Author Topic: St.Andrews Seafood Restaurant  (Read 3039 times)

Dubster

St.Andrews Seafood Restaurant
« on: Wed, Jun 12, 2013, 15:39 PM »
Anybody eaten there recently?  Any good? Am heading to Jockland tomorrow and we have a table booked for dinner.  Shame I don't eat seafood but never mind, I want to go just for the amazing setting...

geebee

Re: St.Andrews Seafood Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Jun 12, 2013, 17:44 PM »
Nope 'fraid not. A seat on the Elephant Rock is cheaper and you can eat whatever you like  :P

Hope you enjoy your seaweed sandwich!

Dubster

« Reply #2 on: Wed, Jun 12, 2013, 20:24 PM »
Nope 'fraid not. A seat on the Elephant Rock is cheaper and you can eat whatever you like  :P

Hope you enjoy your seaweed sandwich!

Funnily enough, I was planning on a visit to the Elephant Rock - a bunch of us from school carved our initials on it back in the '80s.  Cant quite remember where I put mine though...

gorgieboy

« Reply #3 on: Thu, Jun 13, 2013, 08:14 AM »
Hi Dubster,

Not really recently - but we ate there a couple of years ago.  The setting is probably more impressive than the food, though we did only eat from the set lunch menu.  The main menu can get a bit expensive.

kwaing

« Reply #4 on: Fri, Jun 14, 2013, 11:35 AM »
cancel the booking and head on over to Forgan's on Market Street

Dubster

« Reply #5 on: Fri, Jun 14, 2013, 23:18 PM »
cancel the booking and head on over to Forgan's on Market Street
spooky, my mum ate at forgans on tuesday and said it was ace though she wasnt impressed with the acoustics and piped music, found it very noisy but loved the food. We DID go to the seafood restaurant last night and had a beautiful meal , albeit served by several members of the Adams family. It was fudging expensive and the portions were tiny but as i was just getting over gastorentiritis this suited me fine. Worth it for the setting and the sunset, if nothing else, though i wouldnt eat there on a regulqr basis.  Tonight was excellent Thai at Ming Nah or whatever its called on Market Street after a busy day traipsing round Edinburgh uni then a brisk walk on the West Sands at dusk after 2 bottles of wine.  Gonna be hard going back to London on Sunday....love coming 'home'

anster-lad

« Reply #6 on: Sun, Jun 16, 2013, 18:11 PM »
Seafood Restaurant is great. Pricey but if you like good food, worth it.

Cod almighty.

You CANNOT beat Ziggy's though  8)

hallav

« Reply #7 on: Mon, Jun 17, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Seafood Restaurant is great. Pricey but if you like good food, worth it.

Cod almighty.

You CANNOT beat Ziggy's though  8)

We stayed in an Hotel really close to that for Eye O The Dug but never went in. Remedied that passing through on our return fom Gnomegame though  :)

czefski

« Reply #8 on: Mon, Jun 17, 2013, 13:05 PM »
We had a fish supper from the Tail End in St Andrews on the way back from Crail yesterday, it was pretty good, long wait though.