Author Topic: Gravity  (Read 4140 times)

Rusticbob

Re: Gravity
« Reply #15 on: Thu, Nov 14, 2013, 12:23 PM »
I looked up Clive on IMDB, the films I've seen him in are Children of Men, Inside Man, Sin City, Closer, Bourne Identity, Gosford Park, The Croupier, Close My Eyes and the tv series Chancer. I've enjoyed most of all of those films/tv prog. Lay off Clive.
I adore Clive Owen, but Shoot Em Up was terrible.  :P

At last - something everyone can agree on.

Deegers

« Reply #16 on: Thu, Nov 14, 2013, 13:32 PM »
I looked up Clive on IMDB, the films I've seen him in are Children of Men, Inside Man, Sin City, Closer, Bourne Identity, Gosford Park, The Croupier, Close My Eyes and the tv series Chancer. I've enjoyed most of all of those films/tv prog. Lay off Clive.
Chancer was brilliant.

baldpar

« Reply #17 on: Thu, Nov 14, 2013, 20:10 PM »

3D can really work if it's not just a hack job.  Unfortunately though, that's the exception rather than the rule. Life of Pi and Hugo were great in 3D.  I'm hoping this will be too.

Speaking of 3d, my mate has booked tickets for us to see the Dr Who 50th anniversary programme at the cinema. He is super excited. I'm not as excited. 3d doesn't really do it for me. It makes the films so much darker. Willing to give it a go. The TV trailer looks quite cinematic so hopefully it'll look good on the big screen.

Jackie

« Reply #18 on: Fri, Nov 15, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Oh OK forgot Sin City - I'd have to give Clive that one.  I've not seen Chancer.
I think it was Closer that did the damage I hated every single character in it - what I would have given for Bruce Willis to turn up in his string vest and put them all out of their misery!

Kimmers

« Reply #19 on: Fri, Nov 15, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Oh OK forgot Sin City - I'd have to give Clive that one.  I've not seen Chancer.
I think it was Closer that did the damage I hated every single character in it - what I would have given for Bruce Willis to turn up in his string vest and put them all out of their misery!
I think the whole point of Closer was to make people in relationships uncomfortable.  ;)

Jackie

« Reply #20 on: Fri, Nov 15, 2013, 13:04 PM »
I think the whole point of Closer was to make people in relationships uncomfortable.  ;)
It was just so boring - full of self indulgent fuck wits who deserved each other.  Apart from that it was great :)

Gingerbeard

« Reply #21 on: Fri, Nov 15, 2013, 13:50 PM »
Love Clive in a (mainly) not gay fashion and Children of Men is fantastic, can't beat a nice bit of depressing end of the world / post-apocalyptic kinda thing. Apart from The Road, that film was just a bit too drab / brown.

arab

« Reply #22 on: Sat, Nov 16, 2013, 09:31 AM »
loose link; i watched a film about a cold fish last night; specifically "Black Fish" - made us both quite angry and aghast at all the lies and exploitation;  and as my wife said she doesn't even like animals!

Rusticbob

« Reply #23 on: Sun, Nov 17, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Went to see Gravity at the IMAX yesterday and it totally blew me away.  Amazing.  I think the first 20 minutes or so is a single shot, with the camera 'floating' around in space.  3d can be hit and miss, but you really should see this in 3d if you can.