Author Topic: eBay thread  (Read 31862 times)

czefski

Re: eBay thread
« Reply #30 on: Fri, Oct 18, 2013, 18:17 PM »
oh i don't know - have you
heard the glass album?  ;)

Nope, I only had 87.

lucky escape.

mind when that copy of baby piano
went for 190 a few years back. i
hope these prices keep up so i can
look forward to my retirement.

Fortunately I didn't bid 87. I did fancy the Plum Duffers CD but 46 was too rich for my tastes. 

Jackie

« Reply #31 on: Fri, Oct 18, 2013, 19:34 PM »
I think what I'm trying to say is; don't bite the hand that feeds you. Or something.

that's the one :)

fuctifano

« Reply #32 on: Fri, Oct 18, 2013, 22:42 PM »
I've been given 60quid worth of vouchers have a high street clothes shop. Anybody want to swap for records/cds/aberfeldy tickets?

MikeGTN

• Songs Heard On Fast Trains
« Reply #33 on: Fri, Oct 18, 2013, 23:11 PM »
...and that just about sums up what I was talking about.

Disappointing. Very disappointing.

R

« Reply #34 on: Fri, Oct 18, 2013, 23:23 PM »
The AETC swap shop! Now there's an idea... :)

MrsMike

« Reply #35 on: Fri, Oct 18, 2013, 23:44 PM »
I signed up for a username for the specific purpose of responding to this, because I think my husband has had enough B.S. thrown his way about this issue.
He's the one who is having to part with some of his records on Discogs. Some of you know him personally. And anyone who does know him personally, knows how deeply he loves music and how much he loves this community of musicians in particular. He turned me on to it. In fact, it broke my heart when he had to start selling off his vast and very awesome record collection, because it was both vast and very awesome, and also because it meant a lot to him. And that meant it means a lot to me too. But his sacrifices have been keeping us afloat during a new marriage, while I look for work in a bad economy.
I could go into more detail, but I'm not going to. Why? Because IT IS NONE OF ANYONE ELSE'S BUSINESS. If you are taking time out of your Friday night to wring your hands over what my husband is doing with his record collection, you officially have WAY too much time on your hands.
And paying with Tesco vouchers? Sure, theoretically, I'm sure we could barter. But we're not interested in bartering with judgmental a**hats.
I'm never going to be using this account again, so don't bother messaging me. I'm not Interested. Thank you.

fuctifano

« Reply #36 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 00:07 AM »
sorry everybody. not whay I've done. :o :-[ :-X
its my bday im pissed.
 ;D
love y'all thoughx

genuinely no hard feelings though eh.

folk can think what they like ;)

8)

fuctifano

« Reply #37 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 00:31 AM »
just reading this again..i'm not sure I ever said I was bothered about who sells what on whatever. just saying its not where I would buy stuff. if folk want to do that its up to them. Im really no that fussed. Folk do what they can to get by. and I hope folk do get by  - fuck knows its no easy.

and that comment about the vouchers wa s meant as a joke. sorry if it was shit. as I said im a bit drunk..anf this is the internet. soo...nah I cannae mind what my point was.

wine and coke anybody?

:P

kwaing

« Reply #38 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 02:03 AM »
crikey, g0 0ff1ine f0r a week and a'b0dy's fa11en 00t  ;D

[hms g/kc b0xsets c0ming a10ng s00n priced at a mere 40 and ninety nine pence with free g1ass c0mp whatever the fuck that was  ;)]

jonner

« Reply #39 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 02:07 AM »
provocative thread.  a thing is always/only worth what someone will pay for it and ebay is pretty effective marketplace for bargains and rarities alike.  the crux of contention seems to be what money the artist reaps/doesn't reap from art vs. product transactions.  clearly on this forum there is a lot of interest in art/product of a very specific ilk. how then to supply the demand for that ilk that is efficient for both artist  and admirers of said artist.  ebay in't it. i paid 5$ shipping for a $7 cd . . . . . . who reaps what there? i'll happily subscribe to a weekly/monthly release schedule if you're thinking along that line!

kwaing

« Reply #40 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 02:09 AM »
crai1 high five!

Rusticbob

« Reply #41 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 08:19 AM »
Well, I'm lost.

Kimmers

« Reply #42 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 09:24 AM »
Ya seriously gotta laugh sometimes.

Opinions, everyone's got one...

Dubster

« Reply #43 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 09:33 AM »
Ya seriously gotta laugh sometimes.

Opinions, everyone's got one...
they sure do.  if this discussion had been happening in the pub it would have been oh so very different...sometimes its hard to grasp banter through this particular medium...it happened quite a lot on the old Beef, particular with regards to religion and politics!

michi_p

« Reply #44 on: Sat, Oct 19, 2013, 09:36 AM »
well, it's definitely quite some thread.