gig.  Anything else you can sugest before it closes?